Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
In St. Louis we have to deal with a real up and coming name in the art of indignantly reading the drudgereport for 3 hours, Dana Loesch. There is not a single talking point she won't regurgitate and yell about for the entire show. Luckily her radio station runs ads or 'news' for about 60% of their airtime, so if you ever accidentally tune it to 97.1, chances are you won't actually hear her. She got an "in" into national conservative stardom by being a huge Andrew Breitbart sycophant. On the day he died, she was in tears on the radio, and it was the greatest thing I've ever experienced.

One of the things she likes to complain about is lazy people, because she has time to homeschool her children while working THREE JOBS! (those jobs are the radio show, running a blog, and being a right-wing parrot on CNN, for a total of maybe 20 hours a week?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TheGreyGhost posted:

Nope Ann Coulter III is Michelle Malkin. Coulter IV perhaps?

Pretty sure that's Dana

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Or perhaps not. http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/01/kudos-to-cnn-for-dana-loeschs-mysterious-three/191051 CNN seems to have shelved her.

She's a Breitbartian publicity hound talk radio host from St. Louis. Coulterish sure, but doesn't seem to have the same staying power.

I've heard rumors that she's about to get a national show. Maybe it's just that I live in St. Louis, but I'm hearing her name everywhere on right-wing websites. Probably because she blogs for most of them.

Also she had a huge crush on Breitbart (and followed him around like a puppy: (http://www.mediaite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/bbmmfa.jpg) and was nearly in tears on her radio show the day he died. It was loving glorious.

She's not a parody like Coulter, she seems to legitimately run on pure hatred.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
They had David Horowitz do Howard Zinn's obituary in the interest of "fairness".

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

lil mortimer posted:

Just listened to Glenn Beck for 25 minutes this morning. According to him, our media is controlled by Arabs because some story he tried to run on CNN had to clear the "Middle Eastern" desk before it could go to air. Also, CNN showed Anderson Cooper in Gaza and all he talked about how brutal Israel is being to the Palestinians. I never knew our country/media only showed Palestine in a flattering light. I guess I don't watch TV correctly.

Worst show ever.

It didn't help that Cooper almost got bombed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X22QHxrwp_E

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This is, without any irony or hyperbole, what conservatives think happened at Benghazi:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Tonk posted:

Grover Norquist is on Diane Rehm this morning, if you need a break from Limbaugh and Hannity. Should be interesting.

edit

I haven't listend to Norquist talk for more than a few minutes before, he's completely insufferable. And I guess Rehm can't find a Republican to call in, she usually gets at least one or two. Are these the last days of Norquist's stranglehold on the Congress?

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2012-12-03/anti-tax-crusader-grover-norquist
(comments are entertaining as well)

Quite frankly I find Diane Rehm's voice more annoying than Mark Levin's. At least he can finish a sentence in a reasonable amount of time.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Phone posted:

I, too, find people with spasmodic dysphonia incredibly annoying.

Pacing in an interview is everything. Even if it's something she's not physically capable of, it still makes her a bad interviewer.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Lets not forget Mike Huckabee is directly responsible for the deaths of four cops.

In the exact same way Michael Dukakis is responsible for Willy Horton

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Not really related to right-wing media except as far as the mindset that they bore into peoples' heads is prevalent on every level of thought, but I was reading a message board for Borderlands 2 earlier and somebody was complaining about how the game had clear liberal bias by having a male character that mentions his past male lovers in some dialogues.

I like how he latches on to one single ECHO recording in the entire game, while ignoring Moxxi's omnipresent bisexuality. It's OK for girls to be gay, as long as they're hot.

It's similiar to Mass Effect, femshep could gently caress another girl since ME1, and you didn't hear a peep until male shep could nail a guy in ME3.

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 26, 2012

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I learned today that missouris house majority leader has a part time gig filling in on the fox news radio morning show when the main guy is on vacation. Fair and balanced!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

Even if we were to grant the Swift Boat idiots their bullshit argument about Kerry faking injury for a Purple Heart, how do they explain his Bronze and Silver Star? A Silver Star is just a couple of steps down the food chain from a Medal of Honor, and it's not something that you can fake. Kerry was a genuine war-hero, and the bastards dragged his name through the mud.

For the silver star, Kerry beached his boat to chase down a kid with an RPG before they could fire on the boats. For the bronze star, he pulled a guy from the water while under fire.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I had a facebook friend rant about "low-information voters". I pointed out the irony of using a dittohead catchphrase to lampoon the other side as "low-information". His response was essentially "no u".

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

BiggerBoat posted:

Any more it seems like Yahoo! is a right wing website. Maybe it's always been like this, but these people will politicize any news story at all. I was reading about the NYC ferry crash today and wondered if they could manage to make it political somehow.

All from the first page. Isn't Yahoo! Just a generic, sort of neutral and rather dated news page? I never really knew it was like this, but I never really read the comments either, so I dunno.

It's Drudge's favorite place to link to, for starters.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This is what will happen to every "keep your powder dry!" coward if they ever actually go through with their threats: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=239af7443a

And it will be amazing.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spacedad posted:

Oh for fucks sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8fkDQBlxE

Fox News guy claiming 'lie of the century' as 'true.' Bright.

Chrysler is moving all jeep production to China != Chrysler will be producing some jeeps in China to meet the growing demand there

Why is this so hard to get?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Tonk posted:

Marching orders are in.

edit

Drudge is just making me want to watch the cspan archive, it sounds awesome. Gonna have to make time for it tomorrow.

Rand Paul decided to grandstand a bit, saying he'd have fired Clinton, and that this was the "biggest tragedy since 9/11" :rolleyes:

Not to trivialize it, but seriously, it was 4 people.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly don't think Michael Savage believes what he says. Folks like Rush, Levin, Hannity, sure. But not Savage.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Aatrek posted:

A new Fox BIAS ALERT (click for the story):

This man CLAIMS to be a Christian, but doesn't explicitly hate vulnerable groups of people!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

sleepingbuddha posted:

I was listening to Rush today, just a little bit before I had to turn it off, but it sounded as if he were blaming the Chris Dorner murder rampage on Django Unchained. Has anyone heard any other pundits making this comparison?

He did his usual spiel of "someone said something silly on a single show that no one watches = the entire media is exactly like this"

In this case, it was someone comparing Chris Dorner to Django.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Minorities posted:

Was that the guy whose finishing move was literally called the Magic Carpet Ride or was that another guy?

I believe you're thinking of The Great Khali, a loving gargantuan Indian wrestler.

e: nope, I'm wrong.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The local St. Louis morning-shift right-wing propaganda minister went on a 5 minute rant this morning against Peter Turkson for claiming a link between homosexuality and the priest sex abuse scandal. It was really rather :unsmith:. Then he qualified it by saying teachers unions cover up just as much sex abuse.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

One of the oddities of hard-right talk radio hosts and their listeners is that they're positively convinced that Michelle Obama is a fat, ugly woman rather than an athletic, attractive woman.

She's just shy of 50 years old and a mother of two kids. Regular exercise and a sensible diet do amazing things.

They try to shoehorn her into the "fat loud black woman" stereotype for their racist fans.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hey check out the comments section of this little diddy on the 1 year anniversary of Trayvon Martin's murder: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/02/26/one-year-anniversary-of-trayvon-martin-death/

Racism in the US isn't a big deal anymore.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It seems the sequestration marching orders are: A) it's not bad and B) anything bad that happens that Obama blames on it is due to Obama intentionally causing problems to "scare" people.

At least that's what I'm gathering from Rush and Dana today. Sequestration is forcing the DHS to release some non-violent undocumented migrants with ankle bracelets. Obama doesn't have to do this due to sequestration, he's only doing it to scare you into thinking it's a big deal.

It's sad that such a retarded conspiracy theory is going to be eaten up by half of the US.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Interweb posted:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-chris-wallace-grills-paul-ryan-on-his-desire-to-repeal-obamacare-thats-not-gonna-happen/

These people are such clowns. On the plus side, we haven't heard Paul Ryan talk for a while, so there's that.

So, I'm not too well versed on the whole "block grant" concept; I guess the argument is, send us a check with no strings attached and we can make a program that fits the needs of our state? But the counterargument is, you do that and conservative states are going to take that money, defund medicaid, and use it to subsidize tax cuts?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Interweb posted:

Sounds about right.

I understand the right wing argument on why the states (at least conservative ones) would like that, but how does block granting save the federal government money?

Because you give them less and tell them to make due, and if it doesn't work, it's their fault.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Christmas posted:

Way are you talking about? MSNBC is all liberal, while Fox has tons of opposing viewpoints, like Colmes and... hold on, it'll come to me...

They like to beat around Juan Williams. Unless they're talking about Arabs, then he joins in on the hate parade.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mr. mephistopheles posted:

According to Rush today he coined the phrase "low-information voter" and Obama is the first politician to ever be able to get votes from being who don't care about politics and don't know anything about how it all works.

And the best ads, that only get played late at night, are the ones for the new agey dietary supplement that REAGAN had delivered to the White House by the crate full.

The most hilarious thing about "low-information voter" is when people on your facebook feed parrot it. They don't seem to understand the irony of calling other people low-information, while getting the entirety of their opinions spoon-fed to them from an opiate addict.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

totalnewbie posted:

Haha duck penises.

IIRC, ducks' (or maybe only certain species of ducks) mating ritual basically consists of "chase chase chase RAPE".

Certain species of ducks are very pro-rape. To combat this, female ducks evolved vaginas that are basically mazes, with dead ends n poo poo. To counter-counter evolve this, male ducks now have body-length corkscrew penises. However, the female can relax her vagina and offer direct access to males she approves of. Rape, while common with ducks, doesn't account for very many fertilization.

Still, it'd be useful to know their reproductive habits so we have a better idea on how to preserve endangered species, and the cost that they're bitching about it 0.1 cents per person.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ThirdPartyView posted:

Wasn't there a petition to deport Piers Morgan because of his argument with Alex Jones that the White House pretty much "Uh, first amendment protects him - thanks"?

The best thing about that whole Piers Morgan situation is that his ratings were atrocious and he was days from getting fired, and then he figured out how to milk right-wing morons.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when Bush made a speech at a mosque immediately after 9/11, asking us not to start witch-hunts? I can't imagine the horror we'd see if someone did that today.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jackofarcades posted:

Ben Shapiro of Breitbart News seems like such low hanging fruit

That smug bastard angers me more than the "professional" trolls out there.... his voice sounds exactly like you'd expect from his photo.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So, GOP non-person Chris Christie wants to build a dune to prevent another Sandy from causing 30 billion dollars in damage to his state. People with shore property don't want their first floor view of the ocean obstructed, so they're doing everything they can to oppose it. Anyway, Christie is saying gently caress you, we'll save money by doing this. This makes him a big government RINO.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I was watching the testimony, and this Hicks stooge was saying something along the lines of "well sure air support in a residential area is a bad idea, but we could have scared them away with a close flyby!"

Does he think they were dealing with Tusken Raiders?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Azuth0667 posted:

What the gently caress, who did this :psyduck:?

For his advocacy of DDT use, if I recall correctly. He is ardenly against the (non-existant) global DDT ban and thinks we can solve malaria by using DDT in all jungle areas (it's already used everywhere it can be, but mosquitoes have evolved to resist it now)

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So this morning I was listening to my local conservative (Jaime Allman) on the radio this morning, and mid-rant he called Obama a "grant imperial wizard"... now, he wasn't trying to make some sort of "liberals are the real racists" point, so I'm pretty sure he's just too stupid to know what a grand or imperial wizard is. I was actually pretty dumbstruck that someone would said that.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

There's already 13 bids on it, hope whoever listed that is ready to print up a legit copy :D

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Carolla, aka the half of the Man-Show that never moved on.

I think he was the one that never knew the show was a parody of people as dumb as him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FMguru posted:

No. he armed Tehran (by selling them missiles) and the contras (by taking the cash from the sale and buying them weapons).

He also skimmed off a percentage from the sale and used it to build add-ons to his house. A true patriot!

Also, only went the Iran funding route when people said it was a bad idea to turn a bind eye to Noriega's drug running because the drug profits of the crack epidemic were being funneled to the contras.