Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Playing as my Lv 38 Maya in Normal, trying to clear out the arenas. On the way to the Creature Arena, killed Pimon (sp?) and got my first orange. Lv 20 Swiss Deliverance (Tediore shotgun) that homes in on an enemy when you reload.

Finally found my first item for the secret stash, methinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
As of this post, code above for 360 is still working.

Also, I've come to the conclusion of gently caress the arenas unless you are overleveled or in a group.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
I tend to agree. I'm nowhere near 50 yet but using the chest while leveling up can help you out of a tight spot if the right items spawn (shield with elemental resist, +900 health, and under 1.3 recharge delay? Yes, I'll take that and plow through Eridium Blight when I was in FFYL every fifteen seconds otherwise, thank you very much!).

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Both codes still good on 360 as of this post too.

Many thanks for getting them posted here, good goons.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Never mind. Beaten thoroughly.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
In my TVHM playthrough, I had the second of the four assassins fall into an abyss when I thoughtlocked a Super Badass Psycho and the temporary ally knocked him off the platform in the one spot that there was no railing.

Save and quit, return to the game, the quest item was on the ground and I didn't have to beat either of the first two assassins again (I had not shut down my 360 yet; YMMV). So it's not like Fallout 3 where some quests are impossible to finish due to glitches--at least in my experience.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Hadn't seen these posted yet...

SHiFT codes for new skins, as seen on Facebook:

Maya (Fright of the Bumblebee)
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

Salvador (Killer Bee)
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR

The other three will be posted during the day; Axton is next at 2 PM Central US.

Codes are active through Nov. 4 (Sunday), 11:55 pm Central US time.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
New code for Axton (Yellowjacket):

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

This code will be active until Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 11:55PM CT -- find out what time that is for you here: http://bit.ly/Sb8Ogf

NOTE: Upon redeeming the above SHiFT code, the corresponding item will be added to your inventory the next time you load or create a character. If you have redeemed multiple SHiFT codes and queued up multiple inventory items, one will be added to your inventory each time a character is loaded. (This is what the above poster was referring to, I believe.)

Next code at 4 PM Central US (about two hours from this post).

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 31, 2012

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Fourth code is up for Zer0's skin.

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KBKB3-J3R5J-BKCKT-H3W33-9F56C

Same rules as before.

Gaige's comes up in two hours.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 31, 2012

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Since I haven't seen anyone post the last codes (and I was stuck on Trick-or-Treater duty the last hour)...

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJWTB-FZK5T-TKKWT-ZJ5B3-X56B9

These are for the Mechromancer. Also expires on Nov. 4 around midnight Central US.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
I've had that glitch on the 360, usually in Bullymong piles or a small refrigerator-type chest. Had it once on a Zed machine. Doesn't affect the game except to make you pause for a minute and ask if that should hold a quest/legendary item.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

TheTofuShop posted:

So help me out here, I'm playing a 47 Siren and I'm at the part in TVHM where you fight Bloodwing. I can get it down to about 60%, but every time the drat thing Divebombs or attacks, it one shots me (or leaves me with like ~1000HP), and Sprinting when its dive bombing doesn't seem to get me away fast enough to avoid the damage. Phaselocking it only does the spike damage, and I always seem to have no other enemies to kill to get a Second Wind going. My friends have all already moved on to some other game, and I'm stuck doing this solo. Is there a better strategy to doing this fight? Or do i just need to find someone to help me out?

I might not be much help either (Siren @ Lv 40 with no legendaries) but I could respec into the healer tree if you think another body will help. GT is same as my screen name here if you're interested.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
gently caress the TVHM Gluttonous Thresher on solo.

That is all.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Going to start adding names myself. Looking to get into a 4-player game at some point. Currently have a 42 Siren (TVHM), 16 Mechromancer, 9 Commando, and 7 Gunzerker (who isn't even off the Southern Shelf yet). I don't have an assassin because I haven't gotten the knack of his Deception ability yet. Have no problem starting a new character either.

GT is ShadowedFlames

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Splits, if I'd have known you were going to hop in earlier, I'd have swapped back to my Siren. I was just getting my Zerker to Sanctuary when you joined in; didn't realize you were going to come in with a maxed Paige that would have fit better in TVHM.

My bad, sir.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Thanks to Dpush for a fun couple of hours. Not sure if your friend who duped a fuckton of items is a goon, but if not please pass on my thanks to him as well.

If so, well...consider yourself thanked. I'm still not sure where to begin with those items.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Medicinal Penguin posted:

That was me, glad to help. Anyone up for some lower level ~20-40 stuff later tonight?

I'd be down for that. I have a Gaige at the lower end of that range. My main is just outside it (44).

GT is ShadowedFlames, I'm online right now and about to swirch back over to BL2.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Yeah, I did the DLC before finishing Normal mode. I thought the DLC was higher on the cash by design since we're talking about pirate booty and all, which usually means a lot of cash. Normally scaling the levels wouldn't result in that big of a jump. (Also, think about the sheer number of chests in the DLC.)

Regarding the experience, the extra couple of levels will be inconsequential. I wouldn't worry about feeling overleveled.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Adregan posted:

Both codes posted earlier an just recently are still active if people think they missed out.

I find that surprising. I expected both codes to be void by now; they worked fine just five minutes ago. Longest "key codes" I've seen last--the skins codes are another matter.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Feeble posted:

That reminds me, what is everyone's current badass rank? I kind of want to know for sake of comparison. Can't check my own atm, on my phone at uni.

My Badass Rank is just shy of 13,200 at this point, and I've yet to get a character to 50. I'm about 2,000 XP away from level 46 on my main, looking to spend this election night trying to get to Lv 47 (operative word there is "try") before closing up shop for the day.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Well, I thought BNK-3R was going to be difficult with the Siren on TVHM. More grind than difficult when you are only hitting on a crit for 62K a pop. Good news is grinding (solely to get the missions done) at Opportunity, Thousand Cuts and at the Bunker site was more lucrative XP-wise. Up to Level 48 now, think there's a possibility without excess grinding that I could hit 50 before reaching the end of TVHM.

Think I have my goal for the extended weekend now.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

BGrifter posted:

Most bosses can be sniped while underlevelled from a relatively safe spot if you're patient. For Bnk3r on my Siren I just stuck to the bottom deck near the vending machines and plinked him down. The Warrior can also be shot from outside of his room if you jump up on the wall to the left of the drop down to his room.

I stuck to the waterfall; his mortars would go to either one side or the other. The one time he parked at the bottom of the platform, I wedged myself in the little nook where the ceiling support met the ground and just popped out when the fire had stopped to get a few shots in. The Phaselock (Ruin) was quite helpful to get rid of those drat auto-cannons.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

brickswereshat posted:

Can I get a hand with the 2.0 Bloodwing fight? I'm getting creamed. 360 GT Nomnom1975, game is public, ATM.

Done and done. Waiting on you good sir.

EDIT: You're welcome. Did you ever try that orange grenade mod that dropped? Kind of curious to find out what was special about it. If you were using it right before we stopped, then I missed the effects of it.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 8, 2012

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

brickswereshat posted:

It was a relatively high-damage corrosion grenade that spawned little homing corrosion grenades after a second or 2. It worked really well against the Hyperion Bot Army.

Sounds like something I could have used had I found it a week ago. Glad to see it came in handy then.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
And that makes one character through to 2.5 mode, with most of the quests still intact.

If anyone needs a hand through some of the tougher fights (Bloodwing in particular comes to mind) or attempt a little Flesh-Stick boosting, feel free to ask. 360 GT is same as my username here, if you send on a friend request please make sure to tell me you're a goon or I will probably ignore it.

In the meantime, time to give Terramorphous a shot before doing the DLC material on 2.5 mode.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Cerebral Wolf posted:

How do you get 2.5 set up? Just run though 2.0 without doing anything other than story quests?

You can do some side quests. Whatever ones you decline (or don't even talk to the quest giver for that quest) will jump to 50.

The "accepted" practice is to do sidequests that award Eridium, a face/skin, or green-tier weapons for the extra XP, since quite a few blues are unique rewards (Law, Order, Scorpio, Firehawk shield, etc).

Tofu: I honestly do not know. My gut says yes but I cannot confirm/deny that.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

DarkstarIV posted:

Randy did an interview in the latest issue of Game Informer. A big thing to note is that he talked about the eventual nerf to the bee shield. He said they won't be changing its upside at all, but fixing its downside. Whatever that may be. Still no solid date on the nerf, just that its coming.

Think I read somewhere that the downside of The Bee is that your shots weaken when the shield is depleted or charging. I have not tried to see if this is true however. If it is, making that worse (say, 1 damage a shot) may be what he's referring to. This is all just speculation on my part though.

Twiin posted:

Is there a list of these anywhere?

I just went by the quest list in the menu, where you see what the reward is on the bottom left in picture form.

----------

EDIT: Found where I'd read the possible Bee downside: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Weapon_Effects_Borderlands_2

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 9, 2012

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
One video I saw of a Vermivorous fight showed that it took a group of four almost 25 minutes for it to spawn, and in the meantime had 3 Ultimate Badasses, 3 Super Badasses, and 2 regular Badasses on the field at the same time before one decided to spawn. I'm not sure you'd have luck with pubbies on that account. Basically it's a time thing unless you get lucky and get it to spawn quickly (~ 3 minutes at the least).

I might get into that tonight after a Terra run (looking for Terra's Siren mod) and if I'm not otherwise occupied in game.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

abaddonis posted:

I might have seen that same video. Did they first try in the Tundra and eventually move to Caustic Caverns because Mordecai killed the Ultimate Badass Varkid?

Nope. They stayed in the Tundra throughout. The player we were watching (a Siren) died quite a few times in the video.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
I got past the thresher as Maya on TVHM by spawning Loaders and letting the thresher aggro on them, and kept in the back with a shock weapon to take out shields if needed. By the time the Loaders were destroyed, the thresher was down to about 70% health, and my flame shotgun I had at the time was enough to do the trick. I had no legendaries at this point of the game.

Still cost me about 25 respawns and close to 40 minutes of time before I got lucky enough to finish it off after the initial Loader moonshot blitz.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
In about a half-dozen fights with Warrior, I've yet to see an orange drop. In two fights with Terra? Mecho mod and Siren mod--my secondary and primary characters. Much rather farm Terra at that rate.

From what I've read, I'm not too keen on Vermi's Siren mod, but I'm keeping an open mind until I see one. Whether I mean the mod or Vermivorous is for you to interpret.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Somebody posted:

Shift codes as of 2 hours ago (still works):

PS3: CBWJ3-6HRZJ-6ZJK3-9BKBT-WH3FZ
X360: CBWJ3-6HRWR-3XRJ6-5FJBT-WH3H6

Reposting on this page as the 360 code just worked for me.

Regarding Terra, that may be the case. I wasn't aware it was possible.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

TheJetCityFix posted:

Anyone on xbox that can help boost my son and I? I can return the favor

Placebo20

I'm not doing much at the moment. GT is same as my screen name here; give me a moment to get to the Tundra Express and I'll be ready.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Wish they would have gone in further detail about the Flesh-Stick fix; I'd like to know what to expect when the patch hits consoles.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

ClemenSalad posted:

Maybe they make it so you don't get XP for his death until you shock him for good.

That makes an absurd amount of sense, now that you've said it.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

stormrider posted:

Gah, anyone able to power level me from 47 to 50 tonight? Maybe 8pm Pacific? GT: Stormrider

I would, but that's 11 pm Eastern and I'd likely be in bed or close to it due to having to be up at 5 am Eastern. Bloody work. If you get on earlier, I might be able to help even if only for a bit.

That said, if anyone wants some boosting tonight in light of the eventual 360 patch, I'll be around from about 6 pm Eastern to about 11 pm. I might initially be on my alternate character, but if you let me know you're a goon I'll switch to my Siren and we'll get down to business.

GT is same as my username.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
My Siren's having the same issue. Quests are in the 40's with enemies at 50. Haven't played much of the DLC on TVHM so I can't report on how the rewards are handled.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

kalamaf posted:

Sweet! I'm gonna go do that right now, thanks!

edit: that didn't work, it counts down the time normal and fades out. back to the grind for me.

My last achievement is all sidequests in the DLC, anyone want to do Hyperious and Master Gee?

If I knew the strategies for them, I'd be willing. As it is, I'd have to pass.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

brickswereshat posted:

How does the process of duping go? Please explain as if you're speaking to a brain-damaged chimpanzee. I have 2 grenade mods Corrosive Nasty Surprise and Rolling Thunder), 2 zerker Terramorphous class mods, a Bee and a CC to share. GT on 360 is Nomnom1975

That Rolling Thunder grenade mod is nice. A friend got one at a lower level and it was a huge help in the Creature Slaughter Dome on normal.

Anyhow, I have a Baby Maker, Maggie, Impaler shield, Hide of Terra shield, Bonus Package grenade mod, Fire Bee grenade mod, and/or a Siren Terra mod I'd be willing to offer in exchange for the aforementioned Rolling Thunder (because gently caress stalkers). Give it a thought and if I happen to catch you online we can work out specifics. I have other items but those are the ones I know off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
The codes on the previous page (pg. 27) are still good on the 360 as of about 2 minutes ago.

• Locked thread