Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

BiggerBoat posted:

I thought Mr. Bean with different hair for a minute.

I caught a little bit of DeSantis' act and even though I'm growing more and more numb to this bullshit he managed to actually piss me off and made me want to flee the state ASAP. Saw a sweet Sr. Graphic Designer job in RI today...

Providence is a heavily underrated city. Very nice, relatively cheap, full service, close ride to big city stuff in Boston/NYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Unlike police departments, the FBI requires a bachelor's degree, and a lot of them have a master's degree.
I think a lot of their anti-FBI stuff has a subtle but direct line from their anti-college rants.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
It's weird this is blowing up so much because I'm sure Scott got feedback from all his Black friends before he went off on this rant

(He has no Black friends :thejoke:)

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

I bet some people doubt this guy's sincerity because they remember that Trump and other Republicans argued Obama was not a US citizen and therefore could not be President. But clearly, this guy is saying that successful challenges are illegitimate, while specious claims are fair.
Imagine the sense of relief this guy felt when courts tossed out the challenge's to Obama's citizenship, on that day he knew he would not be morally obligated to vote Obama, and could vote for whatever man or woman he wanted to.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

PT6A posted:

It's like that dipshit who got banged up in Mexico for the same thing. Don't take your fuckin' guns and bullets to foreign countries!

To a point, I feel the same about Griner. You have to realize that when you go to a foreign country, you have to follow foreign laws, even if you think they're stupid and unjust. Like, take Saudi. If a Saudi citizen gets flogged for having a beer, I think it's dreadful. If an expat gets flogged for the same... well, I guess you shouldn't have travelled somewhere and broke the law. You had every option not to go there, and ignore the whole issue! You made your choice, you get to live with the consequences of your actions.

Every case is different, bringing a gun should be punished but I do think 12 years would be excessive. But Griner's case is different, she was pretty obviously targeted for political reasons. She was essentially taken hostage a week before Russia invaded Ukraine. Odds are Russia just started searching every American they could until they found something, then handed down the harshest sentence possible, this has happened before.

"Always obey every law" is not practical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Mercury_Storm posted:

A decent number of them would start using radium based virility enhancements Right Now if trump said it was a good idea.

If you take a little radiation at a time, you eventually become immune to cancer. Radium is particularly good because it gives your skin that natural glow