Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gunzerking is the best talent ever. I love it more than my family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Xguard86 posted:

the two DLC bosses seem very poorly thought out and not well executed with all these bugs. I tried Hyperius once and it was just dumb.

I hope the Torque DLC does it better or at least minimizes their role. Its cool they're doing an orange level vending machine.

Mechanics wise, the bosses are really cool in my opinion. They add a neat level of strategy to the fights and force you to know the fight much like RPGs. However, gee particularly has too much drat hp to make the fight fun since it just goes and goes, as well as, the technical glitches associated with both fights pulling them down to non-fun levels.

Glad to hear the patch to fix the freezes didn't work for poo poo though, I haven't attempted them since the first few nights for that reason. A trick to avoid the freeze is to not look at Gee when he dies. Sounds stupid I know, but it worked for me and is the only reason I completed the quest. I've killed him three times, no loot, just so you know.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Xguard86 posted:

When I've tried fighting Hyperius it seems like something really unlucky just fucks the team without a real mistake or reason. Like if there was a safe place or counter to the nova it wouldn't be so bad. Or if you could slow him down when he goes stomping since its drat near impossible to revive someone after he steps on them and camps out.

My usual group is myself as Salv, friends as Zero, and Maya. Zero with bore, Maya with Rez. I spec full survival for Hyp n Gee. The Rez is almost mandatory for those fights, because you're right about random luck ruining that fight. Most likely the double nova is ruining the fight for you, it was what got us most the time. I think that's a bug they plan to fix though. Zero bored Hyp and just stayed on him the whole which made it seem like no matter what Zero had aggro on the boss, so Maya tried to save Rez solely for him, I revived Maya when I could, and with the neogenator I almost never saw a ffyl during the fight. It also helps to shoot the rockets the robots fire off if you can't get out of their way easily.

Edit: To the guy that told me the patch wasn't out yet- Oh, I haven't played much since completing the Gee quest. I was really disappointed by the first DLC and the massive amount of bugs. I have the season pass so I will be back for the next one.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 19, 2012

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Marogareh posted:

So double nova is a bug? I had it do triple once which was utter horseshit.
Take it with some salt, as I've only read it on gearbox forums and I can't remember if it was an admin post or just speculation, but given the damage output of double nova, I'd say it is. I can't believe they'd want the boss to essentially double shot every class, except a gunzerker flipping the bird.

Edit: The more I did the fight with my group, the more we noticed he only did one nova most the time, but for some reason would double nova at the exact worst moment.

• Locked thread