Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

abaddonis posted:

It can't be worse than the gun that nags you after every shot.

Holy poo poo I was wondering who the gently caress kept talking to me whenever I killed someone or reloaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

causticBeet posted:

Just picked this up the other day and loving it so far, even if I'm dying all the loving time (as Salvador).

I vaguely remember in the first one that certain classes were more proficient with certain weapon types than other classes; is that still the case?

Gunzerker owns. I use dual SMGs to throw a WALL OF BULLETS and murder everything. 1 slag SMG then another of your favorite elemental damage.

Only thing that sucks with using 2 of the same weapon type is you chew through your SMG ammo twice as fast.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Pitchford retweeted my pumpkin a couple hours ago. I feel as if my life is complete. Or something.

Here's my Borderumpkin! http://t.co/ZUStYYEV

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The only thing worse than bonerfarts are people who complain about the word bonerfart being used in the game.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just dupe it.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Code just worked for me so its still good as of 8am PST.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ugh, I'm 46 and beat TVHM in my game with a buddy. Now whenever I try to play solo, everything is scaled to 50 and rapes me. Is there anyway to play PT2.0 and not 2.5? It's annoying to HAVE to play in someone elses game until level 50.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Stop releasing codes while the west coast is still working you gently caress :argh:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Draile posted:

Why does Terra and apparently this guy drop loads of Eridium when you'll have bought all the upgrades by the time you're able to kill them?

Pitchford said that they're going to add more stuff for you to use eridium on in the future.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Lowtax posted:

nope, nothing. I'll try deleting it and redownloading it again I guess.

I had this happen on DLC1. You have to let the Xbox sit on the download screen. It won't download in the background, at least in my experience. It would show it on my hard drive, but Oasis never showed up in my fast travel network.

As for the Torgue DLC, I played about 45 minutes of it this morning. If you think Mr. Torgue constantly yelling about explosions and his pecs is hilarious, then you will love it. It's hilarious. I can't wait to play more tonight.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Wait for the guitar solo to enter the arena though.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

You forgot EXPLOSIONS!!!!!

AND FOR FUCKS SAKE, EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Are we going to have to farm to have enough tokens for a vending machine orange? I just beat Pyro Pete and have a grand total of 30 so far. Seems like a lonnnng way to go for the 600-something.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Console version is on sale for $25 on walmart.com today.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Moxxi slots. That is the only possible answer.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Going to have to agree. The token system is ok, but the items are way too expensive. I have free time to play maybe 4 hours a week. It would literally take me 6 months to buy an orange from the vending machine. And that's without buying any other token weapons in the meantime too.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Bugsy posted:

The level 3 Bar Brawl takes less than 3 minutes to do and gives 20 tokens as the reward. And the badasses usually drop 5~ tokens as well. That's around 100 tokens every 15 minutes. Just watch out for the Rat Bastards that steal your cash.

You don't understand. In the very few hours I do have available to me to play video games in a week, I'd rather be doing things that don't involve killing the same mobs over and over for hours. That's not fun.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: 5TW3B-HFH6W-W6BJB-TTJJB-BX3RS
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: K3W33-5SX59-69R36-563T3-H6WTT
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5BB-FT5HW-J5CWT-HBCB3-BC5XK

e: These are Facebook codes.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 1, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

e: ^^ :argh:

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5TK3J-HJZCZ-F9XJX-KFB3B-KTBWW [Active for 3 Hours: http://t.co/WpyHNafk]

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5BKBT-T6K9W-TKCKT-H353J-XTRHZ [Active for 3 Hours: http://t.co/WpyHNafk]

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I just redeemed both on SexBox

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

surrender posted:

Same here, got both 360 codes.

Dumb question: is it possible to change the left-handed weapon while Gunzerking? It's kind of a hassle to fire at Buzzards while equipped with a grenade rifle in one hand.

Up and right on the D-pad changes your right-hand weapon. Left and down for your left hand. Or something like that.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah I hate all that shooting stuff in my shooting game too.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

I do not...I only have the vanilla game, but I am considering buying Torgue for the vending machine legendaries and soloable raid boss.

Don't forget EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

GET BACK UP ON YOUR MEAT HAUNCHES

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

How long does it take until the buzzaxe isn't terrible? I'm 13 and it takes like 10 swipes to kill anyone. I rarely ever use it unless I need health and have an enemy that's almost dead.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

delpheye posted:

What did you put your points in?

Bloodlust, or whatever. The magazine increasing skill, and then the damage reduction one while in rampage. I'm only 13 so I don't have many points to dick with yet.

Fibby Boy posted:

Are you using a bladed weapon? Cause the blade accessory overrides the +500% melee bonus from buzz axe rampage.

Nope.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

delpheye posted:

I'd try Mania or Hellborn at that low level. Bloodlust is kind of like Gaige's Anarchy tree in that its advantages aren't apparent until you can get further down the tree. The Mania tree can increase your melee damage permanently from tier 1.

Yeah I was just dicking around with the talent trees and it looks like Mania may have what I need for now. Thanks!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

New DLC is a ton of fun. I currently have a fractured rib IRL and I want to die from all the laughing I'm doing.

:torgue:
Mister Torgue............... FLEXINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:torgue:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

I completely lost it at Torgue's reaction to the blimp getting burned down. He's so extravagantly pleased that you can't help but be pumped, despite how unbelievably stupid and counterproductive the quest is. Also, "find less atrociously sexist armour" had me in loving stitches.

Because - REASONS!!!!!!!!

I don't know how far you are, so I'll put this behind spoilers. I'm about 2 hours into the DLC and the best area so far is the one named That One Blimp You Destroyed. Hilarious.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

400-some MB for the compatibility pack then 1.77GB for the DLC (xbox).

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Spergminer posted:

Wailing depths, the four platform trap, I've used 2M$ on dying again and again and again and please tell me that there is another way to do this.

edit: Second platform, I cannot get to the third without being crushed by the ceiling or other platform.

Platforms 1 and 3 are in sync, as are 2 and 4. The 2 sets of platforms go at 2 different speeds, so you do have to sit there and watch them for a couple cycles until you have them where you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

feraltennisprodigy posted:

Man, this game can be pretty hard when you're playing solo. Right now I'm trying to play through the Torgue DLC at level 36-37 in PT2 and my equipment is just not good enough. I die super fast to the robot enemies and I don't deal enough damage to beat the mission where you have to take out Flyboy's helicopters and steal his stuff within 5 minutes. Is there an easy way to get some dece equipment quickly? I haven't been to Sanctuary yet in this playthrough.

This is one thing that always bugged me. It's basically balanced around someone having top-end purple/orange gear, which, if you're not duping, takes a really long time and is not feasable for your average player. Just playing solo and getting downed in 1 shot isn't fun.

• Locked thread