Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Spergminer posted:

I'm doing the mission with the Gluttonous Thresher, and ho boy I keep dying and dying and dying as a Cunning Zer0. Most of my weapons are still level 37-38, because I went back to PT1 to do some DLC and arena sidemissions. Even the normal surveyers kills me at this point, so if you open the Golden chest in PT1, but you're level 40, does the purples scale to 40 or are they locked at level 30 like everything else in PT1?

You can farm a level 40 chest in TVHM Tundra Express if you're so inclined. I was going to type out an explanation, but it'd be way easier just to look it up on YouTube so you can see where to go.

Also the Thresher can be cheesed from a distance. Drag him to where the constructor was, run almost all the way back and crouch behind the little half wall with the crates. You can find various spots depending on which weapon you want to use to snipe the Thresher from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Is sniper spec for Zer0 on TVHM pretty useless then? I ripped through normal mode with it, have tons of perks and mods equipment for sniper damage/critical hit damage. I've loved playing this way so far, but the enemies move so fast in thhm I can barely even get criticals. Is it just unorthodox to go that route in that mode pretty much?

I wouldn't say useless, but I was Sniper spec till the earlyish 40s and respecced Cunning, very happy I did. I still had enough points too pick up B0r3 so I was able to farm Bnk3r to finish levelling to 50.

The throwing stars while stealthed are a nice bonus and I feel like I'm getting more use out of my passives. Late Sniper tree is all about the Sniper Rifle, which I still use often, but I frequently find myself switching to pistols/SMGs/shotguns depending on the situation.

Give it a shot, respec costs are absurdly cheap so it costs almost nothing to switch back. (If I recall it was something like 13k when I was in the process of burning off 3mil on slots)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I'm getting close to finishing the main storyline on my second play through and I hit level 50 on my Zer0. Any suggestions for farming targets? So far Conference Call, a level 50 Bee, a Hellfire and a Bitch are my list.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 26, 2012

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Feeble posted:

Codes are out:
http://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware
http://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame
AND GUESS WHAT!? EACH SITE HAS DIFFERENT CODES! MEANING YOU GET TWICE AS MANY KEYS IF YOU ENTER BOTH!

Mind cut and pasting the Facebook ones? Don't have a Facebook account.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

gibbed posted:

Twitter:

360: CJCT3-K3C9K-XSRTF-WFTTJ-JW35J
PS3: CBW33-XSB53-JCK53-HJCTB-9XC66

Facebook:

360: 535TB-FK5S5-6Z6JR-KFJ3B-R6RSC
PS3: CTWBB-XHX35-5FJT3-JJ33T-KSTBB

Thanks a bunch.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I entered the twitter 360 code and got my key, but it wont accept the facebook key. "cannot be redeemed". Has anyone else actually been able to double up?

Just did on the PS3. I don't think these ones were limited use were they?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Play through number two complete. That end fight sure is a hell of a lot more intense in TVHM than the first time overlevelled with a 31 Bee.

Speaking of which, Bee farming time!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So I just got my first Bee drop off Hunter level 50, a 49 plain one. It looks like the level 50 ones can spawn with the elemental immunity prefixes, is that accurate or someone modding the PC version? If so I think I'll keep farming and save the spares for alts.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Arrath posted:

I have a Fire Immunity Bee, though it was given to me so I can't say for sure that it isn't modded. v:shobon:v

Got a level 50 bee with no mod, but that doesn't mean they can't spawn. Was a pretty big upgrade to the 49 so I think I'll keep farming for a little bit. Over 5k amp damage, almost 3sec recharge delay difference is pretty big.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Illumination posted:

Torgue shotguns are a thing of beauty dude.

I'm still running a 6783x16 blue Torgue shotgun and it wrecks bosses with The Bee. A couple times I've failed to hit the B0r3 spot on Bnk3r and still nearly one shot him.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I think that's more the Bee doing the wrecking. 6800x16 is going to kick rear end when you add 50,000+ damage to each pellet regardless of manufacturer.

It's absolutely a delivery mechanism for stupid amounts of Bee damage. x16 each time I pull the trigger is pretty hilarious though. I've had individual hits crit as high as 910k with Mark and deception bonuses.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

abaddonis posted:

There is an instakill spot on him? I guess that makes sense. I hit him on the underside once with a 680 damage e-tech AR and it sapped his whole bar instantly. This was approximately level 30.

Yeah, if you hit him just above the rim around the edge slightly towards the top apparently B0re penetrates then gets stuck inside the model, rattles around in there and you hear a buzzing sound as he dies instantly while you get an absurd amount of crits. I didn't really get the hang of doing it intentionally, but it happens a lot accidentally with a shotgun that fires lots of projectiles or a SMG.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

buzzsaw.gif posted:

And thanks, by the way, for making action and reload mapped to the same key, with no way to separate them, and then giving me a new character who is highly dependent on not reloading who now reloads all the time accidentally when trying to open a locker!

If your Mechromancer is an alt, blitz through the storyline and farm all the Eridium you need off Bnk3r or Warrior? Then you can pretty safely skip all the lockers and small boxes.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Awesome, a legendary shotgun off The Warrior

Oh... It's a Flakker. :sigh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

iTrust posted:

The thing with The Bee, in particular any version that isn't Level 50, is that you trade massive amounts of survivability for extra damage. This isn't so huge with the Level 50 version due to it having such a low recharge delay, and the capability of adding 50k damage to each bullet.

Yeah, I'd say the pre-50 Bee is balanced. I used it through the 30s but around 40ish it had to go, giving up that much shield is just too much. It turns everything you do into a bullet hell game. It's outstanding for large bosses that take a lot of hits from a multiple projectile shotgun, but isn't really a big deal for anything else if you keep your guns current.

At the cap I've been having fun with it, but I'm guessing it only goes from very good to game breaking in multiplayer or vs the raid bosses? With good purple or legendary guns pretty much all the trash dies in a burst or two without The Bee, bosses/badasses melt pretty quick too. It could use some toning down as the devs have said, but it's nowhere near the "I win" button a few posters like to make it out to be.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Reveilled posted:

Does a vladof absorb shield just take the bullets shot at you, or does it actually absorb the damage as well? I'm on the fence as to whether to spend the time farming for a Sham.

Think of it as farming for a nice Bitch and you'll get a few Shams in the process. It's a fun boss to farm anyways. I love bosses that vomit purples and cash all over the place when they die.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

JackDarko posted:

Been farming henry for 2 hours trying to get the Raz0r head for Zero, started with 8 eridium and I have like 80 now.

One minor change I wish they'd add is the same auto pickup for Eridium that cash and ammo have. I bought everything I could and maxed out on Eridium by the end of my first play through, now it's just waste distracting from potentially good purples.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Oh god. I've started farming for 50 legendaries with specific prefixes. This way madness lies. (to be fair I just want something better than 50% melee damage on everything, but still)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Once people are reaching level 50 are they just going around and collecting level 50 versions of all their favorite weapons, or what?

Pretty much. I fell in love with SMGs towards the end of TVHM so I'm collecting a set of legendary SMGs hopefully with elemental prefixes. Hellfire comes with fire base and shreds things that aren't resistant so fire was easy. All the ones with less than ideal prefixes go in the bank to greet my alts when they hit 50.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Draile posted:

I'm looking for a Siren mod with a good bonus to Sweet Release, because that is how I stay alive. Yet in 50+ hours I've only found two, both of them at low character levels. Meanwhile every other drop is a Siren class mod for SMGs or shields or corrosion damage. Am I unlucky? Is the mod I want particularly rare?

At a glance it appears to only come on Health Regen or Slayer mods.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Class_Mod

Found that kind of handy for figuring out which skills to expect on which class mods.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Think about how you'd feel around the time you leveled up for the second or third time in TVHM and that Conference Call wasn't making any kind of dent in the enemies' health bars. Be glad you didn't get one!

It's not that severe if you farm good purples from normal Warrior. Quite a few of mine lasted through TVHM Tundra Express. I wouldn't recommend farming it into the ground, but a half dozen runs before starting TVHM aren't wasted.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

GANDHITRON posted:

But, seriously, gently caress Tiny Tina.

Ok thems fightin words. Tiny Tina is my favourite part of the game. After 2+1/2 play throughs I still crack up every time over "Climb the pipe to the train or you'll go insane wut wut. That's a rap song i wrote."

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Bland posted:

You must be quite easily amused

I'd argue this, but I've ground out three Baby Makers so far and I'm working on grinding out an elemental Bitch or two, so um, yeah...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I dunno, I liked some of the really obvious stuff like Face McShooty but I guess that's frowned upon in the thread.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Draile posted:

Do sniper rifles really decrease in usefulness in TVHM? I'm up to Opportunity and rarely use my sniper. Enemies have so much health that headshots don't do significant damage anymore. I'm finding raipd-fire guns or anything Tediore to be the best.

A good sniper rifle can still headshot kill most non-badass/boss stuff in one shot at 50, but I rarely find myself wanting to spend that much setup time. There were a few spots I still liked it, the area leading up to Mad Mike being an example but for the most part I found myself using a lot of pistols and SMGs.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

Gearbox just put something up on their twitter about releasing Shift codes for Halloween themed character skins tomorrow. The codes are good for 5 days.

https://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/952/halloween-shift-codes-for-borderlands-2

I neeeeeeeed Jack-o-Lantern heads for all of my characters. Hopefully they have some in the mix of codes.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Xidus posted:

I was watching someone play this on PC and he could see the invisible soldiers. What's the deal with that? This is what they looked like to him;

That's how they look on the PS3 version too.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Xidus posted:

Is that a zer0 thing then? They definitely don't look like that with maya or sal.

Could be, Zer0 is my only 50 with my Maya at 20 as my second highest character.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

GammaShade posted:

Has anyone figured out a strategy to not get destroyed by Wormhole Threshers yet, or is it just "shoot at it until it dies"?

Took me a little while to accept it, but the best strategy for most things is "run past anything that isn't essential". Off the top of my head I can only remember one thresher you absolutely have to kill, any "kill X" ones can be farmed in a vehicle.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I love my lowbie legendaries. I can't say I'd recommend farming too heavily for them, but it's kinda nice to have a few things to pass down the chain for each alt, especially if you plan to play all five classes eventually.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Jervas Dudley posted:

Anyone have any tips for PT2 crystalisks? I'm playing as Gaige and I ran out of ammo (mostly) critical hitting a crystalisk with a sniper rifle and only broke one leg. Deathtrap is useless against them. I don't think I've killed one on this playthrough, I just run past them. Nothing else gives me this kind of trouble.

Unless Gaige's melee is somehow worse than Maya's, equip Law and sweep the leg like in Karate Kid. The leg crystals are especially weak to melee attacks.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Sleekly posted:

What a start to a public holiday!
I now have 5 keys and should probably hit level 50 today.

Thank you twitter/facebook watchers!! :)

You might want to hang on to those keys for an alt. I've found the best use was around 40-45. As someone said to me when I asked earlier in the thread, 50 is all about farming for legendaries which don't tend to come from the key chest.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

JerseyDevil posted:

Last night, I fought the Warrior for the second time ever, this fight being the first with my Mechromancer. It dropped a Scalable Conference Call.

Too bad it's only level 32 or so

You actually got something really great. I have a level 30 Conference Call and it makes an outstanding twink item for alts. Plus, at 49 with The Bee it still takes TVHM The Warrior down in one clip.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ShadowedFlames posted:

Well, I thought BNK-3R was going to be difficult with the Siren on TVHM. More grind than difficult when you are only hitting on a crit for 62K a pop. Good news is grinding (solely to get the missions done) at Opportunity, Thousand Cuts and at the Bunker site was more lucrative XP-wise. Up to Level 48 now, think there's a possibility without excess grinding that I could hit 50 before reaching the end of TVHM.

Think I have my goal for the extended weekend now.

Most bosses can be sniped while underlevelled from a relatively safe spot if you're patient. For Bnk3r on my Siren I just stuck to the bottom deck near the vending machines and plinked him down. The Warrior can also be shot from outside of his room if you jump up on the wall to the left of the drop down to his room.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I just started the DLC for the first time on my level 50 Maya. All the non-DLC quests are scaled up to 50 and all the enemies in the first quest are 50, but the DLC quests themselves and the green reward to the first one was 40. Is this a bug or are the first few DLC quests capped at 40 even in playthrough 2.5?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The Rokstar posted:

My guess is "fixing the downside" means they'll give the Bee an amplify drain. It probably won't be large, but it'll keep people from being able to spam amp shots.

Making the recharge delay even longer doesn't really matter for some classes (Mechromancer with Blood Soaked Shield, I'm looking at you) so I don't think they'd go that route. My only other guess would be that they plan to drop the Bee's capacity so low that it's practically nothing, which would be kind of funny.

At the current 20kish it's already so low as to barely matter. My Siren has 39k HP and frequently loses the full shield plus about 15-20k HP to a single shot. I'd be pretty happy if the nerf they go with is to reduce the capacity to 1 or something.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If you're not overlevelled/overgeared for Thresher don't even try getting close to him. Aggro and drag him to the spot where the constructor was then run across the water to the back wall just below that little platform where engineers spawned. There is a little half wall you can duck behind and fight him from relatively safely.

If you're really worried about it you can wiggle around and snipe him between holes in the barrier. Otherwise you can just stand up, unload a clip and crouch back down before you get hit. Takes a ton of shots to kill him that way but it's safe.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

A ha ha. Dragging him to where the Constructor was would result in me dragging him to where the Constructor is, since I just dashed by it after a few deaths forced me to give up on killing it.

But overleveling / overgearing is impossible in TVHM considering the scaling nature of the mode, isn't it?

The constructor can be easily taken out using the same sniping spot.

As for over levelling, sort of. It scales within a range and not everything turns 50-53 until you finish your second playthrough. Over gearing is usually just a matter of having level appropriate corrosion/shock purples, I like to use my keys in the mid 40s to tide me over till The Bee at 49.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Bit of a long shot but does anybody on the PS3 version have level 50 Legendary Siren and/or Assassin mods they'd be willing to dupe for me? The Vermivorous ones, not the Terra ones.

Heck, for that matter can they even be duped? Thought I read earlier in the thread something about them being bind on pickup. Decided to cave and break my no-duping rule only for those since Vermivorous is such a colossal pain to spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ShadowedFlames posted:

Reposting on this page as the 360 code just worked for me.

Regarding Terra, that may be the case. I wasn't aware it was possible.

Just gave the PS3 one a shot and that one seems to be done.

Added you in PSN Marogareh, that sounds perfect. I'll fire off a game invite when you log in.

• Locked thread