Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

astrollinthepork posted:

I listen to 89.7 WOSU, an NPR affiliate here in Ohio. I had to travel up to Toledo for work a few weeks back, and at some point, 89.7 becomes American Family Radio. Going from NPR to AFR was pretty shocking. They had some bullshit southern sounding guy on begging for money because "we don't have big corporate backers", the gently caress you don't. The show consisted of the guy talking about how your cash helps AFR defend you from "big gay." That is seriously what he said. They played back some calls from people saying that they're so happy they found AFR and because of their listening they feel informed. Now that they're informed they can talk to people about it. The only thin I pictured was facebook rants.

:hfive: What's up, fellow WOSU listener? I have also come across the instance of jumping from NPR to AFR whilst en route to visit friends that live up in Northwest Ohio. I've noticed the effect of scanning for radio stations in different markets while I drive only to truly grasp the flood of conservative radio out there. I obviously have my car set for the standard-fare stations when I'm home, but gently caress me if I ever need to look for something listenable. The drive from Columbus to Cleveland is more tolerable only in that I can sit on the same sports radio station until I get into Cleveland's market.

I used to live out in the conservative stronghold of Colorado Springs, and the NPR affiliate KRCC was a grain of sand to the overwhelming tidal wave that is conservative radio. There were times where I think KRCC held some fairly conservative concepts/ideas on their shows just to pull in listeners from the area. The difference of content between WOSU and KRCC seems to be night and day.

Also, God help anyone that needs to commute through the wasteland that is Kansas, Oklahoma, or Kentucky. The only radio options there were Jesus, Big XII footbaw (Texas Tech/K State circle jerks at the times I went through), or something equally detrimental to your sanity.

I don't have the wherewithal to listen to the conservative stations for any longer than 5 minutes. I've tried for multiple times to listen to Rush, Savage, or Hannity or whomever when they've been on, but I can only change the station in disgust. More power to all of you, I suppose, but seriously gently caress those opportunistic conservative shills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've seen that going around and my favorite part is that some people are saying he did it to distract from the remarks he was making. As opposed to the obvious easier plan there of not having a press conference where you make them.

My favorite bit about this being staged is that people claim to have seen this woman before in other stock and cock speeches from Obama, just with different clothing and hairstyles. I couldn't agree any more, because I keep seeing this grey-haired toothy bastard who calls himself "Joe" hanging around the president way too much for my liking. WHO IS THE REAL JOE, MR. PRESIDENT, AND WHY DOES HE ALWAYS APPEAR AT YOUR FUNCTIONS?