Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Shave it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Spun Dog posted:

:siren:RUMORS!:siren:

Apparently Meet The Press is looking to get rid of David Gregory (again) http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/23/david-gregory-dead-head-talking.html Supposedly they want Dead Intern Joe and Mika to step up.

I say just give the spot to McCain, he's already got all of his poo poo moved in.

Proving that NBC is missing the point of why David Gregory is so bad.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Newsmax's ratings are down 50 percent since January.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

So they're admitting they just wanted to lock Hillary up for being their political opposition then?

Not that they'll ever suffer a consequence for admitting it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I don't really mind Tucker's voice itself, but his cadence drives me bonkers. It's like he's doing an impression of a frustrated teacher explaining a concept to his students for the fifth time, but he hasn't quite nailed it yet.

Talktalktalk pause pause question(upward candence)? Fastfastfast, sloooooow, question.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I mean it's all grievance politics at its core. The "Safe" suburbs being invaded by the feral urban horde, ruining the whiteopia they created. Dissent will not be tolerated.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Space Fish posted:

I've noticed that Frankl's "Man's Search For Meaning" gets recommended/cited by right-wing personalities fairly often, and I would love to hear greater analysis from them than either recounting the premise or "he learned to survive a living hell, so inspirational" takes. Frankl in the book delves into how some people acted more heroic when possible, while others became more cowardly/villainous. And others simply scraped along.

Gutfeld using the book to fire back on a point comparing the Holocaust and American slavery seems well past the point of intellectual dishonesty and into ghoulishness.

I read that when I was in therapy and the point of the book is that people even in the worst of times find ways to survive and keep themselves motivated, usually by holding on to the idea that things will get better or holding on to find family. The book is about the paradoxes we face in the worst of time, like how time goes quickly but feels like a slog. I read deeper into the history of the book and some interpreted the book as something along the lines of the of the Jews are to blame for what happened to them and that they were complicit in their own genocide. Which, again, is not the point of his book.

In fact, I remember there is a part of the book where the Jews come back to their homes in Germany and other parts of Eastern Europe, trying to tell people the horrors of what they faced and apparently more than a few people said, well we suffered too. Which to me perfectly encapsulates the conservative mindset, take a tragedy claim you were the ones actually harmed by the thing you caused. And my guess is that no one on staff read the book, just that Frankl said, well make yourself available to your betters when things are bad and you get to learn things and be considered useful.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Panfilo posted:

It would certainly make a good thread. I hadn't thought about the idea that West Germans would pull the same gimmick. The part that really pinged this is the narrative that "the enemy captured our soldiers, and didn't return all of them, some of them could still be alive! Which is hosed up on a number of levels - it gives families false hopes, makes war criminals seem sympathetic, and whitewashes the whole conflict.

A ReHistory thread where we talk about historic revisionism like the Lost Cause or West Germans.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

OneEightHundred posted:

My guess would be that feminism and anti-feminist backlash became more of a more prominent part of political alignment in the mid-2010's, especially in a way that got amplified by the type of people that young boys would pay attention to, and has continued through today.

There are a lot of events in the chain but I think the starting point was Steubenville.

Keep in mind too that they're fundamentally high school teenagers still at that age and so identity-driven social conflict (maybe there's an actual word/term for it, idk) is a much bigger part of their life than it would be for adults.

Also, all facebook reels and ig reels are geared towards 18 to 35 year old saying its society's fault they aren't getting laid.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

OneEightHundred posted:

Benefit who?

Benefit American conservatives? It won't, maybe a few of them will get to go there and get pampered in exchange for being useful idiots for Russian propaganda aims.

Benefit Russia? It's almost certainly bullshit and they're just saying they'll do it, but whether they do it or not, the purpose is to further ingratiate themselves with American conservatives so that they become more receptive to other lines of Russian propaganda.

I am sure Trump would funnel money to Russian contractors somehow like he does in NYC.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

bird food bathtub posted:

Tomorrow when they're on a different talking point the definition of whiteness will be expanded to include italians irish catholics whoever is politically expedient and the two thoughts will never collide.

The Spanish speaking population is now going to be folded into whiteness.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Armitage posted:

Alice Cooper joining up with Paul Stanley and Dee Snider as glam rockers that have gone TERF. Although with Cooper having a history of being a Republican, this is probably not a surprise compared to the other two.

I thought Dee Snider recanted after he realized how much he didn't know?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

farewell, sweet prince. they won't be raising taxes on the non-existent business you own where you're going :911:

Fake business, fake plumber but hey need to push an agenda so the media didn't need to check.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Kind of, but I would say the modern version of conservative/liberal is more post-Civil Rights Act since until that happened you had lots of racist Dixiecrats who agreed with the economic positions of the Democrats but not the social ones.

Also, we added a third (and fourth?) type of community with suburbs which mixed things up too.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Notable pedophile Matt Walsh has apparently graduated from not understanding what a woman is to not understanding what a Disney movie is.

So, they are just copying After Hours?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

The Islamic Shock posted:

Him defending Gaston makes a lot of sense. Dude basically killed the Beast for looking scary but at the same time everyone in that movie is just the worst and these assholes love nothing more than to say my team's horrible poo poo is okay if the other team also does horrible poo poo.

I mean again, it's literally a plagiarized video I assume.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Kith posted:

hbomberguy stirs, knowing he has been called once again to a terrible task but not yet knowing why

I feel bad for hbomberguy since I am not polluting my timeline with checking but looking but yah, it looks like its the same argument without the irony.

Mooseontheloose fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 1, 2024

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

tacodaemon posted:

I wonder what specifically Billie Eilish and Ariana Grande did

Billie Eillish is from California and is very different in her music than the others. Therefore, satanist.

Ariana Grande is and Italian and I think is a democrat but also talks about sex despite her Nickelodeon star upbringings. So again, Satanist.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Panfilo posted:

I do wonder why liberals don't do this either. Certainly stunts like this have an impact on conservatives.
https://twitter.com/IDoTheThinking/status/1755785375451378028?t=aFEPzP6UPdEi9PpwFEdkNg&s=19

There are a lot of reasons that liberals (and I would say leftists too) don't do this:

1. The left space is much more fractured in ideology. Conservatives are not.
2. Grievance culture of right means if we went to say, the opioid ridden rural Ohio, the media would rail on this as being Democrats trying to make fun of everyday Americans.
3. The Daily Show does this in a way at MAGA events and say look at the stupid people and it never really moves the needle on anything.
4. Mean spiritedness doesn't drive people to the polls.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

The maga chuds are now isolationist when it suits them and will happily throw everyone else under the bus.

Isolationist in the sense that they just want America to bomb people they disagree with hell to anyone who disagrees with them.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Neito posted:

4chan was also convinced she was one of them for reasons i can't even begin to understand or articulate.

1. Blonde and Pretty
2. Successful
3. Started as a country music act
4. Stayed out of politics for a long time (to probably not piss anyone off to maximize profit)

But then she said, LGBTQ+ community is great and also get vaccinated and I am going to get people to register to vote. They couldn't handle it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Congrats to rush for 3 years sober!
Here's to another three

Hell, he might be sober forever.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

bird food bathtub posted:

I'd love to hear how something like this played out in, like, ancient Sumerian society or something. "God drat kids these days and their SEVEN STRINGED lyres. It's gonna be orgies and the fall of society you mark my words."

Gormack figuring out how to keep the beat must of been knee deep in cavewomen.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Panfilo posted:

This reminds me a lot of the Chaya Raichik interview in that these Karens sound so much dumber in real life when confronted about their ideology.
https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1764448437427142892?t=wQrhA4DyfZZYfrOVQA02kw&s=19

Scott Pelfrey looks like he wants call them dumb assholes but can't.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

PT6A posted:

Archie was the butt of the jokes most of the time, but even so he was written as a deeply flawed but still human character. Edith's Crisis of Faith was, by today's standards, perhaps a slightly insensitive treatment of trans identity and trans issues, but holy gently caress, it aired on network TV over Christmas and near enough two decades later people were still okay with Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Besides which, the fundamental conceit of that argument is that modern audiences would not be okay with raw portrayal of Unacceptable Things, and of course that argument is utter nonsense because films keep being made that portray those things. Quentin Tarantino made Django Unchained in 2012, and got an Oscar for best original screenplay. I think proper art can be made using slurs and deal with heinous subjects and you won't have it held against you!

They also don't understand that Archie wasn't really getting ahead of anyone so all his blustering about conservativism and how things are being ruined are in the backdrop of him also not being successful following those ideals. And Archie, while flawed, still was a caring person.

Unlike an Eric Cartman who they said wanted to be Archie Bunker. But Cartman gets to live in relative luxury and is framed as the one who tells the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

I think we learned from COVID that 1 million dead Americans is child's play and an embarrassing low ball to them.

Whose to say that COVID killed them, you see the death certificates actually say pneumonia which means it wasn't COVID. Liberal media would have you believe...