Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Oh, I somehow didn't even know this thread existed. Wah.

I hope you're all readers of Yale Stewart's JL8. http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/

I got the piece I made my avatar outta from him about 2 months ago.

He sent the line art, and for an extra $10, a really nice digitally colored print.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Mike Lilly's been sitting on $100 and not answering my emails for ages now. So there's that.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

RevKrule posted:

We're deep in con season here people. No new stuff?

I went Hobbity at Emerald City.

Fili and Kili by Marcus To

Kili by Jeremy Haun

Fili by Summer Suzuki

Working on filling out the set this year.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

RevKrule posted:

I have some of my best pieces in a portfolio. It makes me a little sad but I'm not only out of frames but wall space.

These are awesome. Are you looking to just do Kili/Fili or the whole group?

The whole group, although Fili and Kili are of course my favorites. Hey, their actors are cute, what can I say? So yeah, looking for artists to do the others in groups and singles. I was thinking maybe by family - Ori Dori and Nori, Balin and Dwalin, etc.

I'm almost out of space in my portfolio, too, and my walls are fairly full. I rotate the drawings to the wall sometimes, but the paintings stay up all the time.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

RevKrule posted:

Con season has started (ECCC last weekend, Wondercon this weekend). Anyone get anything yet this year?

I did, but I got rid of my scanner so it's hard to get good shots of it.

from Cat Farris, who's part of the Periscope Studios crew

From Tom Fowler

Both at ECCC.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

RevKrule posted:

That's some awesome stuff. I love the Cinar Scarecrow. The use of the shadow just sends it over the top for coolness for me. But the whole collection is amazing and some great pickups.

I have been trying to get art from Asrar and Cinar for five years now. So jealous!

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Yeah I got a Samnee 9x12 when he was on Thor, and it was $75.

Same piece now would run you $250+.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Oh I'm getting an Anka if I can find someone to pick it up for me at NYCC. (I've already paid for it, and he's ok with a proxy pickup, I just haven't figured out who can do it yet). That one is so good!

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Yeah I got a Winter Soldier by Kevin Wada, it's pretty great. And cost a mint.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

bigmike posted:

I tried multiple times over the weekend to get a commission from Kevin Wada but struck out each time.

I followed him on both twitter and Tumblr (and now insta) for a couple months before the show and happened to notice when he put up his pre-list. I was probably in the first 5 people to respond.

Mine's one of the ones in here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BD30RLBwBCq/

He made a lot of money at ECCC.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Watercolor paper, umm, 11x13 or 11x14, I'd say. Full color 1 figure was $375, and 2 figures started at $575. It's good to be the hot thing who's willing to draw shirtless guys!

The ones he was doing at the table were 8.5x11, I think, just black ink, and $100.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

StumblyWumbly posted:

Did you get two pictures, or did someone else ask for naked Bucky too?

Everyone asks for naked Bucky.

I got the skinnier version. It's just risque, but still not really work safe. https://www.instagram.com/p/BD9VSvjiH7i/

Another lady on twitter found me, she got the more ripped one.

Wada's cool because he's one of the few artists out there willing to be that playful. This was about $100 more than either my George Perez or my Frank Quitely - it's also full figure and full color, so worth every cent.. I have a feeling his prices will just go up, too, and soon.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Forbes.com/sites is basically the Examiner. Everyone can have one.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

RevKrule posted:

Closing in on some majors here and definitely deep in season (already had C2E2 and Wondercon), anyone have anything new?

I got another shirtless dude from Kevin Wada. He's also a delight to chat with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Every year I spend an increasing amount on ONE single crazy expensive (for me) piece and get some smaller ones. The expensive ones have gotten so high that I've gotten a lot less smaller ones. Plus, as artists get better known, their rates go nuts.

I've started picking up art from up and comers on Tumblr/Deviantart/Instagram, whatever. Anyone have any recommendations in that bracket they'd like to share?

• Locked thread