Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Marogareh posted:

I have the bee and sherrif's badge to go with it so come on down. PSN is Marogareh.

Oh snap, I'll be on later tonight. Thanks in advance dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Here's a page that might help with Shift.
I signed up today, and put in one code. I think I might have 3 keys now, but the GIRLFRIEND needed to take over playing and I haven't checked to see if I do or not. Can't wait to get some gold box loot.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Can anyone on 360 dupe me a Conference Call? Spent the last couple hours farming the Warrior and am sick of waiting for the drop to just end up underneath his body.

ID is "Free Soma"

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
My xbox hard drive just died. I got error code e 69. I'm furious.

I guess I get to re-enjoy leveling a mechromancer and a siren again, yay.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I don't wanna play any more because I'm not high enough level to finish this quest and my Sal sounds like Handsome Jack. :/

That's the best part of the game for Gunzerker. :colbert:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Mikael Kreoss posted:

Gaige is the best character.
This is the correct answer and if you don't farm up 600 stacks before venturing into Pandora then you're playing her wrong.

EDIT: Oh yeah if anyone has a purple Bullet Witch mod for Maya then I'll trade it for a level 50 legendary. I'm not that into her legendary and have an idea for a class setup I want to try out with her.

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 24, 2012

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

Soma Soma Soma posted:

Can anyone on 360 dupe me a Conference Call? Spent the last couple hours farming the Warrior and am sick of waiting for the drop to just end up underneath his body.

ID is "Free Soma"

I'm not on until tomorrow night but if you friend me or msg me, I'll dupe you everything I've got to pay forward the generosity of another goon after I was banging my head against the wall farming warrior. CC is a nice shotgun. GT: Biebazaelbub

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Alright who was the moron that decided to bring back the best purple shotgun from the first game (Sledge's Shotgun) and get rid of its knockback ability? That's just dumb and without that I can't think up any reason to possibly use the new version.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Seems like they haven't fixed the badass point reset bug yet :(

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I finally found the time to get through to the end of the story mode.

What's the consensus: plug right back in to TVHM or do the Scarlett DLC first?

Also, excellent new thread title.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Ouhei posted:

I have both Maya and Gaige at 50 and I enjoy Maya more. I'm a big fan of elemental damage in this game and she makes it SO GOOD. The thing with Gaige is that I haven't found a build where I don't feel like I'm missing out on some really good skills, where with Maya the only thing I'd like to add to my build is Sweet Release.

I feel the exact opposite way. I tried to play my Maya as a CQC powerhouse (thoughtlock because cataclysm sucks dick past PT1) and kept dying. When I do the same with Gaige I just murder everything. It really synergizes with my run and gun in your face playstyle.

strangemusic posted:

If you're above level 32-ish don't bother, you will level up so slowly it just won't be fun

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Synonamess Botch posted:

I feel the exact opposite way. I tried to play my Maya as a CQC powerhouse (thoughtlock because cataclysm sucks dick past PT1) and kept dying. When I do the same with Gaige I just murder everything. It really synergizes with my run and gun in your face playstyle.

If you're above level 32-ish don't bother, you will level up so slowly it just won't be fun

I'm right there at 33.

Also: has anyone received an interesting bug - after beating the game, saving and quitting, all my skill points were re-specced and needed to be distributed again. :wtc:

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
So I found this:

Is it worth it to continue to try to farm a Conference Call?

Crackatastic
May 13, 2005

Ayo, I kinda like your natural scent.
*NO HOMO*
well, okay, I hit 50 with Zer0. At this point should I just go into cunning and play to the groups? (I'm a team player guy anyway)

If so, what's a good build/gear setup?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

strangemusic posted:

Also: has anyone received an interesting bug - after beating the game, saving and quitting, all my skill points were re-specced and needed to be distributed again. :wtc:

I have that happen to me fairly ffrequently. It also seems to happen a lot when I join other people's games. Its honestly such a nonissue to me that I never really thought of it as a bug.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
All achievements done..next up, getting seraph weapons.
Also if anyone does need a CC or Bee (or even a bunch of random 50 OJ's) add my GT (Ashekaban) And send a message saying you need one. and ill get around to it eventually.

Misplaced Yankee
Jan 29, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

New keys:

WinPC: CBKB3-3BKH9-XB3J3-BJB3B-H53CK
PS3: WB5JJ-KX6HJ-XHJCT-ZBKJB-XW3J6
X360: WB5JJ-KX6CR-TFRBX-WFJJB-XW3S6

(No info provided on duration or number of uses, so, good luck?)

Well, Xbox code isn't working currently.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
New shift keys!

WinPC: CBK3B-5JCH9-RB3BJ-BBTBB-T6FCR
PS3: KJ53B-RRRST-F9TKJ-ZJWT3-WBHZK
X360: KJ53B-RRRKX-B6XJR-WRTT3-WBH3R

Good for "several thousand" redemptions, so no clue on how long it will be good for.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Misplaced Yankee posted:

Well, Xbox code isn't working currently.

They only last a set amount of time (usually two hours), or a set amount of uses. That one was used up hours ago.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Whoever said using the Chulainn in TVHM wasn't worth the risk is objectively wrong. On my Shock mechro I can rip through just about everything using only that weapon. loving love this smg.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Silly question:

Can I keep farming mini-bosses in TVHM even after I complete the quest? I'm specifically referring to bosses like Madame Bartlesby and Laney White.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

strangemusic posted:

You can always do what I did: start up TVHM and then warp to Oasis at the first fast-travel point. The Scarlett DLC scales to your level, but it won't scale past level 30 in playthrough 1 and since you're probably at level 33 or so that poo poo is boring. I had a fun time doing Scarlett at level 35-38 in TVHM and now I've got a whole bunch of guns for the main story playthrough.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
As of this post, code above for 360 is still working.

Also, I've come to the conclusion of gently caress the arenas unless you are overleveled or in a group.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.

Lord Wexia posted:

Silly question:

Can I keep farming mini-bosses in TVHM even after I complete the quest? I'm specifically referring to bosses like Madame Bartlesby and Laney White.

I know at least Laney still appears regardless of the quest's completion status in playthrough one; I can't imagine her behavior would change in TVHM.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Hm. I tried playing this with my brother, but we only played the beginning bits, and he got bored really quickly. Said he didn't understand a thing of what was going on, and he hated the fact that he had to read things to understand what was going on (which I found strange, considering the amount of time he spends with World of Warcraft, but whatever). Maybe it's because he played Zer0 as a sniper, I don't know. Sniping always seemed a bit boring to me. But I really like this game, and I'd like to play it with him, so... Any ideas to what I can do to entice him to play playstation games with me? Play ahead a bit and get him in at a slightly later stage?

To be fair, though, I'm not a big fan of how much of the view you lose in splitscreen either.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Lord Wexia posted:

Silly question:

Yeah you can farm them until they decide to drop their drat oranges. I managed to get a Mongol and good god is it awesome compared to the lovely one in the first game.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Bobfly posted:

Hm. I tried playing this with my brother, but we only played the beginning bits, and he got bored really quickly. Said he didn't understand a thing of what was going on, and he hated the fact that he had to read things to understand what was going on (which I found strange, considering the amount of time he spends with World of Warcraft, but whatever). Maybe it's because he played Zer0 as a sniper, I don't know. Sniping always seemed a bit boring to me. But I really like this game, and I'd like to play it with him, so... Any ideas to what I can do to entice him to play playstation games with me? Play ahead a bit and get him in at a slightly later stage?

To be fair, though, I'm not a big fan of how much of the view you lose in splitscreen either.

Get him to try gunzerker. Specifically, have him try at the bare minimum a level five gunzerker. It's great since it doesn't require much reading to get right as opposed to deception or sniping in general. If he doesn't find that fun then obviously he doesn't understand fun.

Barnes
Jul 20, 2003
raeg agniast teh machiese
Anyone feel like going after Hyperius?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Monkey Fracas posted:

Huh, I'll have to try that out. I went down the middle tree first and then the right tree because I found a mod that buffed Hard To Kill and Juggernaut, which are the only two skills I have points in in that tree right now (lvl 41 here). If I can find a mod that adds to Lay Waste this looks awesome.
You're looking for an Unhinged Hoarder class mod. The best part is that the mods that add points to Lay Waste usually add points to Filled To The Brim. This means you get bigger mags, which increases the extra damage done by Money Shot. Add all that to the fact that they usually also feature a decent Team Ammo Regen stat (mine's currently at 2.3, whatever that means. I'd say 2.3 bullets per second, but it seems sniper rounds take longer to regen than, say, pistol rounds by a bunch) and any buddies you play with will also love you.

Unhinged Berzerker mods also add to Lay Waste (as well as Last Longer and Yippie Ki Yay), but with a cooldown reduction to Gunzerk instead of the ammo regen. Great if you want to Gunzerk for loving ever (which is also awesome).

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

You can always do what I did: start up TVHM and then warp to Oasis at the first fast-travel point. The Scarlett DLC scales to your level, but it won't scale past level 30 in playthrough 1 and since you're probably at level 33 or so that poo poo is boring. I had a fun time doing Scarlett at level 35-38 in TVHM and now I've got a whole bunch of guns for the main story playthrough.

This post convinced me to get the DLC. I'm stuck at level 38 gunzerker and on TVHM I can't get past Flynt. I get him down to half if I'm lucky, I guess my weapons probably suck but nothing better has been dropping for me so far. So now I'll run through the DLC instead!

Also wondering if someone knows; if you use a golden key in normal mode, does the loot scale above 30? I haven't dared try one in normal just in case it's a waste, and being stuck on Flynt I can't use one in TVHM yet.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

kalamaf posted:

This post convinced me to get the DLC. I'm stuck at level 38 gunzerker and on TVHM I can't get past Flynt. I get him down to half if I'm lucky, I guess my weapons probably suck but nothing better has been dropping for me so far. So now I'll run through the DLC instead!

Also wondering if someone knows; if you use a golden key in normal mode, does the loot scale above 30? I haven't dared try one in normal just in case it's a waste, and being stuck on Flynt I can't use one in TVHM yet.

Golden keys scale to your level no matter what. You can be level 50 in playthrough 1 and still get level 50 guns from the chest.

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Golden keys scale to your level no matter what. You can be level 50 in playthrough 1 and still get level 50 guns from the chest.

Perfect, thanks!

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to go against the grain and say that Sanctuary keys are better used as a person is leveling up. At level 50 almost all of the best in slot items are orange and you can't get those from the Sanctuary chest.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I tend to agree. I'm nowhere near 50 yet but using the chest while leveling up can help you out of a tight spot if the right items spawn (shield with elemental resist, +900 health, and under 1.3 recharge delay? Yes, I'll take that and plow through Eridium Blight when I was in FFYL every fifteen seconds otherwise, thank you very much!).

Original Gamer
Sep 13, 2002

Would it be a safe assumption that the next DLC will probably increase the level cap? Because if that is the case I think I'd rather wait to download Cpt. Scarlett until then so I get more levels and loot for completing it.

Also, I wish there was a relic that said something like, "increases the drop rate of legendary items 0.5%" It wouldn't even have to ACTUALLY work, but just the words would give me hope to keep farming, as right now it's frustratingly hopeless to get any weapon.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Original Gamer posted:

Would it be a safe assumption that the next DLC will probably increase the level cap? Because if that is the case I think I'd rather wait to download Cpt. Scarlett until then so I get more levels and loot for completing it.

Also, I wish there was a relic that said something like, "increases the drop rate of legendary items 0.5%" It wouldn't even have to ACTUALLY work, but just the words would give me hope to keep farming, as right now it's frustratingly hopeless to get any weapon.

It'd be just "Raises chances of legendary item drops" with no number attached and we'd all believe it and give glowing confirmation reports until someone looked at the code and discovered it did nothing.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Most recent PS3 code cashed. God, that's frustrating, between the hosed text entry system the playstation has been perfectly satisfied withdrawal half a decade and real life responsibilities keeping me from jumping on these

Original Gamer
Sep 13, 2002

AnonSpore posted:

It'd be just "Raises chances of legendary item drops" with no number attached and we'd all believe it and give glowing confirmation reports until someone looked at the code and discovered it did nothing.

Well in that case the item should be called "Placebo Effect" and it would fit right in with Borderlands humor.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Original Gamer posted:

I just want more of the cool ones, honestly. Most purples I have put out stupid amounts of damage. They might not be ideal for soloing Giantdingus the Unbelievable for ultimate DPS gamebreaker cannons or whatever, but poo poo, who cares? I want more guns that shoot bullets in flapping bird-wing patterns, or hop along the ground making GBS threads grenades because that rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I just want more of the cool ones, honestly. Most purples I have put out stupid amounts of damage. They might not be ideal for soloing Giantdingus the Unbelievable for ultimate DPS gamebreaker cannons or whatever, but poo poo, who cares? I want more guns that shoot bullets in flapping bird-wing patterns, or hop along the ground making GBS threads grenades because that rules.

I want a tediore launcher that launches smaller guns at enemies.

Edit: Or a torgue relic that causes all of your melee attacks to create miniature nuclear explosions.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 25, 2012

• Locked thread