Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

zero alpha posted:

rightwing blowhards in between commercials for scam products.

I read an article, maybe it was on here, on how most of these products were driven by peoples fears, like having your identity theft stolen or life-alert, which ties into how most right wingers are people who are scared of the world around them, and they love to hate because they are afraid.

You hear lots nutritional supplement ads, which are very easy into scaring people into buying. As well as gold and seed advertisements which cater to the end of the world is coming crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

LaserShark posted:

I've gotten into the habit of watching the highlight videos on msnbc.com lately. I hadn't seen Morning Joe before and... my god, I thought I was watching Fox for a few moments there. So many smug hard-right bastards. What's up with that, if MSNBC is supposed to be such a polar opposite to Fox?

Really?
Maybe they just fool the progressives they are liberal during the evening hours when people get off work and try to keep the ratings higher during the slow hours by catering to conservative households.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The latest Tarantino movie Man with the Iron Fists blowed in my opinion but I remember seeing this thread and wondering if the 'friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family' drudge image refers to the scene where the black smith is being beaten by the plantation white men? . Would a conservative have scoffed at that scene. It's funny I can almost predict exactly what they would think about that scene. 'That was 150 years ago! Who cares! Things are different now! How come the liberal media doesn't show todays racism with the black man kicking the white man when hes down!!'. Blacks are the real racists of today, hating whitey for something he didn't do!'

A young son of a conservative I'd meet in class would quietly tell me racism works both ways as if that justifies anything that happens to black people today because of injustices created by the conservative mindset.

Kneel Before Zog fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 14, 2012