Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Just got a 08 Passat Wagon 2.0T FSI for the wife to drive as an Explorer replacement, i'd like to thank this thread for opening my eyes to the possibilities of a wagon because there is no way in hell we're getting a minivan until we have at least two kids.

Is it wrong to pull the MAF sensor on the intake so it codes while she's driving, so I can convince her I need to order "replacement parts" from neuspeed? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Nothing wrong with a wifewagon I guess!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Now that we finally have it back from the nightmare that has been the purchase and subsequent mechanic fuckups from the place we bought it from, I've gotten a chance to hoon the wife's wagon around a bit. Since they cracked the engine cover bad enough for it to start throwing maf codes, I replaced it with a neuspeed intake so now you hear glorious turbo noises in the power band. 2.0TFSI in a wagon ain't nothing to sneer at. :getin:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
This is currently sitting in my driveway, sadly not mine.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The true nature of the wife's wagon was revealed today after a wash and quickwax. :ohdear:

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 13, 2014

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Last decent weather day we're gonna have for a long while, gave the wife's Passat a wash. I do love this car.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
and here we see the american station wagon in its natural habitat, on the sidelines of suburbia. It has the unique quality of making a husband happy he is not driving a minivan, and a wife happy she is not driving an SUV. Unfortunately, recent industry efforts have made this an endangered species, making the american station wagon a rare sighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
wagon doing wagon things

don't know if it'll be too happy about picking up a bunch of 2x4, 4x4x8s, and 2x6x12s for the playground i'm building though

• Locked thread