Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

BlindNinja posted:

I'll add you (PSN: TheBlindNinja), but I won't be home until like 5:30 PST. I think my Assassin is level 53.

cool thanks.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I sent a friend request too. If I can join you I have 53 Mechro and a 61 Siren if we really need the overkill.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I'll accept right now, my friend and I just had the last enemy on the last round glitch in the wall.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 28, 2014

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Uh, yeah...so I found some loot waiting in a white chest box when I came home today...

I have probably forever given up any good luck with this, but it's worth it.

I wanted to be sure I had the Loot Hunt prize in my possession before letting people know. My poor X11's can be honorably retired...now to learn how these things work.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Codes for 10 Golden Keys each! From the Borderlands FB page and @GearboxSoftware.

PC/ Mac:
CB5T3-TCZKT-Z5TX5-33JB3-BWCCT
C3KJ3-WCZW3-H5TFK-BTB3T-9RKTZ

Xbox 360:
KTC3J-TTB35-3ZF6Z-W6TJB-TCFTB
CTKJB-KBTJ5-BSXRS-5XB3J-3ZCSZ

PS3:
KTC3J-TTB69-5TC9W-Z3WJB-TCFCK
CTKJB-KBTR9-CJWSK-9TC3J-3ZC5W

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
There was also an announcement for another holiday-themed DLC. This one will be about Moxxi and Valentine's Day. :swoon:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Is there still not a way to add these codes to Shift without logging into the game? The "Loot The World" app is useful for the QR codes at least, but not so useful for the codes.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Borderlands 2 for the PS Vita will launch in the spring alongside the new PS Vita Slim with the Scarlett and Torgue DLC, both new characters, UVHM1 update, and Collector's Edition pack. It will have co-op and synchronized save files with the PS3 version.
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/10/borderlands-2-hits-vita-in-spring-alongside-slim-vita-us-launch/

I wonder how long it'll take for the rest of the DLC to trickle down. Also, how would playing with characters above level 61 work without the UVHM2 update or playing characters that have played through the Hammerlock and Tina DLC and have unique items from them considering that they're available for the PS3 version?

Sadly, there's no mention of Steam crossplay so that kind of puts a damper on my enthusiasm as a PC user. I don't suppose there's any way to hack my PC game save files over to the PS3/PS Vita, is there? Though the lack of a seamless synchronization ruins the appeal unless I know I'm going to be far away from my PC or taking or using my gaming laptop is impracticable.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I know it's been more than a few months, but a while back a goon helped me through Digistruct Peak with a Krieg that rolled through enemies like tissue paper. Could I hassle you to help me get my Mechro through one last time?

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

I know it's been more than a few months, but a while back a goon helped me through Digistruct Peak with a Krieg that rolled through enemies like tissue paper. Could I hassle you to help me get my Mechro through one last time?

We should do this some night. My Zer0 is Op1, but my Krieg is OP8.
Plus, it could get me to stop playing Skyrim for a day.:iia:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Seneschal posted:

We should do this some night. My Zer0 is Op1, but my Krieg is OP8.
Plus, it could get me to stop playing Skyrim for a day.:iia:

PM me over live. I've got family obligations well through the weekend, but after that I'd be happy to shield-glitch my Mechro and see if I could help you help me help you help me help you.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
https://blog.2k.com/index.php/home/single/announcing-borderlands-the-pre-sequel

Essentially Borderlands 1.5, due out this fall for PC/PS3/360. Color me intrigued.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ShadowedFlames posted:

Essentially Borderlands 1.5, due out this fall for PC/PS3/360. Color me intrigued.

You can play as a Claptrap. Sold.

More info here. The O2 mechanic sounds a lot like Lost Planet.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I just realized I'm going to have to listen to more Claptrap soundbytes now.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

haveblue posted:

You can play as a Claptrap. Sold.

Finally! I can make Claptrap die!

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

ShadowedFlames posted:

So, which other game are they cribbing resources and money from this time? I mean last time they bent over Sega and ran off with a shitload of their money for BL2 with Colonial Marines. :allears:

I'm not bitter at all. Still like Borderlands, and this looks interesting. I'll be hosed if I give Gearbox anymore of my cash though.

Hopefully it's a bit more creative than FREEZE DAMAGE = SLAG DAMAGE.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Played through the new Hammerlock DLC, I quite liked it. All the vault hunters have their own unique dialogue, there's plenty of funny banter between Lilith, Brick and Mordecai (and Talon!) a lot of callbacks to the original Borderlands and Crawmerax in general. As usual with the Headhunter packs, there's a main quest and a secondary quest, and I loved the secondary quest. I'll probably play through it with all my characters just to hear all the dialogue in it.

I haven't tried the raid boss yet, I need to get with well equipped friends, (unfortunately I seem to be the only one who gets the HH packs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Rabidredneck posted:

Played through the new Hammerlock DLC, I quite liked it. All the vault hunters have their own unique dialogue, there's plenty of funny banter between Lilith, Brick and Mordecai (and Talon!) a lot of callbacks to the original Borderlands and Crawmerax in general. As usual with the Headhunter packs, there's a main quest and a secondary quest, and I loved the secondary quest. I'll probably play through it with all my characters just to hear all the dialogue in it.

I haven't tried the raid boss yet, I need to get with well equipped friends, (unfortunately I seem to be the only one who gets the HH packs.

Are you on 360 or PS3?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So what's this 'pistol god' build for Salvador that can make him turn raid bosses into easy solo fights? Specifically, I'm gonna need to take out Terramorphous and the Ancient Dragons. No one I know plays B2 on the 360, certainly not with the DLC, so I'm gonna need to go it alone. Heard he was probably the best character for it. Him and Axton were the names that kept popping up, but Salvador sounded way more fun to do it with.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
As long as we're asking builds, what are some good Axton and Gaige builds that are godlike but idiot proof?

No, I am not good at FPSes, why do you ask?

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Error 404 posted:

As long as we're asking builds, what are some good Axton and Gaige builds that are godlike but idiot proof?

If you have the Captain Scarlett DLC, there's a relic in it that refills six percent of your health after every kill, but cuts the time you're in Fight For Your Life by about a third. Combine this with Gaige's 'Blood Soaked Shields' from her Anarchy tree, which restore shields to full after every kill, at the cost of, at max, five percent of your health from every kill, so long as you keep killing things, you're practically unstoppable, especially with a few points in BFF to encourage more soaking via Deathtrap.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Error 404 posted:

This all depends on what level you are and which mode you're playing in.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Error 404 posted:

Here's the one I use for Axton: http://www.bl2skills.com/commando.html#55055122015500005000015224104151

And here's what I use for Raid bosses: http://www.bl2skills.com/commando.html#55050100005500505515055530101000

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Elephant Ambush posted:

This all depends on what level you are and which mode you're playing in.

We're mid 40s, still playing normal mode, we have all the DLC but my wife's a completionist and wants to do every mission possible before we go to game+.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Error 404 posted:

We're mid 40s, still playing normal mode, we have all the DLC but my wife's a completionist and wants to do every mission possible before we go to game+.

I didn't even think you could get to 40 before going to TVHM. On my first playthrough of the game I did every mission in the game except for Terramorphous and I was like level 34 when I beat it. You guys must be doing a lot of grinding. If that's the case then it shouldn't matter what your builds are. You're already way overpowered for Normal mode.

My only basic advice is to make sure that Axton has the slag bullets skill at the bottom of the left-most tree, and make sure Gaige maxes out the skill where whenever you or Deathtrap kills an enemy, Deathtraps timer fills up a little. I think it's called Upshot Robot but I could be wrong. Basically you want Deathtrap out all the time and you also want his cooldown to be as fast as possible. Max out 20% Cooler too.

By the way your wife is going to be sad that you literally cannot beat Terramorphous until you are all at least level 50, so after you've done everything else just go to TVHM. It will take you forever to level up to 50 in Normal mode and you'll never get any loot worth using.

If you are all at 40 you'll have no problems with TVHM. You'll level up way faster and you'll get loot you can actually use. IMHO there's no good reason for you to keep durdling around in Normal other than to finish all the non-Terramorphous sidequests.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 19, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah, our drops are literally level 30-40, and xp has almost dried up.

I'm pushing for switching to tvhm to get things rolling again, the only hold up is completionism. We know we can't take terramorphous, or the dragons, etc. yet, but we're doing everything else first.

Thanks for the build advice, I'm the one playing Axton/Gaige, the wife is all about Zer0/Krieg, she's a fuckin good sniper and she thinks krieg is hilarious.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Error 404 posted:

Yeah, our drops are literally level 30-40, and xp has almost dried up.

I'm pushing for switching to tvhm to get things rolling again, the only hold up is completionism. We know we can't take terramorphous, or the dragons, etc. yet, but we're doing everything else first.

Thanks for the build advice, I'm the one playing Axton/Gaige, the wife is all about Zer0/Krieg, she's a fuckin good sniper and she thinks krieg is hilarious.

Ohhhh you're doing all the DLC first too. OK that makes more sense. Well all I can say is good luck!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can return to a lower difficulty at any time, so if you get really stuck you can go pick up a few levels and guns in TVHM and then come back and steamroll whatever the obstacle is.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

ChibiSoma posted:

So what's this 'pistol god' build for Salvador that can make him turn raid bosses into easy solo fights? Specifically, I'm gonna need to take out Terramorphous and the Ancient Dragons. No one I know plays B2 on the 360, certainly not with the DLC, so I'm gonna need to go it alone. Heard he was probably the best character for it. Him and Axton were the names that kept popping up, but Salvador sounded way more fun to do it with.

Sorry for the late reply:

Here's the thing that elevates Salvador from 'beastly' to 'godly' - when he certain guns with Red Text while Gunzerking, the special effects of the guns get lumped into one card. With a strictly pistols build, the Unkempt Harold (preferably with the 'Double Penetrating' prefix) combined with the Grog Nozzle from the Dragon Keep DLC will do devastating damage damage and heal you back to full with almost every successful hit.

The Unkempt Harold is the most powerful short/midrange pistol in the game. It can be purchased from the Torgue vending machines in the second DLC, making it one of the easiest legendary guns to 'farm' for.

BL2 Wiki posted:

Fires 7 shots in an accelerating horizontal spread at the cost of 3 ammo per shot. Fires 14 shots at the cost of 6 with the 'Double Penetrating' prefix.

The Grog Nozzle is a quest item from mid-wayish into the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC. It was also part of the Loot Hunt, so people have non-quest items floating around, too. It's... weird.

BL2 Wiki posted:

Very low (about -80%) damage, +300% Critical Hit damage. Extremely high Elemental Effect Chance. Always Slag. Fires large, slow bullets which explode three times mid-flight, destroying themselves on the third detonation. When equipped, heals the wielder at a rate of 65% of all damage done.

The Grog Nozzle has a random chance to make the wielder "drunk", causing the view to tilt left and right and the character to make a hiccuping sound. While "drunk", all shots will split into 6 without using any extra ammo but at the cost of major accuracy reduction and lowered fire rate.

This means in addition to being healed at the rate of the Harold's damage, you also have the opportunity to fire 84 shots at once. Granted, it will be all across the screen, but for bigger enemies or swarms it's dandy.

If you can't get a Grog Nozzle, ANY Moxxie weapon will do - there's one for each type of weapon, and they're all in the Vanilla game.

Now, Class Mods: You'll be eating through a LOT of ammo. You'll likely want a blue or purple tier Lucky Hoarder or Lucky Wardog mods to get the '5 Shots or 6' skill as high as possible. If you can get the Rough Rider shield from the Hammerlock DLC, all the better - '5 or 6' activates more when your shields are down for some reason, and you'll be gaining one ammo instead of using 3/6 shots with the Harold.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What are the best assault rifles for Axton? I have a stockpile of level 50 and level 61 assault rifles but Axton is the character I play least and the one I know the least about.

Should I even bother with assault rifles at all? I have all the crazy stuff like the Infinity Pistol, the DP Harold, the Norfleet, and a bunch of the other stuff that's super powerful, but is there anything else that's particularly good for a high level Axton?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Elephant Ambush posted:

What are the best assault rifles for Axton? I have a stockpile of level 50 and level 61 assault rifles but Axton is the character I play least and the one I know the least about.

Should I even bother with assault rifles at all? I have all the crazy stuff like the Infinity Pistol, the DP Harold, the Norfleet, and a bunch of the other stuff that's super powerful, but is there anything else that's particularly good for a high level Axton?

There was this Purple assault Dahl rifle I got, minigun barrel with 5-shot burst fire. It was goddamned amazing. Fast as hell reload speed as well.

I'd say aim for one like that.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rigged Death Trap posted:

There was this Purple assault Dahl rifle I got, minigun barrel with 5-shot burst fire. It was goddamned amazing. Fast as hell reload speed as well.

I'd say aim for one like that.

This + a decent scope + Slag is pretty much my holy grail right now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Error 404 posted:

This + a decent scope + Slag is pretty much my holy grail right now.

Oh yes! Now I remember!It was Slag Elemental as well! (not on main PC so cant get screen)
I got it in the lead up to the warrior and it lasted me well into TVHM.

I loved that gun.

SO:
It had the square scope, minigun barrel + 5/9(? honestly can't remember but it was obscene) shot burst, slag elemental and barely any recoil since, you know, Dahl.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Oh yes! Now I remember!It was Slag Elemental as well! (not on main PC so cant get screen)

I loved that gun.

SO:
It had the square scope, minigun barrel + 5/9(? honestly can't remember but it was obscene) shot burst, slag elemental and barely any recoil since, you know, Dahl.

I'm jealous and I hate you right now.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

I can't remember the tree that increases explosive damage (Gunpowder, I think?), but it actually increases all explosive damage. So get yo Torgue on, son. :torgue:

If you've got the Campaign of Carnage DLC, you can get a Kerblaster without any fuss or farming - It's one of the few Assault Rifles that's usable in OP levels.

I loved that gun.

SO:
All Dahl guns have their burst fire count upped for each Dahl component they use, so you lucked out! Congratulations on getting a sweet, blinge'd spinny at the exact level when you want to use ARs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
http://www.twitch.tv/professorbroman

This guy is currently speedrunning the PC version of BL2. He's doing all kinds of crazy glitches and explaining them all. It's a pretty fun watch.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm trying to solo the Ancient Dragons. Which A) is incredibly stupid and B) is perhaps literally impossible.

So I have a few questions. To start, lemme explain where I am. I'm at L40, they're all at 38. I'm on Normal, of course, as I don't plan to do TVHM/UVHM if I can help it. I'm running into the pillar you summon the dragons from and getting under the map. I can't attack, but Deathtrap can.

Here's the weird thing: Sometimes DT is doing only a tiny bit of damage, but sometimes a giant chunk of their health will be blasted away. He's only using his blue laser to zap them. Is he just getting really good crits?

Sometimes the blue dragon can zap me through the floor, sometimes he can't. Right now the fire dragon can suddenly tag me through the ground when he never has before. It seems totally random. Is there a better spot to cheese these guys from? DT can't outpace the healing one of the Dragons does, even with those big hits. This really isn't a viable method of killing them, but with only 8100 shield/12000HP, neither is running up and trying to shoot them. Tried that once, went down instantly.

No one I knows plays the game, and I don't want to drag anyone else into my stupid achievement hunting OCD bullshit, so I'd like to just solo the raid bosses if at all possible. That's gonna mean exploiting glitches on a lot of them. I just need to know what works best. Going under the grate in the middle and letting DT solo them doesn't work well enough to win. I've gotten them to almost 50% once, but they just heal back up. I don't care how cheap the victory is - a win is a win.

tl;dr: Need a better spot to glitch kill the Ancient Dragons.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
That reminds me. The only trophy I don't have is beating all the levels of the Dragon Keep arena, and I can probably do that with my level 66 Siren if I just go back to Normal difficulty. drat, why didn't I think of this sooner?

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I've been dicking around with my lvl 61 Turret dude (Ultimate Vault Hunter mode) some nights, if anyone on the East Coast of America is interested. Tag is "BAR0M3T3R" Send me a friend request mentioning you're a goon and we can be :buddy:s! So far my wireless connection has been OK (only one really bad lagging session) but I have no idea how far away the people I've played with have been. I don't have the second round of DLCs, nor any headhunter stuff, if that matters.

Edit; I bought the second Ultimate Vault Hunter pack which seems to be the Digistruct Peak, alone? No headhunter stuff still.

Barometer fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Why wouldn't they integrate the Loot The World app into the Vita version of BL2 considering the Vita has a camera? That's really dumb.

Also, I'd like for the cross-save functionality to finally get turned on so I can play my character on the Vita.

• Locked thread