Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

They are from onion
:thejoke:

Unless it is I that is the fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Out of curiosity, I clicked on all the ones that surround my area. Most, if not all, are all just the various college's student club things without a single blurb to explain why they should be there.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

FuzzySkinner posted:

Does the Christian Right really want to drive us into the times of Revelations? Like the more I think of it, the more insane that truly does sound.
Why wouldn't they? They get pulled right up into heaven without having to die and also get to watch all of us horrible sinners get tormented by things like scorpion/locusts with lady faces.

EDIT: I was raised Southern Baptist and I can say from experience that most the older crowd in that church pined for the apocalypse to kick off and destroy this world. It was one of Brother *Name Withheld*'s favorite preaching. Next to hellfire and brimstone of course. God, his services were terrifying.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 16, 2015

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Good news then! You can worship and marvel at them in agony.

Revelation 9:5-6 posted:

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
After those pizza people got a near million dollars for being hateful shits I need to see this dude's life crash and burn with no hope of a online campaign to bale him out. I need it. Luckily it looks like that is happening.

Hopefully it will also lay the 'Be a bigot, open a GoFundMe' thing to rest with it.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 18, 2015

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

CommieGIR posted:

Obama is Loki?

"Did Obama have sexual relations with a horse to cheat a honest frost giant from his income? Just asking questions."

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Puntification posted:

Is Shapiro a big deal beyond this thread or is he a matt walsh-like?
Not a huge thing, but he guest segments regularly on AFR's (American Family Association's radio station) 'Nothing but Truth' program. That program runs in the prime 5-6 rush hour block (at least in CST) so I guess he gets some exposure there.

Speaking of AFR, ya'll don't mention them to much but they are probably the station I listen to the most. More so then the Rush, Sean, and the others of their ilk. Crane Durham and Bryan Fischer are probably the two radio voices I loathe the most.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Leofish posted:

We need a Truth is in the Middle emote, like :perfect: only with Stan from South Park pinching the bridge of his nose.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

kik2dagroin posted:

Hell, on the being a good Christian thing he talked poo poo about the loving Pope of the Roman Catholic Church and within minutes had lackies running to his defense.
I don't get why anyone is surprised that a bunch of right-wing evangelical protestants don't give a poo poo what the pope has to say or that someone insulted him.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
That is clearly a dragon and has nothing to do with cats or dogs.

I never been to youngcons.com before, but good god this is hilarious to me.

I think I beginning to lose my mind again and will need to stop lurking this thread.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
E:FB

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Twelve by Pies posted:

Even ignoring the 6,000 years thing, the death rate has been 100% that whole time? Really? So this guy is saying Jesus didn't rise from the dead? Because if even one person didn't die, that isn't 100%.
But Jesus (and Lazarus) did die! They just didn't stay dead. Death rate still 100%. :smug:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Prism posted:

The one you have to count is Elijah, who they claim was physically taken to heaven while still alive and will return before Jesus does in the End Times (presumably without having died in the meantime, since he's in heaven and there is no death there). :colbert:
Elijah was carried up in a chariot of fire. He burned to a crisp before he got to heaven. Still dead.

That or aliens abducted him, I don't remember anymore.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I still laugh at the fridge one because no, most poor households don't own a fridge. The property owners who they rent from do.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Babylon Astronaut posted:

How loving old do you have to be to consider a microwave a status symbol?
I'm poor and I own a microwave I got from the thrift store for ten bucks. My extravagant lifestyle is what will doom this country surely.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
That is a rude thing to do at god's funeral.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Everyday. My fragile soul wasn't meant for this world.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I too think platonic friendship between the sexes is wrong and sinful. I am the normal one here.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 30, 2017

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adams posted:

You can tell me other presidents have had better starts. But I doubt that is the case. Keep in mind that Trump started in the deepest hole of any president, ever. He’s already halfway out of the hole and establishing himself as a strong leader on international issues.
Everything Scott says is insane now a days but loving lol.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
The US as a whole is a racist misogynistic shithole, the South is just worse at it.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Better at being worse about it and worse at being better at it

Edit: wait. Think I confused myself. I blame my southern education

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

PJOmega posted:

I'll be honest, I don't know how you guys are still going through the RWM every day. Back in 2015/2016 I'd hate listen because it was interesting to hear how they would stretch the truth aor distort realty.

Now it's almost straight up lying and pointless to listen to.
I follow it because it shapes the narrative and I live in the deep south and have to mentally prep for the stupid poo poo I'll hear from coworkers and customers all day.

Now Freep on the other hand is something I just can't stomach anymore. I can only swallow so much evil and bile before getting sick.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

BiggerBoat posted:

EDIT: like every red light I pull up to or parking space I pull in seems to have the local conservative AM radio station playing from the car stereo of the guy next to me. People I know that meet at the beach or the pool all the time are always advising me to find Christ. None of this works for me.

Because I'm not loving stupid.
Meanwhile; ain' cha listening to Rush or other talk shows?

I listen to Afr the same reason all y'all listen to your particular brand. It's because we all hate ourselves.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Accidently switched to Savage on my way home from work tonight. I don't hate him the most (that would be Bryan Fischer) but goddamn do I forgot was insufferably smug and full of himself bastard the guy is.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
My boss at the restaurant I am currently bussing for keeps it on FNC. I look up long enough to see Sean saying something about Rev Wright. I could feel my goddamn blood pressure spike.

gently caress this.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
This is why you need to be involved in your local politics:

Spanish Fort student confronts board over conservative reading list and bias at school

quote:

Julia Coccaro, a high school senior in Spanish Fort, went before the Baldwin County School Board Thursday wanting answers about a complaint she filed last month alleging a "culture of bias and discrimination" existing at the school.

The complaint stemmed, in part, from a controversy in June over a summer reading list produced by an AP Government teacher that was filled with works by various conservative political heroes and right-wing firebrands.

Coccaro is scheduled to be in the AP Government class hosted by Gene Ponder, the teacher who produced the controversial summer list that included authors such as Michael Savage, Mark Levin and Ann Coulter.

Coccaro's complaint included detailed accusations about censorship of the school's yearbook related to a mentioning of a student "coming out of the closet," a driver's education teacher spending an entire class period discussing his religious beliefs, and Tyler's statement that he made in June regarding Ponder's reading list.

She also said that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender topics were prohibited from being discussed within meetings held by the Spanish Fort High School Democrats Club.

Coccaro has also alleged that Ponder's classroom instruction Power Points are filled with racially insensitive depictions of minorities and generalizations about Republicans and Democrats.

The summer reading list was pulled by Tyler in June, not because of its content, but because Ponder hadn't followed a school system procedure calling for the list to be submitted to a review committee.
The reading list:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Only two are by the cup, Mr. Weiner is the one with five.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
My uncle had his gun case broken into years and years ago. Put many a shotgun, longrifle, and a few handguns at there somewhere. Was about the only things they took too (also took aunt's jewelry case).

My dad bought a gun safe not long after that and has kept his hunting rifles and poo poo in it locked up since.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Not going to bother doing a top five but I'm going to say that Bryan Fischer is a giant piece of poo poo. Everyone involved in the American Family Association is, but good god does that guy rub me the wrong way.

I mostly deal with radical evangelicals as my hardcore righter though so a mouthpiece for them gets me more then others.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Small gas chainsaws are not hard to use, christ.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

BiggerBoat posted:

This is going to upset me, isn't it?
Just watched it. Yes, yes it will.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sweet tea is delicious and one of the few things I'll defend about the south.

The others are the weather and gulf fishing

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I was raised southern Baptist and I lay the loss of my faith as a young teen at the feet of these hypocrites, abroad and in the church.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Note: when I was a young teen they weren't yet fully cheering on concentration camps just the usual hypocrisy of turning their back to the poor, making GBS threads on LGBT people, and using church donations to expand the parking lot instead of a food bank, etc.

Not that they wouldn't have cheered back then.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Vargatron posted:

This is because membership is rapidly dwindling and church goers are finding other places to worship that aren't regressive as poo poo.
I know AFR was being very very unsatisfied in the leadership changes of the SBC these past weeks.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
So naked super soldier fights?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
https://mobile.twitter.com/BryanJFischer/status/1016489378401718272

One day later

https://mobile.twitter.com/BryanJFischer/status/1016738890319876096

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Faustian Bargain posted:

Do yourself a favor and read the comments from the daily wire article :laffo:
That was not a favor! That wasn't a favor at all!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm super drunk so I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread but I saw this on the way home from work today:

It's...a little more out there that the standard "wash me." I wonder if this was done by the driver or some rando. Didn't get a good look at the driver because I was busy avoiding being run off the road by a semi (not pictured).
Put your phone down while driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
My father was a union boilermaker most his life. Welding gives off UV radiation. My dad looks like fried meat.

When I went to a state ran job training for aluminum welding I would put on sunblock while working. When other students asked why I did and I explained about my dad and his fried meat skin only one actually decided to use it as well.

Bizarre