Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I kinda want him to accept. I mean, it'd add some nuance to the protagonists without being a cliche Sasuke Uchiha situation since it's not like all the powerplayers involved are totally clearcut "good guys" or "bad guys". While the eternally pure Naruto/Luffy shounen protagonist who always says no to this sort of deal and is one dimensional in their unwavering corruptibility is nice and all, we already have one in the form of Aladdin. It'd add an interesting conflict and dimension to things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Aladdin has chosen Alibaba as his King, theyve got to break off from Sinbad eventually. I wouldnt be surprised if this is the catalyst.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I know it's the manga thread, but the latest episode of the anime just covered Mogamett's history lesson and I thought it was really well done.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How did the anime handle the anime-original ending season 1 got?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

RatHat posted:

How did the anime handle the anime-original ending season 1 got?

It just glossed over it like it never happened.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

:siren: Chapter 211 :siren:

Well it finally happened. Sinbad is one hosed up evil bastard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh Sinbad, you're such a bad sinner.:allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bro Dad posted:

:siren: Chapter 211 :siren:

Well it finally happened. Sinbad is one hosed up evil bastard.

Oh Jesus, and I really like Kogyouku. I just thought the girl was hypnotized, but that's even more hosed up from Sin.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Am I missing something? Is there some precedent that explains what is going on here?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Sinbad used some sort of sound based mind-control power when they were sparring back in Sindria, he was about to active it after they defeated the giant, and now we're finally seeing what it actually does.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Can you imagine how awkward it would be if Sinbad continued speaking through Kougyoku through their arranged marriage?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

pandaK posted:

Can you imagine how awkward it would be if Sinbad continued speaking through Kougyoku through their arranged marriage?

Remember me, Ali? On our wedding night I talked JUST...LIKE...THIIISSSS!

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Algid posted:

Sinbad used some sort of sound based mind-control power when they were sparring back in Sindria, he was about to active it after they defeated the giant, and now we're finally seeing what it actually does.

It is interesting that there now is a rather strong example of how hosed up Sinbad is, especially in context with what other people have been saying about him or how they generally react to him.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Algid posted:

Anyone have any idea roughly around which chapter this happened? I don't even remember much of any of this. :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New chapter

I'm really liking where this is going.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Catching back up with 213 and 214.

I'm starting to that think Shinobu Ohtaka is a fan of Kentaro Miura's monster designs.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Just read this and caught up. I wonder how everyone will react to their history.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapters 215 & 216

Solomon sort of feels like Sinbad 2, though maybe that's the idea.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Chapters 215 & 216

God's Chosen Ruler 2. Maybe by revealing this Aladdin wants to broker peace between the empires (as a war will destroy the world just like Alma Torran) but that obviously won't happen. Sinbad's ego will probably swell to enormous proportions at the news and all hell will break loose.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Nate RFB posted:

Chapters 215 & 216

Honestly, he feels like a grown up Aladdin to me.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
So, I'm watching the anime for this and it's pretty good - how faithful is it to the manga? When I run out of anime will I be able to just continue onto the manga seamlessly or will I need to reread the whole thing?

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Wolpertinger posted:

So, I'm watching the anime for this and it's pretty good - how faithful is it to the manga? When I run out of anime will I be able to just continue onto the manga seamlessly or will I need to reread the whole thing?

I don't think you'll have any problems in just picking up the manga where the anime leaves off. There are one or two hiccups, and it went off track a bit at the end of the first season, but then it went back on track for the second one.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
I'm amazed at how crazy this has gotten by where the anime is - somehow it's ended up at the point where you're cheering on wizard nazis lead by Dumbledore Hitler because they're more sympathetic than the other guys, but then makes you feel bad for cheering them on because they're still wizard nazis fueled by the souls of dying children.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chapter 217

Kitty! And Sheba is Ren Gyokuen, I can feel it. Something horrible will happen to make her and the other Al-Thamen guys turn bad.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
:buddy:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
That was probably the most ominously adorable chapter of manga I've ever read :3:

So do anyone else think that something bad is going to happen her new kitty friend?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Arc continues to truck along with another chapter.

What a twist~

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I laughed out loud at the fleet of evil spiky B2 bombers. I certainly didn't expect that.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

If you liked spiky bombers you'll love whatever the gently caress happened in Chapter 219

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So Soloman can literally control the basic flow of magic through the world.

And his big evil father reminds me of Sinbad.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Solomon is going to be so disappointed when he learns gravity magic never works on bosses.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HMMM SOMETHING SEEMS AMISS...

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I don't comprehend this but it is amazing

no, wait. It's just monkey cheese.

e: Although I do appreciate the occasional troll translation so maybe it's kinda okay in the end.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Shugojin posted:

e: Although I do appreciate the occasional troll translation so maybe it's kinda okay in the end.

It may very well be correct. There was just a lot of paraphrasing involved.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Shugojin posted:

Premature joke-ulation is no laughing matter.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Chapter 221

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Was there ever a decent translation for 220? The Sugar-Honey-Iced-Tea one was garbage.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
This seems to be the non-April Fools one.

Edit:

Plutonis posted:

And Sheba is Ren Gyokuen, I can feel it.
The art seems to suggest that:
http://i.imgur.com/GPdef6E.png Sheba with her staff
http://i.imgur.com/BcDCWeq.png Gyokuen's staff

From 220:

Little baby cyclops :3:

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 7, 2014

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://reader.sensescans.com/reader/read/magi__labyrinth_of_magic/en/15/222/page/1

I have no clue what direction this is going anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I guess we know where the Finalis came from.

• Locked thread