Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

The sudden situation has caught Sven completely by surprise. He remains firm in his opinion that Krieger was set up, and now the group has doomed a framed man to a short and horrible life of a monster. This makes him feel pretty terrible about himself and he does not know what kind of stories will be told about this day. All he can do is prepare for the inevitable bloodbath and draw steel.

Spending my turn readying the hammer and sword. I've misplaced my rulebook, so if that leaves time for anything else Sven will follow Orzad into combat.

pre:
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
Current   : | 52 | 37 | 29 | 51 | 29 |  47 | 37 |  34 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP  |
Current   : | 2  | 14 |  2 |  4 |  3 |   0 |  0 |  1  |

Weapon: Hammer (1d10+2), Sword (1d10+2), Dagger (1d10-1), Silver dagger (1d10-1), Pistol (1d10+4, Impact, Unreliable)
Armor: Full Chainmail (3 everywhere)

Relevant talents: Night-vision, Resistance to Magic, Stout-hearted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Even as Thalandril draws his pistols, the air churns once more with magic; he hops to the side as several darts of raw magical energy surge wildly through the air, sizzling with power before striking Krieger dead in the chest. He slaps his hands at the wounds, his skin scorched from the power. At his feet, Orzad steadies himself for another blow, turing his head to see Sven running to join him. From the tents steps forward a grey clad wizard, and from the tent beside him bursts an unarmored, muscular dwarf, covered in tattoos and battle scars and bearing a crazed look upon his face.

Thorm launches himself through the air, bringing his battleaxe down in a powerful, bone-shearing slice; it buries deep into Kriger's chest, and the sound of crunching bone follows the blow as the momentum of the flying dwarf sends Krieger to the ground. The slayer lands on top of him, moving quickly to begin pummeling the prone monster with his meaty fists. Kreiger's head is knocked back and forth by the blows before he swats the dwarf off of him, his groan turning to a roar of pain as he gains his feet. He yanks the axe from his chest and tosses it aside, his knees shaky. He laces his fingers together and swings in a wide arc, knocking Felix back with the hammer blow and knocking the wind from the priest.

Krieger turns on Orzad now and roars, raising both fists over his head. Sven and Thorm scramble to their dwarven brother's aid, but suddenly Krieger freezes in place as a thin shimmer of frost begins to cover his body. The temperature drops sharply and in mere moments, ice encases the monster from his feet to his neck, leaving only his head exposed. He visibly strains under the hoarfrost, gnashing his teeth and screaming in frustration as he tries to end the dwarf before him; the ice encasing his arm gains a spiderweb of cracks that quickly heal as Alina approaches the monster, her hair flowing with the magic she whirls about her.

With Krieger subdued, Thalandril instead turns his guns on the surrounding guards, firing both pistols at two different mutants, ending them with a single steel ball. Sven adjusts his charge to aid the mercs as well, bringing them down with hammer and sword as the others turn their bolts, blades, and magic on the rampaging mutants. With the aide of the group, only a small handful of the mercenaries die, and many simply fall back to rest as the fight dies down; others move through the mutants, ensuring they are dead by cutting throats and stabbing through where hearts SHOULD be.

Now, only Krieger remains, subdued within his prison of ice. His struggles slow as the cold gets to him, and before long he simply hangs his head, panting. Beneath the ice, it is obvious his wounds are slowly healing; the regeneration is mercifully slowed by Alina's magic, but given time it seems Krieger will regain his full strength once more. The slayer and the wizard approach the ice with the others, knowing this to be a good time to make their introductions; Helmut, still unarmored, comes forward with his warhammer gripped in both hands. Jan and Eisenbach, too, approach, their weapons readied, and Helmut gives Jan a cold, studying look. "You never once spoke of your magical abilities before now, Vanderpeer. You have some explaining to do."

Jan glances towards Helmut and shrugs. "That I do, Father, but do know that I am collegiately approved, and that in spite of my skills I have not used them to influence my ability as a merchant. I mean, truly, who makes for a better trader than a man who knows the true value of all things?" He gives a wry chuckle that dies off quickly at the sour looks he is getting, instead adjusting his hat. "So. What do we do with our former captain, Father?" Helmut stares at Krieger, his face troubled; this was obviously not a situation he expected to be put into.

Welcome Korhal and MaliciousOnion!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Marcus

Marcus takes advantage of the brief respite to reload his crossbow, a laborious process that's impractically difficult amidst combat. The tension and chaos is briefly overwhelming, then the hunter forces himself a chuckle. "Wizards and halfings and dwarves... oh my." He shakes his head and finishes the reloading process, racking the crossbow action with the satisfying sound of oiled steel and wood behaving as it should. The pause was useful for more reasons than one; as his practiced hands reloaded the weapon Marcus uses the opportunity to look around Krieger and find evidence of foul play. Specifically the "bloody rat" that had been mentioned before.

Using Perception to look over the body of Krieger, hoping to find evidence of a rat bite. Fate Point will be used if necessary.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Harrond

"Timo, why am I not surprised to find you caught up in this mess?" the newcomer elf asks as he approaches the group. "Surely you don't expect me to believe this one isn't your fault either." He stops in front of the ice-encased form of Krieger and appraises his horrific form. The creature was swathed in magical residue; it would be difficult but Harrond was determined to identify the source of this corruption.

Magical Sense 55 + 10 for Aetheric Attunement - 10 for difficulty = 55 to pick up the magical signature of Krieger's mutation, then compare it to people nearby. Reroll if I fail.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Thalandril

His overarching mission was to determine the validity of the claims surrounding Karl, and whether or not he was actually a vessel for divinity. However what was worrying the elf most now was the cults surrounding the boy. The Ruinous Powers were making moves now, and so they needed to be identified and destroyed.

Thalandril turned to his comrades, as well as the members of Karl's court. "We need to get moving. The longer we maintain this camp the more time that the Dark Powers have to rally against us. We should move. I say we make way for Altdorf. There are people there who can help us get to the bottom of this cult infestation." He also wanted to deliver the boy, and now Krieger to Roderick, but thought it better to not say as much.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

"We need to burn the corpses.", Orzad suggests. "All of them. I don't know what method you humans usually use of handling your dead, but if these men were mutated by Chaos, they're a risk. Even dead, they're a risk. It's not unknown for Chaos creatures to rise from the dead to continue their terror."

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Geoffray Dwarf-Friend

"Lovely of you all to sit and have a chat," Geoffray deadpans, "but at least some of us should check on Karl." Meanwhile, he draws another arrow and aims it for Krieger's exposed head. "Also, is there any reason you've all suddenly decided that this monster who killed several of Karl's guardsmen and assorted others is incapable of escaping to wreak further havoc? He's already growing stronger beneath the ice…"

Reloading and aiming. If no one gives me a satisfactory answer -- and no, "I'm sure the magic of this random Ice Witch we just met will remain stronger than the horrible mutant forever" is not satisfactory -- Krieger's going to get another arrow to the face next round. And another after that, etc., until he dies or I run out of arrows. And then I'll go get more.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Krieger continues to strain against his confines, trying to turn his head to watch Marcus who is circling him and looking him over. The hunter sees no evidence of any sort of animal bite on Krieger's skin, and doubts one would be very visible due to the diffusion caused by the thick sheets of ice. On a hunch, he checks one of the fallen mutants, and sees no evidence of a rat bite on the arms, legs, or necks of what's visible. He's not certain he wants to actively check under their loincloths or otherwise get under their armor.

Harrond, meanwhile, closes his eyes to reality and opens his internal eye, viewing the world in the swirling vortex of color known as witch sight. He can see the ropes of gold, icy white, and purple magic extending to Jan, Alina, and himself, but the tendrils of black magic swirl off into the ground and in random directions, connecting with nothing nearby. He sees a similar effect from Alina with her own aura of magic, spiking like icicles all about her as she tries to maintain her spell upon the hulking guard captain. Jan's aura is more subdued, even after he has cast a spell; it seems that either his link to the golden wind is tenuous or he is so trained that he need not give himself away when casting, a technique he knows only some of the most talented and masterful collegiate wizards can perform; he has never heard of a rogue sorcerer being capable of such acts, and he sees no tinges of darkness in Jan's aura.

At Geoffray's threat, Krieger turns his attention to the ranger, grinning cruelly. "I'd like to see you try." As he speaks, Krieger's muscles strain and with a gasping roar, one of his arms shatters free from the ice. Even as Alina tries to focus her magic to refreeze the arm, the mutated captain smashes his fist against the ice on his other shoulder, cracking it deeply. Reacting quickly, Geoffray looses a single arrow at the monster, embedding it directly in his throat. Krieger gurgles in outrage and claws at the shaft, trying to rip it free even as frost begins to form on its surface.

But Krieger does not free himself, as Helmut strolls forward, his eyes set with disgust and hatred. "I am sorry, Krieger. May the gods of man have mercy and may Morr greet you as you were at his gates." The guard captain's mouth twists as he begins to retort, but in a flash Helmut swings his hammer with an unearthly might. Krieger's head all but vanishes from the blow, and Helmut turns his head at the last second to avoid being spattered with gore; mercifully, it merely tinkles against his bare chest as it is frozen solid by Alina's spell. Wrenching his hammer free, Helmut takes a step back, his face wrenched in an expression of guilt and frustration. He sinks to his knees, placing the head of his hammer upon the ground and bowing his head against the haft, praying fervently.

Krieger and his minions are now dead. Huzzah and hooray. Feel free to search Krieger, his lackies, or the tent if you like.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Marcus

Marcus grimaces at the sight of the hammer blow, and then immediately moves to inspect the tent.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Geoffray Dwarf-Friend

Without a nod to Helmut, Geoffray heads for Karl's tent to check on the boy.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Thalandril

The Elf heads to Krieger's tent to look for any clues, but at the same time with the intent of finding the other glove. "Remember that leather glove with all the sick on it from the ritual?" he asks Marcus as they dig about the room. "I'm certain that has something to do with all of this. See if its twin is in here somewhere. If not then I'm willing to bet whoever performed that ritual has the other one, and they could be the person responsible for Krieger's sudden transformation,"

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

Sven follows Geoffray to ensure that Karl is safe.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Father Felix

"Father Helmut, I return to defend Lord Karl in case there were more like Krieger. We must sweep the camp to find any of his associates!"

Matching word to action, Felix rushes back to Karls tent in order to take up his bodyguard duties again.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Harrond

Stepping forward, Harrond inspects the body of the former Krieger.

Perception or Search @ 44.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

Orzad just looks at the bodies of Krieger and the other mutants and shakes his head. it's just a sad thing.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 21, 2014

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.
Thorm Ragnarsson

The muscular dwarf moved to retrieve his axe, placing the weapon in a sling on his back before turning towards the sizable group that had gathered to fight the mutant. The words of the priest caught his attention the most.

"If you lot believe more of these monstrosities are around, I wish to aid you in finding them, and more importantly, I want to kill as many of them as I am able. My name is Thorm Ragnarsson and I seek battle."

Thorm nods his head shallowly toward the group, and assuming there are no objections, follows behind the ones heading to Karl.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Holidays and tons of crap have slowed the game down again, sorry guys! I've had my car break down, my wife's car break down, and my cat get hospitalized TWICE with concerns of bladder cancer, so things have been rough on this end.

We'll pick back up this weekend, since I'll have all the holiday stuff and work out of the way.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's all good.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
[I]Fractured my wrist so no big posts for a little bit. Typing is poo poo right now.[/oI]

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That sucks man.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
DAY TWO: EVENING
Poring over the dead mutant's body shows nothing really of note. There are no obvious bites or marks on his body, as far as even the keen elven eyes can tell, and the man was simply torn asunder by dark magic from within. His fellows show similar signs, though many show red welts around the ankles, likely from some sort of insect bite or their shoes being ripped as they grew bulky.

Krieger's prison tent is filled with the rank odor of decay and disease, and Marcus finds his stomach turning just from the odor. He spies a lone, dead rat on the ground, a nasty chunk bit out of its gut by what had to have been a human mouth. He intelligently keeps his distance, and notices a few fleas drowning in the dead creature's congealing blood. Thalandril, meanwhile, spies an oddity in the torn tent; a single, uniform slit in the fabric, which was not made by the escape attempts of the mutating guards. Someone had cut a hole in the tent for some strange reason, but the reason currently evades him.

Meanwhile, the others returning to check on Karl find the boy bewildered and half-awake; he had almost slept through the whole thing. After a few moments, a weary Helmut arrives to shoo the boy back to bed; the man now looks his age, and seems drained by the betrayal of Krieger. He thanks those who sprung to check on the boy and sends them off, slumping into his chair and running a wet rag over his forehead. As things settle down outside, the bodies of Krieger and his men are gathered, to tossed upon a pyre come morning. A ring of guards take up around the corpses, and Thalandril is asked to assist, as elves need little sleep and have astounding vision for guard duty.

DAY THREE: MORNING
With the unpleasantness of the previous night behind them, the Crusaders of the Child prepare for their upcoming arrival at the capital of Altdorf. People parade out in their best clothing, and adorn their carts and carriages with ribbons, banners, and paper hearts and hammers. The majority are in a cheerful mood, certain that Karl will be welcomed into the city, his divinity to be immediately recognized by the Grand Theogonist, and that Karl-Franz himsef will announce him heir to the throne of the Empire and his ancestor reborn.

All but Helmutt, who in the earliest of morning hours awoke to oversee the destruction of the mutated forms of Krieger and his men. The man moves as if the weight of the world were upon his shoulders, and his eyes cast about conspiratorially, seemingly watching for all threats. Felix is approached by him before the procession makes its way, and Helmutt confides in him that, if it were possible for a man like Krieger to fall, it may be likely anyone could, and that he and his men are going to keep the tightest security possible on the boy.

But regardless, the parade moves forward, a song on everyone's lips and jubilation in the air. However, late in the afternoon, a lone man adorned in finery approaches the carriage containing Jan, Helmutt, and Karl, and declares himself a delegate from the Altdorf city council. He rides alongside the carriage at a respectable distance, offering validation of his title through the guards and awaiting Jan's meticulous inspection. When it is confirmed he is who he says to be, he boldly asks that the procession bypass Altdorf, and subtly offers a substantial bribe to instead go towards Talabheim.

The very notion outrages Jan. "Do you not know who you see before you?! It is Sigmar himself reborn! We will do no such thing. Carry on now, take your foolishness elsewhere!"

The rider yanks at the bridle of his horse and levels a stern warning at Jan and those around him. "Should that boy approach the gate, I warn you, there are standing orders to simply shoot him on sight. Do not be foolish. Consider my words." Before Helmutt can give a flustered response, the man is gone, riding off like a shot towards Altdorf, the massive walls of which loom on the horizon. You will be there very soon.

Wow, it's been a lovely couple of months. I've been running this game through a lot of poo poo, good and bad, through my mom passing, my wedding, and hilarious physical injury, and I wanna assure you guys, I don't intend to end it until everyone gives up on it, so I'ma plug along and see if we can't make more headway. You're going to reach Altdorf in a few hours in game time, and I'll update later on this week regardless of posts to keep the plot moving. If I coulda done this game without the delays, that'd have been great, but you guys have my apologies for it dragging like this!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Do we get any XP given our progress?

Sucks what you've gone through man. I'm glad we're able to keep you distracted. I'm really enjoying this game.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Really, you're about to hit a HUGE loving chunk of plot once I update for actually arriving at Altdorf, so I really shouldn't.

But honestly, you guys have stuck it out and tried not to get bored of the game, so sure, have 500 XP as a sort of late Christmas gift and thanks for sticking with me.

Hilariously the game only gives enough XP to really have you at your second career near the ACTUAL END of the book but uh. I may be a little more generous than that. It seriously gives the XP out in chunks of 5 and 10 and, if you're REALLY lucky, 15.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Petra Von Carstein

Petra is surprised by how quickly they dispatch the corrupted former soldier. Surprised, but glad. Her race is despicable, but the forces of chaos were just as much so, and much less likely to control their evil impulses. She was greatly surprised to find out a follower of Nurgle could be so, discreet, though looking at the sickness running rampant through the camp, maybe they were not as discreet as she thought.

Se chooses to remain silent; there have been many new additions to the ever growing group of adventurers, and beyond the vampire hunter, there were none she totally trusted; not that her condition is exactly secret because of her display with the other vampire the other night, but there was still a chance that the newcommers would remain ignorant until she revealed herself.

She is not surprised when the rider comes and delivers his message. Riding on her own pony, she turns to the others and says, "I have said keeping the boy with the crusade is only exposing him further. Within the past week there have been vampire attacks and a chaos cult uncovered. I do not know about Talabheim, but we should take the boy somewhere small, remote, and unassuming."

She then takes her time to fall back and talk with Marcus, "Remember when you volunteered to aid me with my dietary needs? Now is your chance to reconsider; I can keep my urges under control four roughly four days, we shall be coming upon a feeding for me soon. I will not hold it against you if you decline to let me feed, but then I need to know so I can find an alternative."

spent my 500 exp advancing Fel, WP, Wx2, and S. Would also like to use Common knowledge to see what I know about Talabheim, my int is 43.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Geoffray Dwarf-Friend

After the man's not-so-veiled threat, Geoffray considers simply placing an arrow or two in his back as he rides off. But as personally fulfilling as that might be for him, it would not likely improve the situation for the boy. Heaving a sigh, he relaxes his grip on his bow and instead steps up to talk to Helmut and Jan. "The man may be bluffing," he admits, "though from where we stand, we have no way of knowing that for certain. We need some who are willing to enter the city ahead of the rest of the Crusade in order to gauge the people's true feelings towards the boy, as well as the sentiments of those in control of the city. If they feel their power is threatened, they just might order their archers to do as our guest suggested, whether or not the common folk would approve." He looks around to his companions before concluding, "So, who will come with me?"

I'm thinking a scouting mission into the city is the perfect use of my skills. And if we find that opinion in the city towards Karl isn't to our liking, well, we can certainly do something about that too.

Purchasing Concealment, Follow Trail, Rapid Reload, +1 Attack and +5 Toughness.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Alina

"Perhaps a delegation could convince the council to change their minds. They might not believe Karl is divine now, but neither did most of the crusade before seeing him in person." She nods at Geoffray's suggestion. "I have business to conduct in the city anyway."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

"Taking the boy away from the crusade would be a mistake, and not possible at any rate. Do you think that they'll let him leave? Karl doesn't control this, anymore, if he ever did. That being said, Geoffray is right. It would be wise for a small group of us to enter Altdorf to scout the place, and find out exactly what's going on in the city. Especially because I doubt the crusade is going to listen. Altdorf is the capital, and these crusaders think that Karl is Sigmar reborn. They're not going to be denied. Either they enter the city peacefully, or through force."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Marcus

Marcus shrugs at Petra. "Offer stands, although now that I think about it I should have asked you to buy me dinner first."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Scouting 101
Splitting away from the group, Geoffray, Alina, and any others that seek to enter Altdorf ahead of the procession take their way along the road, easily outpacing the slow amble of the crusade. It takes a little less than an hour to enter the massive fields before the city, and the walls loom high against the horizon. The sigil of Sigmar, a blazing twin-tailed comet, is set in gold above the massive archway leading into the city. Geoffray covers his eyes against the sun and squints into the distance; standing in the gateway is an entire company's worth of halberdiers, and upon the wall stands countless crossbowmen, standing at the ready. He notices motion amongst the crossbowmen, and watches a glint of light come from high above; if he had to hazard a guess, someone up there was using a spyglass to check him and his allies out. As it looks, there is absolutely no way to enter through the main gate, not when they are prepared for the crusade to make its arrival.

Luckily, Geoffray knows there to be other gates into the city, and that one lies to the west; there lies the Market Gate, primarily used for merchants and those importing and exporting goods by wagon from the great capital. But even so, they would need disguises; the guards on the wall have seen the group, and others have seen them with Karl and his entourage, and with no supplies to make disguises, the small group simply waits.

Day Three: Afternoon
Not long after Geoffray and his group finish scouting the main gate, the bulk of the Crusade arrives, fanning out to fill the foods. Food carts and tents are erected, and carpenters set to work building a stage for a planned rally. Helmut, Jan, and Eisenbach gather up the group and make plans to head towards the gate, listening to Geoffray's report. Helmut seems troubled by this, but Jan remains hopeful. Karl himself, however, remains in his coach, napping; the excitement had tired the poor boy out.

Making their way to the gate, a familiar face rides out to meet them about one hundred meters from the entrance; it is the previous envoy, and he looks around to make sure Karl is not within sight before making a waving notion with his hand. Up above, the crossbowmen lower their weapons, and the halberdiers stand at ease. The envoy looks over the group and sighs. "Iam sorry, but you have wasted your time, my friends. Karl-Franz and Volkmar are terribly busy this week, and cannot entertain. If you would be so kind as to return next week, we may be able to fit you in. Until then, we cannot allow you entry." He gives a broad smile and spurs his horse, turning and heading back into the gate, ignoring the protests of Helmut and Eisenbach. After a moment of fuming, Helmut leads everyone back towards the camp; he and Eisenbach are angry and frustrated, but Jan seems the worst off, completely resigned to all that has happened. It takes him a moment to snap out of his fugue when Helmut tries speaking with him, and the merchant simply sighs and slumps his shoulders.

With little else to do at the moment, the three members of the inner circle retreat to their tents. The adventurers huddle up near a quieter part of the fair, if only so they can make sense of all that is going on and get a full update from Geoffray on alternate entrances to the city. However, as he starts to speak, Marcus hears a gruff voice saying a very familiar name. "Tobias." He looks around, and not four tents down, ignorant to the group nearby, stands Groff and one of Jan's men, behind the Butcher's cart.

"Tell Tobias the soup is ready. The Death has become the plague. When should I make the meal?" Groff is the source of the voice, and the guard ponders for a moment. "i'll ask him, and tell you with the next order." The butcher nods, and without another word enters his cart. The guard makes off quickly into the crowd, and due to distance and the crowd, it is impossible to follow him. It isn't hard to tell that he is headed towards the inner circle's tents, but it will be difficult to tell which one he enters.

After several minutes, the guard returns. "At the last rally, before we leave Altdorf. And six lamb chops, please." With a smile, Groff wraps up six chops and gives them to the guard, who once again vanishes into the crowd, away from the inner circle's tents.

Geoffray passes a Common Lore (The Empire) test vs 21 with a 2.
Marcus passes a perception test to hear the start of the PLOT HOOK conversation.

Also wholly expecting Waci to post in all caps, 72-pt bold font with 'I loving KNEW IT'

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 20, 2015

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Alina

Alina looks at the rest of the group with a complete lack of surprise on her face, straining very hard not to look smug and scream "I told you so".

loving KNEW IT AND ALSO YOU CAN'T DO HUGE TEXT IN POSTS ANYMORE I THINK

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Also, reminder, since holy poo poo it's been months since Tobias has been mentioned:

Tobias, as far as anyone is aware and informed, was the head of the Nurgle cult from Marienburg, and the one that originally attempted to kidnap Karl. You found a note from him in the Marienburg sewers about him wanting to infiltrate and corrupt the Crusade. Here's the text of the note you found:

quote:

Jurgen,

Your aid has been invaluable in these times, but as our lord does teach, all things must wither and decay, and the time of our presence in Marienburg is at an end. We have a new purpose now, to the guide the child to our Master's sweet embrace. May his name be cried out seven times and borne on the wings of the corpse flies!

I leave for Altdorf immediately with the child, and as such, the Three Moons exist no more. Remain here, do not forget your tenents, celebrate what beauty you can find and share with it the blessing of the Lord of Pestilence. When our plan is complete, and the Master embraces the boy, then we shall return at the head of a tide of glorious filth. The lords of men shall rot, and the chosen of Nurgle shall dance in the fields.

I have one last task for you to undertake. The prophet Ruben has outlived his usefulness in the eyes of the Great Corruptor. It is entrusted with you to end his life.

Glory to Nurgle! Glory to the King of Maggots!

=Tobias=

If you don't remember the note I don't loving blame you; it was back in the middle of 2013. This note was held by Ruben; the guy who was intent to kill him didn't have the heart. He was also briefly mentioned in a note held by Jurgen Baer, who was killed in Marienburg and was a member of the cult, and who was mentioned in a book held by the mutants that you guys slaughtered wholesale in their lovely little tower. The tower is, supposedly, where Karl was originally found by a witch hunter, who had wanted him killed, but instead he was hidden away.

That should catch things up. Some bloat and confusion comes up with a game this old. :v: Just ask if you need poo poo clarified!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Okay, so it's been three weeks, and there's not been a single post, and it's at a part where the players need to decide how to move forward.

I know MaliciousOnion has a newborn so there's really no reason to expect him to post, and Waci's been MIA in basically every game she's in. I'm figuring Hypno, IPVG, Korhal, Ripley, but where's that leave the rest of us?

Is there even anyone still keen for this game? I'm mostly wanting to confirm that the last disappearance killed it, since absolutely no one has posted or really reacted when I've poked them in IRC or otherwise

If not I'm going to just lock us up.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Petra Von Carstein

Petra nods at Marcus, and leads him back into the woods away from prying eyes. Once secluded, she draws her blade. "So many of my kind go into a bit of a frenzy by sucking the blood right out of a mortal directly. The uh, rush, can be very invigorating. Keep that in mind as a tip I guess, since a vampire that is feeding is at their most vulnerable, as they loose focus of what is going on around them." She then reaches up for the fledgling Vampire Hunter's hand, and give the Palm a quick slice. She instructs him to hold his hand out. She then cups her own, collecting the blood in her tiny hands, and slurping it up once it is full. She goes to a near-by puddle and washes up, before the blood sets in. "There you go, not too bad. Thank you. Typically I have to con others into feedings, and while it is something I hate doing, a vampire after the hunger has set in is something I hate more."

She walks back to the camp, and meets with the others. "Well I think it is time some of us go into the City and see what we can find," she says as she hops on her pony.

Makes sense for the most social one of us to go into the city. Nevermind she's a vampire, this is the capital of the Empire, and there are probably witch hunters in coffee shops on every corner.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Harrond

Pulling his cloak about his shoulders, Harrond says, "If someone can distract that butcher, I'll see if there is anything within that wagon of his."

Shroud of Invisibility, CN 17. Then I'll sneak into his wagon and search through his meat.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Geoffray Dwarf-Friend

Though his plan to gain entrance to the city was thwarted, Geoffray is encouraged that a more pressing matter has come to the fore…finally tracking down the Cultists. As Harrond goes off to execute his plan, Geoffray saunters up to Groff and engages the man in animated conversation. "Have you heard what those Altdorfers have demanded! They want the Boy-God to wait for a week to offer them an audience! The nerve! I think Karl should just issue a call to arms and have his Crusade overrun the place for their insolence!"

Calming down a bit, he continues, "For now, though, it looks like we might have to stay camped in the field. Fortunately, while I was out and about in the woods, I noticed some fresh tracks of a large buck, and I have it in my mind to bring it down." He gives his bow a reassuring pat to emphasize the point. "How much would you give me for a fresh deer carcass? I don't doubt you would do brisk business if you could offer venison along with your usual fare. And with some coin in my own pocket, I could perhaps find a bit of entertainment to keep myself busy." He finishes with a knowing look towards the gaggle of camp followers huddled at the periphery of the encampment. "What do you say, my good man?"

Giving Groff the option of biting on the Gossip, or Haggling on the price of the deer. I have both skills (Gossip at 49, Haggle at 39), so I can keep at this for as long as Harrond needs.

TychoBrahesNose fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 10, 2015

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

Sven ponders on the situation and his options, referencing his memoirs and stories for advice. He remembers that the witch hunter Roderick was supposed to meet them in Altdorf, and this certainly was a situation that required a witch hunter. He shares this information this information with the others, as it gives him a chance to tell the newcomers his stories concerning the witch hunter, and any stories concerning witch hunters at all.

Oh poo poo, I still have exp to spend. Taking Charm and spending the rest on Fellowship, time for Sven to be good at things again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Marcus

Marcus wraps a cloth around his hand. "Glad I could help. You fight well, and as far as I can tell we're on the same side. As for entering the city, perhaps it's time we found some reinforcement. I'm sure the Sigmarites or the Witch Hunters would be all to eager to tear down a cult, plus it means more arrows being fired and people other than us."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

Orzad stands next to Geoffray. "Aye", he says. "Twas a big deer. A mighty big deer. And fat, too, from the tracks. Looks like a lot of meat on it. Seems to me that a man who served a deer that good in camp would be very popular with his fellows. You should buy it from him.", he hints, as subtly as a dwarf can hint.

Buying Fellowship +5, Str +5, the skills Blather and Haggle , and the talent Schemer. And assisting Geoffray in Haggle with Haggle 49
pre:
Name:  Orzad Trollhammer
Player:  Epicurius
Race:  Dwarf
XP:  0/1200
Career: Charlatan

Physical Characteristics  
--------------------------
Height:  4'9"
Weight:  135
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color:  Light Brown
Distinguishing Marks: Ruddy Face 

Origins and Family 
-------------------------
Number of Siblings: 0
Star Sign: The Drummer
Birthplace: Karak Hirn

Character Profile (http://orokos.com/roll/82867) 
--------------------
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
Starting  : | 47 | 31 | 40 | 42 | 27 |  34 | 26 |  24 |
Advance   : | 10 | 10 | +5 | 10 | 10 |  15 | 15 |  25 | 
Taken     : | 10 | 10 | -- | +5 | 10 |  -- | 10 | +25 |
Current   : | 57 | 41 | 45 | 42 | 37 |  34 | 36 |  49 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP  |
Starting  : | 1  | 12 |  3 |  4 |  3 |   0 |  0 |  2  |
Advance   : | -  |  4 | -- | -- | -- |  -- | -- |  -- |
Taken     : | -  | +2 | -- | -- | -- |  -- | -- |  -- |
Current   : |    | 14 |    |    |    |     |    |     |

Trained Basic Skills:

Charm (Fel)
Haggle (Fel) 

Advanced Skills:

Blather (Fel)
Speak Language (Reikspiel) (Int)
Speak Language (Khazalid) (Int)
Trade (Smith) (Int)
Common Knowledge (Dwarves) (Int)
Animal Care
Common Knowledge (The Empire)
Perception
Evaluate
Hypnotism
Performer (Actor)
Performer (Comedian)

Talents: 
Dwarfcraft
Grudge Born Fury
Night Vision
Resistance to Magic
Stouthearted
Sturdy
Public Speaking
Very Strong

Trappings:
6 sets of Common Clothing
4 sets of best Craftsmanship Clothes
Forged Documents
4 bottles of colored water
4 bottles of colored powders
Backpack w/ Blanket
Tabard
Cutlery set
Axe
Leather Jack
Leather Skullcap
Trade Tools (Performer)
Costume

0 Gold
Career Exits: Cat Burglar, Demagogue, Outlaw, Politician, Spy
Advances:
1st Free:  Fel
2nd Free:  Ag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Petra Von Carstein

The halfling jumps off from the back of her pony. "i do suppose that dealing with the cultists here in the camp is the right thing to do. Best to clean house now before we step into another mess." Petra nods at Harrond, "Distraction is my game, good sir." Seeing the ruse started by the other two, Petra jumps on into the middle of it, putting on her best "saccharine innocent halfling routine. "Sir, did you say venison! Oh I Love venison sooooo much! Chicken can be so bland, and pork so greasy, and cow so bloody, EEEWWW!" She continues to hop around, "Venison, now that meat is flavorful and nice and lean! I would pay so much for good venison good sir, if the butcher here won't accept your offer, I might!"

Trying to start an artificial bidding war to get Groff's attention. Charm at 75, blather at 65, gossip at 75 to help/take over the diversion attempt.

• Locked thread