Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Paul MaudDib posted:

Because Fox is a propaganda arm of the Republican party that people take seriously as news for some reason. It should be taken less seriously than Russia Today.

Bill O'Reilly pretty much admitted this and even talked about it during his "debate" with Jon Stewart. "Fair and Balanced" means "we are the conservative network, other networks are free to cover the liberal stuff if they want"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Volkerball posted:

She literally calls them teabaggers on air.

That was what they were calling themselves. Literally. You can't possibly think that this is anywhere in the same league as suggesting that Obama is a communist Kenyan usurper who stole the election

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Volkerball posted:

I remember when OWS was a big deal, one of the big arguments against it was that the U.S. income disparity wasn't a big deal when you compared it to Africa, therefore, it was fine.

Your example is really nothing like that at all. The Tea Party activists were calling themselves teabaggers long before Maddow did it, and it makes no sense for you to suggest that this is indicative of some sort of equivalency between MSNBC and Fox News. This was the colloquial term that they were using to describe themselves.

:siren: LOOK OUT, A LIBERAL PLANT :siren:

OH GOD ANOTHER ONE

e: Oh but I guess this makes Maddow as terrible as Beck because anything that can even be slightly construed as mean to the other side must be equivalent to the worst-case from the other side

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 24, 2012

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Why do people hate sweet tea ITT? :confused: I mean, sure, it's no Dr. Pepper, but it's still pretty tasty. Just don't drink straight Mcdonalds or Bojangles tea without diluting it.

Dr Pepper is almost as bad

Protip if your beverage needs a cup of sugar in order to be palatable then it's garbage, go back and try again until you can make something that doesn't need overpowering levels of sweetness. These same sentiments apply to overly hoppy beers; masking a lovely drink doesn't make it good

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I like how they're basically selling bags of sugar + some artificial fruit flavoring and right on the front they say that it needs even more sugar before it becomes palatable

also lol one of them says NATURAL FLAVOR WITH OTHER NATURAL FLAVOR

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

some of my conservative friends are blowing up on Facebook over this new planned parenthood "SELLING BABY PARTS" thing, why is this news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Red line in Syria

IIRC they said if you like your PLAN you can keep it, not doctor. And either way yeah, it counts as a lie.

Yeah, but it bugs me when people say he didn't lie or his administration was scandal free. Both are totally untrue and just empower conservatives defending Trump: you're wrong about that, ergo you're wrong about this too', etc

Most of that "scandal" was manufactured, e. g. terrorist fist jab, death panels, birtherism, etc. It's accurate to ignore that stuff