Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

McGlockenshire posted:

Hannity is a true believer,

It's interesting to get a peek behind the curtain. Sam Seder tells an anecdote where he and Garofalo meet Larry Elder (right-wing radio guy) at a social event and Elder wants to be buddies because they are "off the field." As if it's all a game.

I'm not sure which is worse: true believers in bullshit, or purveyors of bullshit for money.

duodenum fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Takoluka posted:

Suddenly white people care about cultural appropriation.

:iceburn:

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

People hated hilary fuckin' clinton and there's not a bigger contributing factor for her loss.

Exactly. I still constantly hear all these things that probably had some little effect here or there, but Hillary being so widely loathed (rightly or wrongly) on both sides of the aisle is the only reason it was close enough for noise effects to throw the election.

Conservatives will crawl naked over broken glass uphill through three feet of snow to vote against Hillary, and seeing Hillary, Liberals will sigh and shake their heads and maybe vote if the line isn't too long.

If Obama's charisma didn't overcome her superdelates in '08, we probably would have had a nail biter against McCain in the general.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I hope that several of these last-generation right wing grifter types would feel dejected enough to come out and detail specifically the funding schemes and pay-for-platform stuff that seems obvious about the whole ecosystem.

With as much as they project about everything, and then claim "Soros funds Antifa," there's got to be plenty of conservative money flowing into Kirk, Rubin, Molyneux, Shapiro, Wohl, and such.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

...and the tiny strike zone is hell on pitchers.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

America came out of both World Wars relatively unscathed as well. While most of Europe had gotten completely burned down America basically Kramered in in the middle of things with shiny new toys when everybody else was tired and covered in mud. Then we got to have cool war adventures in other peoples' houses and came home to a relatively pristine America. And then we got a post-war economic boom when everybody else was rebuilding as we had standing factories while they didn't.

but mah exceptionalism

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

paternity suitor posted:

He speaks real fast and with confidence, which sounds like intelligence if you're not really paying attention

and the way he looks at you through his eyebrows is SUPER intimidating.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I guess someone forgot to tell our governor, because she just declared the state open for business. It’s a bad and stupid idea.

That’s galaxy brain 5D chess, because any spike in COVID cases from “re-opening” can be blamed on Antifa and BLM.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Heh. All this only now, when the right wing's accidental hegemony is on the wane.

I guess they assume that if Trump wins, the future will be brutal and no amount of boot licking will save them. If Trump doesn't win, then the 4 year nightmare is over and having principles will no longer cost them money.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

The twitters has reports that the cops who arrested these “Patriots” are getting death threats from other “Patriots.”

It would be nice if we could make an impact on that bullshit somehow. Politicians, journalists, public servants, election workers, etc. are all affected by that crap. Like personal, “your kids ride bus #2046 home from elementary school,” type of threats.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Alex Jones' various grifts brought in 800k/day at its peak as far as we know? No wonder there's an endless supply of grifters hoping to get a piece. Candace Owens, Crowder, Bongino, Charlie Kirk, endless YouTube wanna-bes. Any small piece is probably a living, and if a doddering old millionaire benefactor notices you, you might get a windfall.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

They will. Something like 20% of the country and maybe 40% of Republican voters are totally dug into the cult of Trump and liken him to Christ for reasons I still can't entirely parse but I can guran-loving-tee that when it comes to nut cutting time in 2024 they will absolutely back DeSantis.

same and it sucks

Doesn't matter. He still possesses 100% of the cruelty and passes the punishing draconian regressive legislation that Trumpers really love. Donald is like the second or third form of someone like Sarah Palin, fully evolved. Empty, vacuous and well liked not despite their idiocy but mainly because of it. Most Trump supporters are dumb, angry and mean as poo poo but mostly that first thing to where they feel a kinship. Intelligence is a net negative of them, broadly speaking. Ron isn't DUMB so he doesn't check that box where they LIKE a candidate who's as vacant and stupid as they are but he's got the mean rear end in a top hat part down and also is WAY more savvy. He's just not a TV star with the built in marketing machine and lacks a certain measure of "outsider" cred.

Hell, I remember when McCain was on the ropes and trotted Palin out there all she had to do was give one stupid insulting speech with a touch of folksly "charm" and a pretty face and all my GOP voting coworkers were buzzing about "being sold" the next day despite her not really saying anything. They didn't care about her experience or credentials. She was a blank slate, pretty and a woman (therefore a counter to Hillary) who got in a few juvenile burns on Obama. So qualified for the Vice Presidency.

GOP voters don't give this process a lot of thought tbh. They listen to radio, read FB and watch FOX where "gently caress the Liberals" is all you need. Desantis has that. Never mind and it doesn't even matter that Obama, Biden or Hillary aren't really liberal or far left. You just have to out conservative the next person.

Don't even worry about it.

Actually...DO worry about it

It seemed simper than all that in 2015/2016. Trump just said all the racist poo poo out loud that the mouth breathers were dying to be able to say (without consequence). Not a moment's thought given to policy other than "fags/coloreds/freaks aren't real people and don't deserve anything and you can't make me give a poo poo."

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

What happens when he leaves office?
Imagine going to the dealer and seeing the kid with the custom lift kit and converted his backseat into a stereo getting more money because they have to replace the tailgate before selling your car.

It's probably just a vinyl wrap/sticker.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

kompromat

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

You can clearly see his scalp and the contour of his bald head through that tortured combover. What a pathetic sack of poo poo.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

FMguru posted:

There is also the pending lawsuit against Fox from former producer Abby Grossberg, who is alleging all kinds of awful treatment at the hands of Fox higher-ups (including McCaskill) and had enough receipts that she's on the verge of landing a big settlement.

I hope she doesn't just take a settlement and disappear like Gretchen (or maybe she had to because of arbitration or something?). We need those receipts and the repeated embarrassing/expensive stories like we got from the Dominion suit.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Is this a good place to ask about what drama just happened around Ana Kasparian? She's not Right Wing Media, but if she goes the way of Dave Rubin, she'd qualify.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

They should do up a little district with a gaudy tower with a gilded penthouse and a (fake) gold toilet and invite Trump to be super important boss man over his flock in exile.

But Russia wants more chaos in the west, so they aren't going to encourage the chaos makers to leave.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I guess we'll find out if Trump has that kompromat from the server hacks leading up to the 2016 election. It'll be interesting to know what made Lady G turn supplicant on a dime, why Rand Paul made his special trip to Russia, and why so many Republicans spent the 4th of July in Moscow.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I like this, it sounds like "Shitter" in my head. Like the X in Xi Jinping.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Sarah Connor, 1984.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Queering Wheel posted:

Not defending chuds ever, but every last one of you could have become one yourselves if certain things in your lives had gone differently and/or if you had the misfortune of being born into different circumstances. Every conservative, awful as they are, are human and many of the factors that made them conservative were not up to them. There will always be some amount of these shitheads, but until the root causes are addressed there will continue to be more of them than any of us would like.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I have no real idea beyond « at least they acknowledge us. » There’s a lot of real resentment in the world of internet at how they’re written entirely off as useless hicks. And in particular dunking on religion. Yes, there is lots of bad in it. I came out as gay (I’m actually bi and now married to a women but I was figuring things out then) to some of the most Christian moms I’ve ever met and trusted, and they defended me in what you can guess was hella not ok area. As they did all of us. Now having grown up jewishish and formally converted to devout orthodox christian, I understand how condescending and insulting it is to just assume religion = rear end in a top hat. In particular in the US where the standard is hellfire evangelical.

I also grew up alongside the kids of literal KKK officers and all but one got out. For the people the KKK hated, maybe stop dunking religion and stop treating someone whose entire life has been rural Texas and black as a guaranteed vote while insisting on focusing on college and cities

Won't somebody please think of the people who would happily put you in front of a firing squad if given the "freedom" to do so?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I hope we blue Texans can get riled up by this. Fox News will make sure red Texans know about the election year caravan and the green new deal death panels. Blue Texans need to remember all of these real outrages and crawl over broken glass to loving VOTE.

Ted Cruz beat Beto for that senate seat by 2% & 200k votes, with only about 50% turnout.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

It's so loving delicious to see these ghouls getting some heat for their constant bullshit these past few years. It really seemed like they thought they'd face no consequences. Maybe they were counting on a pardon from Dump.

I'd like to see SHS and Spicer and the rest of the bald face lying fucks get some too but that's probably way too much to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

maybe if sports men and women were both paid equitably women wouldnt need to supplement their income with foreign gigs.

If Griner wants to earn NBA money, she should play in the NBA.