Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I'm still stunned that I've never heard again about the guy who sent bombs to piles of senators or the guy who tried to derail a train or loving anything that should matter in regard to the insane radicalization among these crazies we have seen recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

FlamingLiberal posted:

The FBI still doesn't know who left those pipe bombs in D.C. on 1/6

Actually worse than that, I was talking about the other one who was mailing them!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_2018_United_States_mail_bombing_attempts

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
When I was in high school post columbine we had no active shooter drills at all and this includes after we had a friend of mines parent track his kid down at a track meet and shoot his kid and himself in front of a pile of kids. Even after that it was everyone just coming together and sadly acknowledging that I guess this happens now.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I so hate that the majority of my friends are hardcore "conservatives" with the full Republican credentials. Past that at least I've known them long enough that they actually listen to reason. They lapse back into their usual shittery the second they can speak unburdened by logic but they at least will acknowledge a solid point and work with it. They will still vote Trump or whoever because they love their team but they can at least understand that helping people who are in a terrible situation at least creates another tax paying working citizen who wouldn't otherwise be "taking advantage of my tax money". It only lasts so long but it lasts long enough to at least change their votes for the state if sadly not the country. I hold with trying to be the voice of reason and you can logical trap a lot of idiots into saying what they actually want and it's rarely what the Republicans want to give. The hard part is keeping them aware of that.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I think he said a couple slurs in an interview or something back in the day. I remember one of my friends swearing off Modern Family after that but I never tracked it down.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Ha, I love that line of argument, you think some BOY could help you with a car instead of a MAN. Yes, at this point they are the same age you were when you first started coming up with this line of argument, they're more likely to be up to date on any weird computer poo poo that might be thrown into the car you barely look at as you curse out some random person for waiting for an old couple to cross the street.

Edit: Ha even thinking about it I generally hope I don't get some TOXIC MASCULINE DUDE stopping to comment on everything I'm doing when I'm changing my tire or whatever, I know my car and I live here, unless I'm flagging you down don't come yell at me.

TGG fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 24, 2023

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Where is all the love for Hamms!?

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
As a former butcher the number of times people have asked me for chicken beef ribs is astronomical.

Also people asking if we have gluten free ground beef. We did.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I love Something Awful, it's the best loving community, our Right Wing politics thread took a huge derail into X-Men talk and I admit to loving every second of it. I did not know about this whole Krakoa thing and it does seem to match up passably well with what I believe fascist elements in our country seem to want. A ruling class forcing people to step into line with their beliefs, hideous poo poo that should not happen but step by step radical elements force it into place.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Honestly I find it funny that out of all the crazy right-wing family I have, the only one of the right-wing media talking heads I ever hear talked about with any actual affection is Bill O'Reilly and he's loving GONE. I even think that their like of that sack of poo poo is because he has some decent historical books out and is a decent writer. I hate the gently caress but I have been so happy to see the ultra-rich super yuppie side of my family just completely pivot into anger at the republican party and a complete desire to avoid any news or any politician. I'll take them being ignorant over them screaming at family dinners. They just really miss Reagan/HW/W at this point.

TGG fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 18, 2023

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
One thing I know for sure is that the Republican party has never been in favor of censorship or tyranny. Everyone knows madness is subjective and making sure people cannot see anything that goes against your views is the opposite of censorship!

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
That is one of the most insane things I have ever even seen. I always loved Spacey as an actor but holy poo poo that dude is dog poo poo. Isn't Tucker supposed to be utterly opposed to child predators or is he just cool with that now?

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Ha, I can buy the idea that the only gay person Tucker would talk with comfortably is a rapist in a Republican pantomime.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Professor Beetus posted:

You are probably aware of this but people like Tucker and many conservatives are not actually opposed to child predators. In fact they are big fans of grooming and pedophilia, which is why it's so loving hard to pass laws against child marriage in southern states. What they are opposed to is gay and trans people existing but since it's harder to say that without pissing people off, they had to loudly and proudly push the message that every LGBTQ+ person is a pedo who wants to groom and/or trans yer kids. They literally oppose things that make kids safer and more capable of keeping safe from abusers, because they want to be able to abuse their own kids and treat them as property.

Oh yeah I know the brutal hideous poo poo these monsters will spew, I know and work with piles of them. I have several co-workers who were forced into arranged marriages and as much as the people they support hate them for being "foreign", they love the idea of sexual slavery and are determined to vote Republican. It is sickening and it is always done under the aegis of "we know what is best". The Republicans really seem to have weaponized the "father(and only father) knows best"

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I cannot tell you how much this thread title made my gals dad laugh when it came about, it's just perfect.

Also gently caress them, you rock BiggerBoat, thanks for helping to make the thread fun.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I worked long enough at a butcher shop to know that most people have no idea what the gently caress gluten is and do not seem to even care. Yes, all of our pork is gluten free. Yes all of our chicken is gluten free. Yes we only have gluten free steaks behind the counter. Again, there is no gluten in that swordfish.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

As a parent of a person with celiac disease, we actually have to avoid some butchers because of cross contamination due to seasoning, use of flour, or shared prep spaces with contaminated ingredients.

It's not about the meat, it's about what you are using in your prep area and the other items that may be prepared there.

A piece of gluten the size of a speck of dust is enough to cause a rather severe reaction for her so we have to ask seemingly stupid questions like this. It's not because we think meat has gluten in it.

Granted there's way better ways to ask then " is this meat gluten free" because that's not really what they should be asking if they have a gluten allergy.

Gluten fad dieters can gently caress off however as they have made an ecosystem that isn't even friendly to the people that medically need to avoid gluten

Sorry rant over

Oh poo poo, I should have specified, I too have a family member who has celiac, it is a nightmare and I always made sure to inquire and we ran a tight shop when it came to contamination. You are right that the fad is a nightmare and bless you for caring.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
The BBR was a protest at a vote counting office at some office at a Dade county spot with a bunch of people wearing Brooks Brothers clothing so the name stuck. It just all got conflated with the bullshit Supreme Court "oh no we could never possibly have a recount so a republican has to win" bullshit.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Ah, nothing like teaching math in schools, it always works. 15% of schools perform worse in math, if we funnel the money from those schools into the schools that perform math better, math gets better!

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

The Islamic Shock posted:

Physical appearance-wise I look like an excellent conservative and since I'm actually a Christian as well that's led to me hearing some interesting (racist) things

I was raised catholic from a very Irish catholic family and I look like Mark Zuckerberg so I have been hearing a very complicated hodgepodge of different things from various people. I keep my views and personal identity to myself at work and I have a public facing job at a bar. I have had people tell me unprompted how sad they are about what has happened to my people and I have been called a "loving murderous [insert slur with a k here]". No person seems to have any idea how to respond to anything anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Holy poo poo I just had a realization, possibly just based on myself being baked on a Saturday. I see Kevin Faulconer all the time, that dude is one of my neighbors. I know that guy and he is a sack of poo poo. He is poo poo. I would run into him throughout the years, we never really remembered each other, a story or two, nice dog nice dog, he treated people and dogs poorly and sang like poo poo at the church and never picked up poo poo. He then became Mayor, we never talked for more than like 15 seconds after that though I still saw him, BLM protests happened outside his and technically our entire neighborhoods house, he still didn't remember me. October 7th happens, he's checking the house after all his poo poo with his wife, suddenly he says "Oh hey, hows it going! How's the family? You've been here how long?" and just starts going into a thing. I cut him off and said Kevin I'm busy which is kind of fun in retrospect but I never thought it might have been some kind of maybe he thinks I'm Jewish thing. God I hate that guy.