Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The small beginnings of what is presently a stillborn collection.

Dr. Strange by Bruce Timm
Picked up at some con in the Bay Area in 2008, had it framed when I got back home. While I like both Timm and Strange neither one is my absolute favorite, but something about this just popped and I needed it. Maybe it's because the Kirby influence is so present in this above a lot of what Timm does, but I just love looking at it.

Boilerplate by Paul Guinan
Guinan was the artist on the 1998 Chronos series, a personal favorite. Wandering through Artist Alley at SDCC 2009 I saw him sitting alone at his booth and started chatting him up, first about Chronos but then about his character Boilerplate the Victorian Era Robot and from there we spent half an hour gabbing about history and other random things (dude loves his history), and while we were talking he offered up a free sketch for me of the aforementioned automaton, though I also bought a copy of the BP book since alternate history stories are right up my alley.

Sadly I was pressed for time and money the entire con and never had a chance to get anything beyond this sketch and a signature from Mike Allred on a Madman print. Shortly after SDCC I moved and haven't had the opportunity (or resources) to get anything beyond these two pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread