Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GoatSeeGuy posted:

It's not fat shaming to say there may be a few data points she leaving out of her argument.

Except your whole point of posting that picture was to make sure we realised this conservative woman is FAAAAT. No-one of worth cares. Her hateful personality is more than enough to judge her by. There is so much to dislike about conservative women without going into tangential misogyny / figure attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Then make fun of the opinions and weird superiority-visage she exerts and not the physical appearance that plenty of people with low self-esteem already have despite being the kind of person you post with all the time and enjoy talking to? Remember when you mock her appearance you're also hurting all the people who are the same size as her, plenty of which are the same minorities you're hating on this women for ignoring due to her arrogance.

beatlegs posted:

Also she's not caucasian, long blonde hair, slim w/ firm perky tits - the ideal female constantly served up by conservative media to it's captive male audience.
:suicide:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GoatSeeGuy posted:

I'd almost buy this if I thought these was at least a minuscule chance she's ever run across and image like this

and called someone out on it.

Also lol at the idea that looks aren't an inherent part of dating.

Ah, the classic 'she hasn't been ideologically perfect therefore I don't have to be' - AKA the 'my defence is that someone else sucks.'

You're better than this. You can think she's a piece of poo poo, you can think she's unattractive, but posting the photo you did, which was entirely focusing on her weight, is lovely. You don't have to be attracted to fat people or chubby people or even 'filled-out' or 'meat-on-their-bones' people, but if you're claiming to not be the very dittohead who's the subject of this thread, you should at least try your hand at not judging people on their appearance at the slightest provocation. Chris Christie is fat, no-one good cares. This woman is fat, no-one good cares. Leave your judgements to your internal thought processes or get your arse into YLLS and make Shine proud.

Spaceman Future! posted:

Oh come on, conservative in everything but portion size is the low hanging fruit that only the strongest of us can resist. If this was a conversation about ideology physical comments would be inappropriate but when it comes to someone complaining about dating.. well yeah physical features factor in to those decisions.

Well yes, but face it, you weren't interested in dating her in the first place. You're only bringing up her appearance in terms of making GBS threads on someone. That's irrelevant to her terrible opinions.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Because she's a right-wing rear end in a top hat who doesn't even realise her own privileges in the current system. Frankly the idea of being interested in such a person is alien to me, but you're here, in this thread, acting like that despite those dealbreakers, the literal one reason she's undateable is due to her being over the average waistband.

Are you going to pretend to me that you're dying to date Ann Coulter or S. E. Cupp or any of these right-wing peeps?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Thump! posted:

Jesus Christ you loving goons are the reason people think what they think about leftists.

Well being fair the people who tortured him were also leftists, so...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Can we be 100% sure that McCain wasn't in fact tortured at the hands of the Homosexual Agenda? Stay tuned on Fox to find out more...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I seem to remember seeing him testify in the Senate against the defence of the torture by American hands?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well from what I've seen most people in here have been going "wow that's hosed up, I hope it sinks him" and then being shown Facebook screencaps of people supporting Trump's statement. Interspersed with the military-version of ACAB getting the desired outcry.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Being fair I bet if Trump had been a pilot in Vietnam he'd have crashed twice as many planes and lied about who he was to get out of the POW camp early, later finds out his lie caused seven other POWs to be executed but felt no remorse.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oncouth. Bad spelling, bad opinions. Funny how those two so often pair up.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Murdoch losing control of any of his bullshit factories is delicious. Especially the bit in one of his papers about it being possible to be too right wing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smg77 posted:

At what point do the real powers within the GOP start panicking?

I believe it was around November 2008 and continued shrilly since.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

To me it's been a lot of fun watching Boehner act like his name sounds like a racist term for a Mexican and not 'boner' like the spelling suggests to German-speaking students.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

There's no need to mock his weight!!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He's probably given a pass because of it being part of a comedy routine - because his comedy often relies on hyperbole and sarcasm he can get plausible deniability of meaning it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

And why hasn't Hillary Clinton publicly attacked Something Awful, the internet comedy forum? She's scared we'll beat her in the presidential election that's why.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I dunno Voldemort seems to be a Republican's hero: massive supremacist who tortured and killed all those of inferior blood.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A fact? On Fox? This sets a disturbing precedent.

Or was it Shep Smith? I swear he's the only person in that building worth saving if the building ever catches fire.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Don't read the politoons thread. If you think that's as bad as it gets you should avoid that politoons thread.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The politoons thread if where you go if you think "I like observing /pol/, but I wish they had more pictures."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Like that link earlier showed, the right-wing media works better when the right-wing does poorly electorally, because then they're the underdog. As always we could quote Umberto Eco's ur-fascism here.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FMguru posted:

My favorite Fiorina factoid is that HP's stock shot up like 11% the day she was fired, meaning that the company was worth something like $7 billion more the moment she left it. The company was exactly the same as it was the day before, it's just the name in the "CEO" slot changed. The free market determined that her worth as a person was literally negative seven billion dollars.

(All numbers approximate, going from very bad memory, would appreciate if someone has the real numbers)

Factoid means 'something that looks like a fact, but isn't' for the record. But you're close - their stock jumped by just under $3 billion.

And the news articles make no secret of it being because she left and no other reason.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I there was a burning building I'd drag Rush Limbaugh into it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Thread title could do with an update anyway IMO.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah Trump is a huge poo poo head but I don't think he cares about GG, I think he responds to people supporting him.

Pretty much, the joke used to be that gators thought that retweeting an empty platitude constituted supporting their movement. It's worrying if intelligent people start repeating that take on it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Have to say, naming yourself after something cute and cuddly to detract from the fact that you are a human poo poo golem may take take off given these Honey Badgers and the Hugo's Sad Puppies.

Being fair the honey badger is one of the most vicious motherfuckers on the planet if it feels threatened. I believe that was what they were referring to when they came up with their name.

But you're right, it's just a way of not admitting they're just plain Rape Defenders.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

Probably because they believe it reinforces their views as superior because children can articulate them. You know "So simple, a child can understand it" and things like that.

Groucho: "Why this plan is so simple a five year old child could understand it!"

[turns to aide]

Groucho: (stage whispering) "Go and find me a five year old child, I can't make head or tail of this."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

:ironicat: Seriously, do they not look at their own forum?

They believe we post it there as a false flag operation.

No seriously that's what they actually believe.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

None of them are willing to ask "are we the baddies?" :allears:

Actually that came up. Their 'official' image documenting the 'good guys' vs. the 'bad guys' had Hitler on their side.

And when someone went "hey wait why the gently caress is Hitler on our side?" they got bombarded with "BECAUSE HE WAS RIGHT YOU loving IDIOT" comments.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

wat

You can't just post that and not have links to this poo poo.

Here is the only one I could find to hand.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Someone made a word filter that changed "social justice warrior" and "SJW" to skeleton.

So that above sentence would look like:

Tesseraction posted:

Someone made a word filter that changed "skeleton" and "skeleton" to skeleton.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

LJ Crabs vs. Jack Thompson

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

Normally that is a perfectly sound and wise course of action to take. That said, Dangan Ronpa was actually several cuts above the rest. It's got a strong premise, good characters and a striking visual aesthetic. Definitely worth a look.

same, but about bible black

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Some Christian review site had pages about some anime and the review for Bible Black noted that "it wasn't about Bibles at all!"

I like to imagine that was their only criticism of it. 9/10!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah quite a few British bands have gotten annoyed when our polticians use their songs. They don't kick up much of a fuss though, because like all British they're milquetoast cowards.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Duke Igthorn posted:

See conspicuous consumption is at least useful, the problem is that most of "the rich" don't actually spend their money: they hoard it or put it into cycles that do nothing but gain more money.

Pretty much, this is why 'trickle-down economics' is bullshit because these loving dragons just collect piles of gold to sit on but never use. It's the reason why Marx said capitalism, despite being fantastic in his yes, is unsustainable because eventually enough bastards scoop up so much the economy tanks completely.

People like those boat buyers are merely prolonging the inevitable. :ussr:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pander posted:

What a terrible coincidence.

Quite. One has to wonder why these black people destroy the things white people have so generously given them. Oh well. Case closed.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Smoothrich posted:

Would you like to hear my take on #GamerGate next? I don't think this thread could handle too much Truth from one poster

I would like to hear your take on #GamerGate, personally. Do you think that, while the symptoms are different, the root cause behind the lack of ethics in journalism is the same reason the mainstream media are so biased against sensible candidates like Dr. Ben Carson?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Since smoothrich is probably typing up some troll post about GamerGate as we speak can I request, in advance, that everything related to the upcoming horrible discussion posted after I post this request be punished with the pillory?

Include your own post and we have a deal. :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

Jesus, just autoban anyone who quotes a Smoothrich post. This great thread is going to poo poo. I got excited to see 110 hot new replies waiting for my click!

The mods clearly believe he is a benefit to the conversations on this forum, why do you feel the need to be Stalin?