Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person

Four Banger posted:

and you can go camping, and while everyone sleeps in tents and get's rained on, you can sleep in comfort.

Right on. Drove from Denmark and into the Swedish forests and camped there this summer. Wife, myself, our 2 year old and the dog. No problems (oh okay it was a tight fit).

In the woods

Playing with duplo in the back

Packed away again, blankets, sheets, mattresses, baby stroller, cooking equipment, etc

The car when not seen through crappy phone pics, 320d E46 Touring

Love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

Last year I hauled the x-mas tree home INSDE MY GOD drat BMW. Yes, it was wrapped, but still :) Planning to do the same this year. Wagons rule.

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

Put the winter wheels on the E46. I like 'em, but have no idea what model they are. Well, bring on the frost and loving salt. In the background you can see the wife's playcar, on which I need to replace the brakes... or junk it, there's always that :(

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Apparently those are Style 46. Check it out: http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/

Right you are, thanks, and the summer ones I can see are style 136. The more you know...

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

Albino Squirrel posted:

Comparable; I made a spreadsheet during my car shopping ( :spergin: ) and gave both the V60 and 3-series an 80, and the A4 a 90. Jalopnik complained about the body roll in their review but I haven't really noticed any.

If I'm being honest the A4 was probably the best drive of any car I tested, but with Volvo I could get the wagon for the price of the Audi sedan.

Interestingly I now have two people I trust with regards to cars independently call the Audi A6 a bad ride, when compared to the BMW's they were used to. The last one, my boss, drove half way across our, admittedly small, country to look at a fully loaded A6 wagon, which he expected to drive home in. But he elected to drive all the way home again in the beat up van he's been using for the past year since he sold his Mercedes, the feeling of the A6 when driving didn't suit him at all. So his going back to BMW again, which he had before the Mercedes. Perhaps it's the rear wheel drive, or something more subtle, I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

:getin:

• Locked thread