Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

:byodood: I love your show
:smug: You are a great American
:byodood: You are a greater American
:smug: We are both great Americans, and I'll send you a copy of my book, Why Obama is Literally The Devil

This is one type of caller, which is always obnoxious, but there's also the risk that spouting unhinged craziness will make the literal crazies call in, and those can be amusing. I was listening to Andy Dean on the way home from work, who appears to be some up-and-coming Hannity type, and he had to constantly tell his callers not to say that Obama is like Hitler or Stalin, because apparently they "lose sponsors" from that kind of talk. The smaller shows don't seem to have as tight call screening, so even more of the conspiracy theorists get on the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

800peepee51doodoo posted:

If it was all the victims fault then it can't happen to meeeeeeeeeee

This is exactly it and I hate it so much. I can deal with a lot of the right wing bullshit, but this kind of stuff really drives me nuts.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Vertical Lime posted:

Our good friend Eric Bolling thinks the firing of Rutgers' basketball coach, who used gay slurs and violence towards his players, thinks it's part of the "wussification" of America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdZtKVWic_Y

Because, you know, using violence at your players is manly

Rusty Humphries was saying the same thing yesterday. We're now in a society where we can't do anything that women don't approve of, apparently. His coaches threw basketballs at his head when he was in middle school, and look how great he is!

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I heard a decent amount about the Cliven Bundy story this past week on the mid-tier radio shows, and it was interesting that the hosts generally weren't really supportive of him (although the callers definitely were). Laura Ingraham actually had him on to present his case, and he sounded exactly like a sovereign citizen nut-job. Roger Hedgecock was also pretty down on him. I wonder if they'll change their tune now that the feds stood down.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

BiggerBoat posted:

You know what's weird? It just struck me. I've heard gently caress all from right wing media about the bonuses that were paid to (often lovely) IRS employees, some of whom had tax problems of their own. When the news broke, I figured that poo poo would get beaten to death and even braced myself for it. What's going on with that I wonder? Seemed to be a story right in FOX News' wheelhouse.

My local conservative morning program tried to hype it up the first day the story broke, but yeah, it really didn't generate as much outrage as I was expecting. I think they're just tacking it on to more IRS OPPRESSION of PATRIOTS, or whatever.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Wash your loving sheets Kilmeade, goddamn.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Twelve by Pies posted:

Jesus Christ.

This is all incredibly insane, but how does he not get the concept that people will claim whatever name they're given. People happily slapped "deplorable" on their twitter handles, but if we call terrorists "losers" they will crumble before us? Weapons-grade indeed.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
On the way to work this morning I was listening to Chris Plante, who is obnoxiously smug and terrible even by the usual standard of conservative radio hosts. He did a long bit on how you should never ask a man what his favorite brand of peanut butter is, because all the major brands apparently sound effeminate or gay or something. He kept saying "Jif" as if we could all see the hilarity. He sucks, fragile masculinity sucks, just let the kids go camping and maybe they'll grow up and not have to police the peanut butter brands they eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Rip Testes posted:

Does anyone listen to Chris Plante in the mornings? I get a small dose each during each morning commute and for me he's the absolute worst I've ever experienced.

Yeah, my local conservative talk station picked him up and he is by far the worst as well. I've listened to lots of different programs/hosts over the years, and he is the most self-satisfied while saying nothing of value that I've ever heard. He has a ton of snarky "clever" phrases and he loves to explain how Democrats are the party of slavery. Ugh, he's terrible.