Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

They are just looking for any reason not to support and be upset by the Womens National soccer team. Nobody sings along with the national anthem and it's famously difficult to sing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

OgNar posted:

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/virginia-gop-official-displays-16-foot-penis-sign-at-youth-baseball-game-to-protest-woke

Ron Hedlund, a Virginia GOP rep brought a 16 foot penis sign to a youth baseball game in Virginia that says Biden Sucks on it with Joes face on the head.
He also had a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man that said gently caress Biden.

"On social media, one user wrote that police came and made Hedlund put away his massive penis sign displayed directly across from children playing baseball at the park. However, Hedlund then reportedly displayed "gently caress Biden" signs and the police refused to come back out."

He made a video explaining why he did it calling anyone who bitched about it Karens and Darrens. :D

I had never heard about this guy until this story about the giant penis sign, but apparently he's been a local rear end in a top hat (for Richmond) for a long time. Couple years ago he was protesting a war memorial during a Veterans Day ceremony.

https://www.wric.com/news/crime/capitol-police-arrest-two-men-at-the-virginia-war-memorials-veterans-day-ceremony/.

quote:

The department said shortly after the ceremony began at 11 a.m., a man in a pickup truck drive down Second Street. He then came to an area that had been blocked off as a special parking zone, drove onto the sidewalk and around barricades, back onto a prohibited area of Second Street.

The truck was then parked in a “highly visible” spot to the ceremony’s crowd. In the bed of the pickup was a sign that said “F***k Biden.”

Heres another story about him, where he was "protesting" outside of a county managers home in Henrico, VA and had a protective order against him.

https://rvamag.com/politics/conservative-group-protests-outside-home-of-henrico-county-manager.html

I guess his antics were getting blase so he decided to get more shocking to get attention. The police won't come out for a F**k Biden sign, and I don't know about other people, but I don't even notice gently caress Biden signs anymore. There's not much more beyond violence at this point for this guy to get attention. It's kind of interesting to see this real time escalation from this guy though. Protesting Veterans Day isn't shocking enough anymore, so he switches to harassing politicians outside their homes, then he gets a protective order on him, so he starts to display genitals at kids' events for more attention.

gurragadon fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 19, 2023

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don’t disagree, but 9/11 specifically hits me as very left. I mean, I was too young to properly Remember, but I’m pretty certain Bush Jr didn’t need a conspiracy or a false flag or any attack: Dude could have just walked out onto all the news networks and radio stations and announced “we’re going to bomb some countries because my dad didn’t get to finish off Saddam” and rode to the finish line with more votes than his re-election actually got

Before 9/11 happened I doubt that Bush Jr. could have easily just started a war without any pushback. He barely "won" (is this a conspiracy?) his election with a very contentious supreme court ruling. His approval rating basically shot up because of 9/11 and then whenever something involving the war happened.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/George_W_Bush_approval_ratings_with_events.svg

Edit: Plus 9/11 ushered in all those laws that increased Presidential power that were basically rubber stamped by congress, its not that hard to see how leftists thought it was a false flag.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

selec posted:

This feels like this guy telling on himself that he hasn't seen the kind of people network news puts on the air for analysis before now. I mean, c'mon, Rick Santorum got hired. What's his problem, just that MSNBC isn't punishing his perceived enemies? They hired George Stephanopoulos and Jen Psaki, so it can't be about hiring former political flacks. This feels like he's disappointed in Pravda.

I think Rick Santorum was hired by CNN and George Stephanopoulos works for ABC, but I take your point, MSNBC has Michael Cohen on way to often. Here's a short list.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/the-ronna-mcdaniel-firestorm-is-bigger-than-nbc/ar-BB1kuXHP

quote:

Setting aside the bevy of politicos hired over the years by the Fox News channel — Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee, Karl Rove, John Kasich, Dana Perino, Ben Carson, et al. — a migration path as reliable as that of the caribou has been trod to the networks by politicians, their aides, their speechwriters, and in one case political offspring: Diane Sawyer to CBS News and then ABC News; Chris Matthews to MSNBC; Joe Scarborough to MSNBC; Tim Russert to NBC News; Susan Molinari to CBS News; Mary Matalin to CNN; Bay Buchanan to CNN; Pat Buchanan to CNN; Paul Begala to CNN; Sarah Isgur to ABC News; Van Jones to CNN; Al Sharpton to MSNBC; Bill Bradley to CBS News; Dee Dee Myers to CNBC; David Axelrod to CNN; Jennifer Granholm to CNN; David Axelrod to CNN; David Gergen to CNN; Donna Brazile to ABC News; Lawrence O’Donnell to MSNBC; Nicolle Wallace to MSNBC; Symone Sanders-Townsend to MSNBC; Jen Psaki to MSNBC; George Stephanopoulos to ABC News; Mick Mulvaney to CBS News; Corey Lewandowski to CNN; and many more, including nepo-baby Chelsea Clinton who, according to POLITICO, was paid a reported $600,000 a year by NBC News. And that’s just the shortlist.

Edit: I feel like McDaniel was just a bad hire anyway. NBC is getting pushback from some of their top on air people and I'm not exactly sure what she brings to the table at this point. She was kicked out of the RNC for not being MAGA enough and she wasn't a "never trumper" so she doesn't have that credibility either.

gurragadon fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 25, 2024