Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’ll celebrate

He’s an awful person who probably hosed kids in Asia and has helped to destroy political discourse in this country

For real... Rush may be more responsible than any other single person for the direction things have taken over t last thirty years. He’s worked very hard on it for a long, long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Remember when Colin Kaepernick and a few other athletes were trying to call attention to this poo poo in a peaceful way and RWM dog piled on them for being assholes who hate America? Seems rather quaint in retrospect.

White people were burning Kap and Malcolm Jenkins jerseys for protesting peacefully. CHUDS hung a Mayor in effigy for the right to get a haircut, spread disease and eat at Golden Corral then stormed government buildings openly brandishing assault rifles with, oddly, no tear gas canisters being launched at them.

I'm hearing a lot of coverage about THUGS, tut tutting over looters and a lot of pearl clutching but for the first time in my life I honestly understand it all. Look where the simple act of kneeling during an anthem that doesn't need to be played got anyone.

Why do we have to play the national anthem at a sporting event?

Could not loving agree more, with everything you said. It is unfortunate that sometimes what it takes to force radical change is fire and blood, but then again, the chuds have brought all this on themselves.

I know racism has been a fatal flaw in this country since the beginning, but Trump literally ran on a platform of hate and division, supported by tea partiers who were butthurt over the fact that we had a black president for eight years.

The GOP Senators and Congressmen hitched their wagon to the Trump Train knowing full well what he was. I make no distinction between the ones who didn't like his rhetoric but went along for the ride, and total chud ghouls like MitchMason McConnell-Verger. They are all going to be held to account.

The loving militarized police force we see all the time on the news dressed like Starship Troopers, that have large numbers of white supremacists in it, that's going to change too. I don't know how or when, but it is going to be loving changed.

Politicians having their minds loving blown that marginalized groups getting murdered by police for generations, people in general finding it impossible to afford healthcare and basic standards of life, while they grift and pass tax cuts for the 1% and corporations, makes people extremely angry.

I've posted on SA a couple of times recently that the mindset "It can't happen HERE" is the wrong one for the power elite to hold. It absolutely can happen here, and it has, over the last few days.

gently caress chuds and their state-sponsored propaganda outlets.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Speaking of the cunts at FOX, I've been reading Sarah Kendzior's book and came across this passage. I just had to come and post it in this thread:

Sarah Kendzior posted:

In 1987, the FCC repealed the Fairness Doctrine, a 1949 policy that had required broadcast networks to present controversial issues of public importance in a manner that was—in the FCC’s view—fair and balanced. Republicans successfully argued that the Fairness Doctrine was an attack on journalistic freedom, and both Reagan and Bush thwarted efforts by Congress to keep the doctrine intact. This repeal happened as 24-hour cable news arrived, and foreign behemoths, like Rupert Murdoch’s Fox, landed in the United States. Fox TV was formed in 1986, one year before the Fairness Doctrine was repealed, and Fox News launched a decade later in 1996. According to New Yorker journalist Jane Mayer, Fox News founder Roger Ailes created the network to ensure Watergate-style accountability would not happen again to a president he supported.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

greazeball posted:

They were the opening act on Saturday though?

Yeah, Trump will still trot them out there because black faces, but they are totally persona non grata at Fox.

Think about that-- even Fox news said, "Holy poo poo, these people are just too far out there! No more."

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm in a convenience store, masked up and distancing, and in front of me I see a white, ugly, overweight sunburned couple with no shoes on, no masks on, the guy has one of those camouflage baseball hats on wit h the bill creased extra hard and a fish hook on it, U.S. flag swim trunks and they're picking up two cases of Natural Light, 2 of those huge 48 oz fountain drinks, carrying 3 scratch off tickets while pushing up close to the back of the line with no attempt at keeping distance from anyone.

Where should I place my bet?

I grew up in Oklahoma, spent several years living in Texas and Louisiana and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this post or anything it implies

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LMFAO at the idea of “shaming” anyone to the “brink of extinction”

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, your mileage may vary, but I grew up in northeast Oklahoma as a kid in the 70s and I knew some tomboys that were simply just girls that liked to do boy stuff.

Things like handle snakes and worms and frogs, and some of them could hit a baseball pretty good.

Some great tree climbers too. And nobody thought anything was weird about any of this, because we were all kids.

Some of them may have grown up to be lesbians, I don’t know. Probably some did grow up to be bigots, which wouldn’t be surprising due to the political makeup of the state.

I doubt all of them did.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Ambitious Spider posted:

They are totally just going to funnel all the money to donald and not fund any campaigns this year, claim they lost all the elections because they were stolen and nobody will care.

Good. Let them.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Right-Wing Media Blames Bridge Collapse on ‘Open Border’ and COVID Lockdowns

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/wing-media-blames-bridge-collapse-181128335.html

It is WAY past time for these Fox/Newsmax people to literally gently caress their own faces.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Why worry about wrecking rental cars when the world is going to end today :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Not that it makes any difference at all, but I’m curious to know which of the seer Alex Jones’ prophesies Tucker was talking about there.

Was it the deep state plot to turn all frogs gay, was it the PigMan, or what?