Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

finally, fetterman and fox news have common ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

OgNar posted:

I cant tell if this is supposed to be a joke or not

https://twitter.com/hodgetwins/status/1595869579338600448

Really loving how he's reading his lines off of a teleprompter. Couldn't even but that much effort in.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I AM GRANDO posted:

It’s basically a fetish.

Right Wing Media: It’s basically a fetish.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it's based to be cringe

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

God drat Jonah Hill looks incredible these days. Good for him.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

oliveoil posted:

This site has always been a den of model citizens, I have no idea what you're talking about.

i agree, someone who thinks goons are anything less than fantastic would have to have a sense of taste that's truly something awful

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

nine-gear crow posted:

What is it with all of these young right wing assholes and being failed creative types?

they turned on the world when the success that they felt they were entitled to was not delivered to them

also right wing fuckheads have always been low-key furious that they're not "cool kids" which causes them to obsess over really weird poo poo in an attempt to prove that they're cool in some way (see: ted cruz's obsession with basketball)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

much like the southern strategy, "woke" is a carefully constructed jenga tower of dogwhistles that boils down to "anything that isn't hard conservative and/or white"

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Discendo Vox posted:

What is that on the table

is that a dollar print gorilla

And gold, yes.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

conservatives are ultimately just cowards because they're so afraid of change that they're willing to do violence to avoid it

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I AM GRANDO posted:

They're fundamentally different from everyone else. I don't know how or why, but their thought process is utterly alien to me. They like being angry all the time and actively seek out things that they know will make them angry. It's more than propaganda, although the propaganda definitely doesn't help.

99% of the time they're untested doughboys who have never experienced true hardship in their cushy lives, so they're desperate for something to fight to prove themselves and overcome their feelings of impotence. they'll try to fight anything that they think they'll win against - a person, a movement, an ideology. you want a great example? check out this dude:

https://twitter.com/AuntColony/status/1709688781547159749

decent clothes, cute girlfriend, nice night, fun bar. there have been times in my life where i'd killed to have that instead of having to wallow in poverty and responsibility and mental illness. this guy, though? he's got it all, and he goes and picks a fight with someone smaller than him in an attempt to feel tough. he gets his rear end kicked, gets even madder that he lost, goes in for round two, gets beat again and literally dragged into the street.

he didn't have to do that. even if round one wasn't his fault, he could've left with his girl. lose a fight on a night out with your honey? walk it off and go home, you've still got someone who cares about you at the end of the night. that's a huge win, especially in today's atomized society built on isolation and hostility towards community. but not this fella. his ego is so god drat fragile that he's gotta have a win, no matter the cost. he's desperate for it. nothing else matters but the win, so he tries again and loses even worse. he'll keep picking fights until he wins one, even if it's just beating someone he's supposed to care for. they're bullies. that's all these fuckers are, and all they've ever been. they don't want competition, they want victory, so they'll pursue that rush of having power over someone else at all costs, even if - and in some cases, especially if - it means self-destruction, because if they're not winners, what are they?

curing it means teaching them that they don't have to prove anything, that life is meant for living and enjoying and finding happiness in yourself or others. unfortunately, their impotence is so overwhelming that they often literally cannot fathom such an idea.

Kith fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Oct 7, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The average proudboy type or whatever is not the average voter

to be clear i was talking about the average "own the libs" type. i grew up in the florida bible belt, i'm very familiar with the working class people who are conservative because they just want to be left alone

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BiggerBoat posted:

Is the smug, punchable, douche bag face a cause or an effect? A symptom or a byproduct? A feature or a bug?

I wrote a post about Matt Gaetz's appearance once upon a time:

Kith posted:

It's because of how he presents himself. He constantly does the Slimy Politician Smile that's all teeth and no warmth, he deliberately wears a "Power Hairstyle" straight off of the Sleazy Businessman character from Futurama, and he frequently tries to dress in "Power Blue" suits that are associated with "trying to look professional" - usually for a misleading reason, aka Used Car Salesman. If you take those away from him, he looks like a relatively normal person:

But the instant you add them back in, he transforms into a sleazebag who'd sell you out in a heartbeat:

Amusingly, it was even in response to you asking effectively the same question!

But it's almost certainly an effect, because it's all about attitude, mindset, and personal presentation. These people deliberately cultivate this kind of aesthetic because they're so utterly terrified of being "the lesser" that they adapt the mannerisms and dress of their "betters" so nobody would ever dare to assume that they could be picked on because they're too busy representing success and power with their very appearance.

Unfortunately for them, it's often quite easy to tell if someone is faking that kind of thing, so in the end they just look like dork-rear end losers that are trying too hard.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hbomberguy stirs, knowing he has been called once again to a terrible task but not yet knowing why

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Hunt11 posted:

Also upped the size of her breasts by the looks of it.

either that or switched out her top for one that pushes more cleavage

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

big mean giraffe posted:

What a great accomplishment, he should have done it decades ago

if only we had been so lucky

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PhazonLink posted:

this may be true but he's still participating in capitalism / long video meta. also im like 9999% convinced most of video essays could be transcribed word for word and be sub 20 min reads.

video essays are for putting on in the background when you're doing something else. a text-only read demands your full attention and is less flexible in that regard

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it's called a russian technique because the russian government perfected it during the cold war and tend to do it the most effectively in the modern age. stringed potatoes are hardly tied to any ethnicity and yet they are known as french fries

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I've met some colossally stupid motherfuckers in my time and they were able to land military employment. And I do mean colossally stupid - difficulty following basic orders due to lack of understanding, constant and costly fuckups, only barely able to function in a barracks because their bunkmates were always on their rear end steering them in the correct direction, the whole nine yards.

And yet somehow, these guys not only got in, but some are STILL in.

I cannot possibly imagine how badly you have to score to not even manage to get in, but also to be told that you can never try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

she woke on my DEI until i critical race theory