Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

I remember hearing about folks getting color samples or something, I think it was more of a piece of the production process and testing colors or the print, rather than a page that a single artist had done.

I actually have the color sample pages of an entire issue of Starman.

Not the Jack Knight series by Robinson, but the previous Starman series, with Will Payton and his mullet.

It's the issue where he teams up with Phantom Lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Terry Dodson finished my commission from SDCC. It's supposed to be Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite but he sorta morphed it into one of his Coraline girls. I'm not complaining because at the end of the day, I still own a Dodson original and he always knocks it out of the park with his Coraline girls.

Beautiful piece!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Has anyone ever commissioned a piece from Phil Noto? I met him years ago at a comic shop signing event, and he drew me a Blue Beetle head sketch on a comic backing board (for free), but I wouldn't mind getting an actual commissioned piece from him. Of course, I've been a fan of his since his Birds of Prey covers and Danger Girl one-shots, and now he's slowly (and deservedly) becoming a superstar, so I have no idea how much that might cost.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Moved to SoCal recently and found out I'm a couple miles away from a bunch of comic/pop culture art galleries, including Nucleus who was doing a Babs Tarr/Motorcrush signing and art show yesterday. Now I'm poorer but will be able to take home this Jen Bartel beauty in a couple weeks when the show is over.

Got Denver Comic Con and San Diego coming up but both of them have few artists I want to see so sadly I may not have much this summer. But because of where I've moved it's opened up Long Beach and Stan Lee Comic Con so maybe I'll just be poorer, faster.

Wow, I was completely unfamiliar with Jen Bartel, but her stuff is really stunning! That Birds of Prey piece on her website is something else, and I love the neon and pastel color palette she uses. drat.

• Locked thread