Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

snorch posted:

That's the worst part of the whole thing. There's no sense that Blitzer is doing anything to facilitate a clean discussion on the topic. I see this kind of thing all over the place, with talking heads just trying to talk over each other, and quite frankly I don't know why anyone hosting such a discussion would let that fly. Go ahead, cut the other person's mic until it's their turn. Maybe instate a talking stick. If they're gonna behave like bratty eight-year-olds, they should absolutely be treated as such.

The way news networks enable these tools by idly standing by while they dominate a discussion with bully tactics is downright disgraceful.

If they did that they'd never get another Republican on their show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/nyt_diff/status/1070495270813745152

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

nine-gear crow posted:

:barf:

Yeah, this is up there with John Ziegler openly propositioning for a 15 year old to accompany him for a day trip around rural Maryland unsupervised purely to humiliate and harass a sexual assault victim by proxy and still keeping his job at Mediaite.

Why is the right so full of gross pedophiles or incredibly pedophile-adjacent individuals? :thunk:

Because they believe women and children are their property, so they can do whatever they want to a female child.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

patonthebach posted:

Is Buffet a big money hoarder? I thought he was like Gates where they are giving over 50% over their net worth to charity.

LOL you think that still doesn't make him a hoarder

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

patonthebach posted:

Can you let me know the exact point where you turn into an rear end in a top hat for not donating enough. 1 million net worth? 10 million? 1 billion?

Honestly I'd say 10 million dollars is about the point where you have more than enough money for your entire life even accounting for your family getting rare diseases and poo poo.

A billionaire has 100 times that amount of money.

Piell fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 18, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

litany of gulps posted:

The mushroom gobbling, permanently stoned meatwad that made his money watching people eat bugs while drugged out of his gourd is a loving moron? I think that's the first thing that he says in literally every stand up special that he has.

Aside from that, it's disingenuous to claim that libertarians, with their isolationist/small government ideas, at all align with the Republican party in any meaningful sense in terms of economics. Our conservative party is not economically conservative in any way. This is the party of spiking national debts, forever wars, slashing taxes while maintaining spending. "Conservatives" in standard usage is not at all connected to economics, purely social policy. Attempting to link libertarians to Republicans using economics is absurd.

And yet libertarians almost all vote Republican.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Insy posted:

The secret to listening to Joe Rogan's podcast is the same for anything with that much content: skip most of it. Just because Joe has someone on doesn't mean they have an opinion worth listening to. I like it when he has on comedians, actors, and maligned nincompoops.

Anyway, can someone refresh me on Jordan Peterson? I've heard him a few times and besides crying about how irresponsible young people are (see: every generation), he doesn't really seem to be hammering on the right wing crazy. Maybe I haven't seen his truly egregious stuff? Even the stuff about IQ is pretty much just accepted psychology. What was the brouhaha over trans pronouns?

He's a huge misogynist and anti-trans bigot https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/961461529555210240

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Lycus posted:

What the gently caress? So his bullying isn't against the rules at all? Just the t-shirts?

They changed their mind again
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1136368611457732609

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

the media sucks but has anyone ever asked roberts why after he baselessly gutted the vra republicans went into hyperdrive with voter suppression efforts when he said they wouldn;t?

We're about to get a SCOTUS ruling that says gerrymandering to make republicans win is fine

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

That's not the case I was referring to, and they made no rulings on the merits there. My post is still entirely accurate.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Tac Dibar posted:

Anyone here have any input on the Heterodox Academy? Are they in any way tied to the Intelligent Dark Web or whatever they’re called?

Looking into it, pretty much.

quote:

The scantest analysis, then, reveals this entire operation to be a sham. They are absolutely not pushing for meaningful viewpoint diversity. They are pushing for protected status for conservative and libertarian viewpoints. They are simultaneously giving academic institutions positive ratings for being explicitly opposed to safe spaces, yet also giving institutions positive ratings for being safe spaces for conservative and libertarian viewpoints.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Sephyr posted:

I'd like to say that Ben Shapiro's whitewashing of the president's "Jewish democrats are just disloyal" comment would be something to behold.....

But we all know it's going to be some lazy weaksauce dismissal.

He tried like to do this like an hour before Trump clarified that no, he really did mean that Jewish Democrats are disloyal to Israel.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1167216699193602050

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1199135926955466753

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

Dinesh has fans in the replies telling him he needs to drop it hahah

who the gently caress is screaming log off? Dinesh will never log off
https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1292254379714674688

That's from 5 minutes ago

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

don longjohns posted:

How did he piss off the Both Sides Machine?

Joe Rogan did the slightest bit of pushback that maybe things in the past affect black people today and Ben started floundering

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Dr Christmas posted:

They’re still clutching pearls about Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion on Fox. Tucker Carlson did a segment on it last night.

They’re really angry about sex in which the woman consents.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1295883601964400641?s=20

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Larryb posted:

From what I understand this man is a grifter whose company isn't even that good at making pillows. So can someone explain to me how:

A: Someone like this is allowed anywhere near politics

and

B: Why anyone actually listens to him

But then again, if Donald Trump can be elected president I suppose anything's possible.

Because he is screaming the things that chuds want to hear

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Tree Dude posted:

Not enough bots "liking," reposting or looking at the blog posts for the fat baby to get that serotonin fix.
Yes
https://twitter.com/Eugene_Scott/status/1400114259720351751

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1425844420981628933
They're paying Greenwald, Tulsi Gabbard, and others mid-range six figures

Piell fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 12, 2021

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Twelve by Pies posted:

Jesus the hatred and contempt the right has for working class people is insane. Happened to hear Fox News when I went downstairs, Geraldo was telling a story about how he has a friend who owns a restaurant. He asked his friend "How are things?" and his friend replied "Not good, times are tough, I'm having to pay my dishwasher 16 dollars an hour."

Everyone else immediately started talking about how absurd it was that a dishwasher should be paid such a high wage, with one of them saying "Well this is what happens when Democrats are in charge, the federal government is paying people to stay at home and not work, which means that business owners are forced to pay their dishwashers 16-18 dollars an hour and that's why the economy is such a mess right now!"

Dishwasher is by far the worst job to have to do in a restaurant and in a sane world would be getting paid the most in the entire restaurant.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/nathanallebach/status/1460787296144404480?s=20

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Casimir Radon posted:

None of the Sandy Hook stuff was apparently enough to make Rogan consider that maybe he shouldn’t associate with this person? Of course not.

Rogan is just as bad as the rest of that crew

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Panfilo posted:

Also, it's telling that Nick Sandmann jumped in out of nowhere talking about wanting to collaborate with Kyle Rittenhouse. People claim he sued CNN for $250 million but I heard it was settled out of court for what was probably a trivial amount.

The chudosophere has been talking about Kyle suing everyone under the sun which sounds rather redundant. He's already going to get plenty of wingnut welfare since he can use a gofundme again. It would just be an embarrassment to make a big show of how he was publicly assaaunated by the press yet had millions of supporters and got found not guilty, only to have his cases laughed out of court.

Sandmann's lawyer threatened to sue Brian Stelter for breach of confidentiality when Stelter speculated that Sandmann only got a nuisance amount of around 25k, so it's almost certainly around there.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So. Alex Jones and Roger Stone got subpoena’d by the house. Jones says he wants to plead the fifth. Which uh, I don’t think you can do for a congressional subpoena? Not really sure.

I can tell you I’m looking forward to Knowledge Fight this week.

The answer is it depends.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1463937235271753734

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

HootTheOwl posted:

By all accounts they're good pillows.

I know a couple people who bought them (before it was as publically known Lindell was a psycho) and no they arent

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Comrayn posted:

I just walked by moms muted tv and the Fox News chyron was something about an Illinois school hosting an after school satan club and I just find out more about this fever dream. Anyone know?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_School_Satan

Piell fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 15, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Hang on, lemme look at the definition of "Independent" in this New York Times dictionary - huh, it just says "Trump voter hand-picked by Frank Luntz, who also lead their discussion". Well, if that's what the dictionary says...
https://twitter.com/patrickhealynyt/status/1484139115104935936

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
My boring guess is that it would reveal that he knew he was lying about basically everyone he's ever talked about, thus establishing actual malice against most of the planet for anyone that wants to sue him for defamation

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Dpulex posted:

So the critical drinker is just a racist right wing chud right?

I checked his Twitter feed and yes

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Dpulex posted:

So the critical drinker is just a racist right wing chud right?

https://twitter.com/lackingsaint/status/1492723783714713605

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Zeroisanumber posted:

What is the meaningful difference between an explicitly "conservative" movie and a movie like Skyfall? Or Taken? Or even John Wick?

The "sell stuff to your dad" genre is pretty well represented in Hollywood.

Same difference between "Christian music" and regular music with Christian themes - the primary concern is making it "conservative", everything else comes a distant second

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Maggie is definitely right wing media https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1509676701139283973

Piell fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 1, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Don't be ridiculous you aren't tanning your penis.

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1515131798702936070

You're tanning your testicles, which totally definitely boosts testosterone

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

moonmazed posted:

is that... white snoop dogg

That's Kid Rock

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

I AM GRANDO posted:

I want to believe.

This is 100% an attempt to get out of paying out his lawsuits by transferring his money to other shell companies (the Sandy Hook families are already suing him for doing so), he is not actually bankrupt

Piell fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 18, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/FDRLST/status/1521497306184306689

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The solution is antitrust but that ain't gonna happen

https://twitter.com/hbottemiller/status/1524379325587496965?s=20&t=iC34yH5tmad2etAHtJeloA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

BiggerBoat posted:

^^^That was it^^^

PRO CLICK BTW for anyone interested in this thread

I didn't hear the whole segment but what the half hour I did hear was compelling and filled me with rage. Thanks!

re: BABY FORMULA:

I was gonna say, there's gotta be a RWM article or TV segment explaining why all this baby formula shortage is the result of democrats wanting to starve them to ramp up the adrenochrome supply chain. Or it's because of some burdensome "safety" regulations where old fashioned american factories can't make the poo poo. Or it's because of NAFTA.

Whatever it is or why it's happening, the answer has to be "Biden and the Democrats" and probably some "democrats hate babies anyway/abortion so what do they care?" poo poo sprinkled in there so that the message is dems are causing this to increase support for abortions because "see? We can't feed them"

Soros probably has a hand in it somehow. Haven't heard him mentioned in a month or two.

Oh you didn't hear? It's Bill Gates

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1524561573020327938?s=20&t=b3tM8Ws6a4qOOVvJJ2CLyg