Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
My latest acquisition:

From James Stokoe's Godzilla: Half Century War #1.

I'll take some pictures of the stuff I've got at home at some point as well. A couple of pages from Stokoe's Orc Stain, a few pages from Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier and a bunch of TMNT stuff from the '80s that Mark Martin did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
My Ryan Kelly Art Sale score:

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
I don't think it's ever been very common to color directly on the original art - ESPECIALLY if the colorist isn't also the original artist.

All of the color art I've collected has been done on scaled-down reproductions (usually standard 8.5x11 photocopies) with CMYK color codes noted in the gutters/borders, which I assume was the standard practice until digital coloring became the norm.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
FYI, Ryan Kelly is having his annual art sale this afternoon.

He posts prices at noon, Central time, at which point you can email him about the pieces you want, first come first served. As a note, stuff tends to go very fast because the prices are so low (everything is $100 or less), so you basically need to send your email as soon as he posts the prices to have a chance at the better pieces.

funtax fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 4, 2014

• Locked thread