Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Keep in mind that these people broadcast their messages over the radio using the public airwaves. These are a common resource, and in order for radio stations to get licensed by the FCC they are required by law to use them for the "public interest, convenience and necessity". I really wish the FCC would enforce their own principles on this, rather than just stand idly by while a bunch of extremists take over a resource that is supposed to be used for the public good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Doesn't our supposedly left-wing media deserve some share of the blame for not fighting the Fox News bandwagon? I mean, who's the leftest person on national TV right now? Maddow? Olberman? As far as I can tell they're both capitalists.

Depends on what you mean by "national TV". If you're talking about mainstream cable channels, it would probably be Maddow or possibly Stewart. However, if you're talking about networks that are generally available but not mainstream, I'd pick Thom Hartmann. His show airs on RT, which is available to anyone with a satellite dish and in some large markets on cable.