Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Confused_Donkey posted:

During:

Current again (before the black interior swap:

I plan on building another one (I collect these things) Which will be an E30 Touring / M60B40 6Speed V8 swap. This will be my new daily driver.

GLORIOUS. Gorgeous car, swap looks super clean as well.

My mazda6 wishes it could be a wagon. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

The local used Euro car joint has a couple sweet wagons.

High miles, but this would be a blast. A V70R with a 6-speed.

e: one more.. an '01 525i Touring with the 5-speed.

They've got some other pretty awesome Germans and Swedes.
http://www.starmotors.us/browse.php

angryhampster fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 14, 2012

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

VW/Audi engines sound soo good. I don't know what it is, but the VR6, the turbo V6, the V8, the W8 all sound ridiculously good.

Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvjTEDqGbYE

Sidestep-relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNtl5h3MSW8

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Carteret posted:

An exhaust on a VR6 still makes me hard. I miss my GTi so much. :smith:

I don't miss the $4000 repair bills on mine, but it did sound great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6cIZ44PWOE

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

angryrobots posted:

I miss my lolvo wagons.

There is a '06 manual transmission V70R with 25K miles on autotrader right now................asking $31,000!!!

WTF? An '04 is on sale near me for less than $10. Higher miles but that's just ridiculous.
http://whitedogimports.com/vehicle/2004-Volvo-V70/93686/

e: to the questions that will inevitably coming: Yes I have gone and looked at it in person. :) I went there on a Saturday and no one was at the shop, otherwise I would've test driven it. How are these cars for reliability? Expensive to maintain?

angryhampster fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 3, 2013

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Oxphocker posted:

Less than 100k miles? If it mechanically checks out I'd jump on it. It's manual too...bet it rocks.

The interior was only in fair condition was the reason why I haven't gotten too excited about it. My last car had a few rough spots on the interior that constantly pissed me off.

Also am enjoying spending my money on other things right now..first time without a car payment in 3-4 years.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

zundfolge posted:

I'd avoid that car. The headlights and front bumper are from an S60, so it's probably been in an accident. Hard to say whether it was a salvage car that they decided to flip on the cheap or an oversight on the part of whoever repaired it, but either way it would make me worry about how the rest of the car was kept up.

Interesting. Seems like a strange history given this dealer. They are very well-respected in the area for used Subarus, and used wagons of any type.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

priznat posted:

Pretty Un-cool wagon, but has anyone tried out the new (2014) Kia Rondo? Looking at options to replace my wife's 10 year old Pathfinder and want to move away from SUVs with crap gas mileage.

The Rondo and the Mazda5 are currently what I'm considering, haven't checked out either at dealerships yet. Needs a good amount of room for 1+ kids and a couple dogs, those looked like good options. I think she already nixed the Ford Flex for being weird looking.

I don't believe Kia makes the Rondo anymore?..Not on their website anyway.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

SyHopeful posted:

Has anybody here owned a late-model V70R? I've heard they have their own special "M-tax" on them, but gat dayum if they aren't the hotness.

I looked into it when I found a used one locally for $9000. Apparently the engines are reliable, but suspension components are obscenely expensive to repair and replace. $2000 for a set of 4 shocks expensive.

e: still for sale:
http://whitedogimports.com/vehicle/2004-Volvo-V70/93686/

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Solar Coaster posted:

Thanks alot! :)

Unfortunately, I'm planning on hanging onto these lights for the time being. I'm trying to track down a small flathood grill for a reasonable price and if I find one I'll put the quad squares in.

If you're in the area, you can check us out at turbobricks as well as CL and pick n pulls. I generally grab my parts from the Lynwood Pick N Pull and I generally see at least one or two 240s there rocking the quad squares.

Out of sheer curiosity, what kind of mileage do those old bricks get? high teens hiway?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

e: oh god I've done this all wrong have some wagons you fuckers

angryhampster fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 17, 2013

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

trouser chili posted:

Wagons intensifying.

Newest addition is 1993 Honda Accord wagon with manual transmission. Also pictured is my 1997 Accord wagon, 2009 Mazda5 (wagon-ish), and 2014 JSW TDI.

Had good experiences with your Mazda5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

angryhampster may be in the market for a wagon this year.

We've got a kid on the way this summer, and our 2-door Focus will probably be a tremendous pain in the butt to use a baby seat with. The Focus is an '08 with 120k miles on it..can probably sell outright for $4-5k easily.

I don't want to spend much more than that on a car. Obviously this limits my options and the 'new' wagon will have between 120-200k mi to fit in our price range. Secondary vehicle so MPG isn't a huge concern. Wife requires auto trans. What I'm considering:

1. BMW 5xx t (e39) ..my favorite BMW body. 6 and 8 cyl options both pretty reliable aside from cooling system. What are the other potential issues?
2. Subaru Forester/Impreza. I know nothing about them other than they need headgaskets and timing sets before 120k.
3. Volvo V70/XC70. I know nothing about these other thing I love the way they look.

This is what I'm considering, but open to other suggestions as well. Would also consider a 5-door hatchback but prefer wagon space.

Of these options..which one would be the least of a nightmare?

• Locked thread