Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Andrew Tate is so loving weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

FlamingLiberal posted:

I guess Andrew Tate was sexually trafficking all those women to make money off people who needed help coming to terms with the fact that they were gay.

Also, Tate is, what? 37?
How many kids does he have?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

FlamingLiberal posted:

"Enjoying sex with women is gay"

"Not producing many children via sex with women is gay"

So, like, the platonic ideal of a heterosexual man is having a moderate amount of sex with women, but not enjoying it? Someone should introduce this guy to King James I/VI, he fits the bill perfectly and I'm sure Tate would have no issues with him whatsoever.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Quorum posted:

"Enjoying sex with women is gay"

"Not producing many children via sex with women is gay"

So, like, the platonic ideal of a heterosexual man is having a moderate amount of sex with women, but not enjoying it? Someone should introduce this guy to King James I/VI, he fits the bill perfectly and I'm sure Tate would have no issues with him whatsoever.

Enjoying things is gay. A real man is a simmering ball of barely-contained frustration, perpetually one stubbed toe away from going full D-FENS.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

*Chris Evans pointing a gun in my face, perpetually doing the face/yell from when Capt America held Thanos's gauntlet open*

Me: "Finally, a safe space for straight men"

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
I thought it was well-established at this point that the gayest possible thing a fella can do is have a healthy, equal, romantic relationship with a woman.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Gay: Spending time with women, enjoying their company
Straight: Women are a tedious distraction to be avoided so you can spend time with your bros doing manly things like lifting weights

Bing bong so simple

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
where does being a reclusive shut in who avoids all human contact and the outside world outside of work fall?

asking for a friend

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

World Famous W posted:

where does being a reclusive shut in who avoids all human contact and the outside world outside of work fall?

asking for a friend

I think they call that depression. Or maybe that's just me.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:allears: really makes you wonder why all the chuds are rushing to defend this guy when they were condemning Griner
https://twitter.com/smalls2672/status/1783146569136496837?t=bopaqRI3sMtpc5NC_9DFHA&s=19

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

No, not in the slightest

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Posts like these always make me wonder why anyone listens to Andrew Tate, because it seems like the only thing he talks about is how unmanly and gay his own fans are.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Right Wing Media: feel-good pee pee sex

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Posts like these always make me wonder why anyone listens to Andrew Tate, because it seems like the only thing he talks about is how unmanly and gay his own fans are.

Young teens are often really stupid op.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Tate and other such figures' behavior makes a degree of sense if you view it as applying the same framework of attention-getting, abuse and dependence and insecurity induction that the various PUA/manosphere parts of the alt-right talk about applying to women.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

His audience is literal children so it works just fine to them

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/loganclarkhall/status/1783276406350184856?t=xl3yviFShZYe7F-W2jrE-w&s=19

I've heard this theory that you see these disproportionate displays of state aggression because their 'foe' has such little agency to fight back either physically or legally and so it is very low risk good right wing optics to respond in such a way.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I saw someone pointing out that this is also politically advantageous to Republicans in an election year. They can point to protests and claim that this is disorder and that they need to be elected to fix it

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Panfilo posted:

:allears: really makes you wonder why all the chuds are rushing to defend this guy when they were condemning Griner
https://twitter.com/smalls2672/status/1783146569136496837?t=bopaqRI3sMtpc5NC_9DFHA&s=19

It's like that dipshit who got banged up in Mexico for the same thing. Don't take your fuckin' guns and bullets to foreign countries!

To a point, I feel the same about Griner. You have to realize that when you go to a foreign country, you have to follow foreign laws, even if you think they're stupid and unjust. Like, take Saudi. If a Saudi citizen gets flogged for having a beer, I think it's dreadful. If an expat gets flogged for the same... well, I guess you shouldn't have travelled somewhere and broke the law. You had every option not to go there, and ignore the whole issue! You made your choice, you get to live with the consequences of your actions.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

PT6A posted:

It's like that dipshit who got banged up in Mexico for the same thing. Don't take your fuckin' guns and bullets to foreign countries!

To a point, I feel the same about Griner. You have to realize that when you go to a foreign country, you have to follow foreign laws, even if you think they're stupid and unjust. Like, take Saudi. If a Saudi citizen gets flogged for having a beer, I think it's dreadful. If an expat gets flogged for the same... well, I guess you shouldn't have travelled somewhere and broke the law. You had every option not to go there, and ignore the whole issue! You made your choice, you get to live with the consequences of your actions.

Every case is different, bringing a gun should be punished but I do think 12 years would be excessive. But Griner's case is different, she was pretty obviously targeted for political reasons. She was essentially taken hostage a week before Russia invaded Ukraine. Odds are Russia just started searching every American they could until they found something, then handed down the harshest sentence possible, this has happened before.

"Always obey every law" is not practical.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe if sports men and women were both paid equitably women wouldnt need to supplement their income with foreign gigs.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

PhazonLink posted:

maybe if sports men and women were both paid equitably women wouldnt need to supplement their income with foreign gigs.

Foreign gigs are good money.
Even Arnie gets into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s8qn_PKbiA

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

OgNar posted:

Foreign gigs are good money.
Even Arnie gets into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s8qn_PKbiA

He always had the yen for travel.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
BOOEY

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Posted before but Hannity likes to keep posting the death total from Oct 7 as a proportion to the US population, so it's like 1139 is the equivalent of 33,000 dead Americans. He does this a lot.

I ran some numbers of my own and, taking the 33,000 dead in Gaza and population numbers there of 590,481 that I was able to find, then that equals around 5%.

Five percent of the US population would be, by my numbers:

Let's round that down to 16.5 million, the vast majority of which would be civilians.

Did I do this math right? Because, applying Sean's equivalency metrics, that's beyond horrifying. I have to be loving this up somehow, right? Someone help me out here and figure out what the equivalent number of Americans would be to the casualties in GAZA. tia

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

There were 2.1mn people in Gaza prior to Oct 7, so 1.6%, so about 5.3mn Americans, at least 1.5 million children.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

FlamingLiberal posted:

In the way Steven Crowder's antics and propensity for crossdressing implies that he is a closeted queer man, Tate's opinions on sex and actions toward women imply to me that he may be a closeted asexual and/or aromatic person. What I mean by that is Tate seems to not understand that people (specifically men) would find sex pleasurable and intimacy of a relationship desirable and that lack of understand gets warped in his mind, that sex is about dominating (in his case financial exploting women) and having children and no other reasons.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

If Griner wants to earn NBA money, she should play in the NBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Just a never ending string of stupid
https://twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/1783171851818021181