Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasse
Jan 16, 2010

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

I'm really getting tired of the "GEN X IS TOTALLY RIGHT WING DUDERS" line. Go read the Pew Research Center's report on generational trends again -- each generation is, generally speaking, more liberal than the previous. President Obama isn't a long-haired dirty leftist, but he ain't Alex P. Keaton by a long shot.

Nirvana? Rage Against the Machine? Big deal -- Reagan tarted the hell out of Bruce Springsteen too. Conservatives love to pretend to align themselves with yesterday's revolutions.

I'm at the tale end of generation X (82). And while I am personally on the conservative side of things, I find among my age group that I've always been the oddball there. Most people in the age group are more liberal. Now, maybe the begining of Gen X is different, but at least the end of it - I think not.

Of course, the joke is that as you get older (and have more money) you end up becoming more conservative...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU