Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Well Matt, prove them wrong! Stand outside in the middle of a hurricane and measure the wind. You can prove the winds are a lie!

Protip: if you get a straw through your skull, that's just god's way of telling you how dumb you are for standing in a hurricane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

i am the bird posted:

My dad moved to Texas a couple of years ago and the right wing media worm finally ate his brain. He sent me rolls of silver in case the economy collapses and America descends into apocalypse and I need to 'barter' my way south.

Also, where does one sell silver? I'm going to donate the money to SPLC or RAINN or somebody. This is bumming me out.
Is it silver dollars/coins or pieces of silver?

Coins you can usually sell at a coin shop, otherwise try to find a place that will give you scrap value for the silver.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Ceiling fan posted:

Take them to a gun show and sell them to some other crazy. That's the only way you will get close to what your dad paid. Look up one of those websites to find out what their prices are.
Judging by a quick look at E-Bay, looks like people are paying 15-20 bucks a coin:
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/walking-liberty-silver-dollar

So yeah, go ahead and check if they're real silver; if they are real then by all means go sell the coins to idiots at a gun show for $20 bucks a pop and donate the money to RAINN.

Idiot money spends just as well as regular money, RAINN will be happy to take it.:v: