Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
After leveling my mecromancer to 50 I now think it's time to play some of the dlc (just bought the season pass).
Im "burnt-pork" on the ps3.

zapper class 4 lyfe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Thank you to the goon who helped me complete the story quests for the pirate DLC. Now I get to do the sidequests all alone. :unsmigghh:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Thanks man, but I'm on PS3 \/:shobon:\/

Look me up on ps3 if you still want that DP Harold "burnt-pork".
--

Anyone want one of the new shock dlc weapons as well (Twister, Yellow Jacket)? Farming has been kind to me. :3:
Also got the new seraph shotgun Interfacer (Electric Critical :getin:) if someone is interested in that.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 6, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Hey, if any psGoon out there needs lv. 50 shock weapons let me know. I've been building a decent collection for my mecromancer. That last patch for seraph items made the Tattler murderous (4440 x 3 shock damage smg :getin:)

psn: burnt-pork

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

The Duke posted:

Been searching for my last slag spore to complete "I Like My Monsters Rare" for like a week now, this is loving horrible. I've done everything else on Big Game Hunt except kill this single monster :negative:

Go to Ardorton Station. Those big spores usually spawn there.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Try getting one of the new Tattler (Bandit smg) at the Oasis vendor. A decent elemental one does 4440x3 dmg per shot. Also comes with a blade attachment.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

It's a legendary grenade mod the drops from the not-TMNT(Tannis's escaped test subjects mission): http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Front

E: I made a video of what I feel is the fastest way to grind in the entire game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4OvPq-AVvo

What, no bee shield? :smug:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

Does Gwen's Head stop spawning after you find the first one in The Dust, or can you get multiples? The wiki seems torn about this, so I'm polling here.

You can get multiple. If you're farming them, go to Lychwood and exit into The Dust. The box sometimes spawns to the right of the stairs.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

So while farming Hyperious is definitely faster, I can't help but feel that Pyro Pete just has a better drop rate. I got a hornet, doc's mercy, sledge's shotgun, 2 bonnies, a firebee, a gnasher, and an unkempt harold in the span of normally running out of eridium.

Use the elevator to kill yourself if you dont mind the respawn fee.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
You can also do it solo if you have a 2nd controller. Just make sure your host character doesn't auto-save!
But, since you're gonna glitch anyways, why not do the shift code glitch for e-tech/purples?

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

delpheye posted:

shift code glitch?

You need a second controller and at least one key for the chest in Sanctuary. When your second character joins the game they will get an extra 10 keys for some mysterious reason. When you get to 1 key remaining just quit as the second character/controller and reload to repeat the process. Doesn't matter the level of the host since the loot level scales to the guy opening the chest. Enjoy farming relics/e-techs.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

raditts posted:

How does it help if the second character gets the keys? You can't trade them, can you?

The second character would be your highest leveled character. So if 1st player if your lv. 30-something char. (already in Sanctuary), and 2nd player is your lv. 50 char.; then your lv. 50 char. gets delicious keys to open that chest over and over again. You can do this over and over again as long as you don't spend the last key.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Sorry for not specifying each console has its specific way. I really didn't know :doh:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Any goon have experience with a Corrode-build for Maya? I'm slowly, but surely collecting corrode gear (Teapot, Slow Hand, etc). But, is it viable at lv.50? I really don't want to use a fire-build. :ohdear:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

TwystNeko posted:

Thanks, that helped a ton! On to Overlook!

Also: Whoever is burnt-pork, thanks for the help! :D

No problem! If you need any mechromancer gear at lv. 50 let me know.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

2 things regarding e-Tech:

1) Did anyone think to get a blASSter or PRAZMA CANNON during the Lootacolypse? Those things are my white whales.

You on ps3? I just got a PRAZMA CANNON (shock) from the treasure room, but it's a bit underwhelming tbh. I also got topneaas of every element farming for it :getin:

edit: If any one wants a topneaa let me know (psn: burnt-pork)

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

Thanks, but I'm on the 360. Also, did you notice that the 3 energy spheres drop teeny little spheres across their arc? All the Bandit e-Tech stuff that's not a pistol deviates a bit from the usual.

They drop the bonus orbs, but you really need to shoot it in a high arc to get more than 3 to show up. I wouldn't really use it for enemies in short/medium range since the extra orbs will just hit the ground.

Most the e-tech bandit weapons are lackluster. Homering darts never hit what you want, casters are only nice if you're a mechro since the bullets naturally ricochet, and BlASSter accuracy /damage is pretty low too.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 13, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

You have totally missed the charm of Bandit e-Tech crap [Spending an entire minute trying to kill one Psycho and killing everything but said Psycho by way of stray ricocheting energy bursts].

You don't play a Gunzerker, do you? :colbert:

haha, yeah, I spent most (ALL) of my time playing with my mechromancer. My only concern is watching delicious blue numbers above enemies' heads and how not to gently caress up my anarchy stacks. You'd think I'd at least like the bandit caster, but why use it when there's a perfectly good Tattler in my inventory? (4440x3 per 1 shot :getin:)

Seneschal posted:

I'm trying to remember if I've ever found a Bandit weapon I liked. Never seen a level 50 gold of theirs. I think I had a really awesome rocket launcher once from them at an earlier level.

Maybe you're thinking of the Badaboom. It's a great rocket launcher since it uses only 1 ammo per shot and at least 6 ammo capacity.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 13, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I only hope we get at least 10 lvls/skill points when this level-cap increase happens. Oh, the possibilities :unsmigghh:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
The free event-gun (Chulainn) is awesome on a mechromancer and a black hole shield. You can use the gun's slag gimmick to quickly activate the nova/singularity effect from the black hole shield. But, on top of that you have "Blood Soaked Shields" to get your shield back up and set up another nova. :cool:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

diablos666 posted:

I'm up for any lvl 50 shenanigans. Still got a few legendaries I'd happily swap too. Xbox GT: Tony Val. Also, can anyone suggest a good Motion Tree spec for my Siren? Been running Cataclysm since starting and fancy a change.

try this: http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#055501455150050000000400000000

Use either a Legendary mod or Cat mod (smg +dmg/-acc). Legendary mod should reduce your phaselock CD immensely and Thoughtlock + Sub-Sequence should keep phaselock active long enough so you can get the full benefit of Wreck.

If you have a favorite smg go with the Cat mod for the increase to accelerate/mind's eye/wreck and a maximum of +94% smg dmg. It's a good idea to use a cool down rate relic.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Does this mean we get 11 more skill points? oh my god.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Im more worried about the new tier weapons' gimmicks and how mad Im gonna be when I can't get them to drop :mad:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

My girlfriend and I have been playing this game on co-op splitscreen, and I haven't tried playing my character in single player or with anyone else online, etc - we wanted to experience the game together.

But I bought the season pass and went into Oasis when she wasn't around just to check that everything was working with the DLC. What I was wondering is, when we play together next, will she get to see the cut scene as well or not? How exactly does this work in co-op playthroughs?

I'm pretty sure quests only saves for the host. So, just make sure she's player 1 (host) when starting the dlc.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=3875027#post3875027

Skill points confirmed :getin:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I wonder how deathtrap is gonna look like with 2 end-tier skills.

Here how he looks like with maxed out "Ordered Chaos":

Maxed "BFF":

Maxed "LBT":

burntpork fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 27, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

Seraph Weapons always seemed like they'd be amazingly powerful since they are hard to (legitimately) earn and require a lot of crystals per weapon, and since I've recently been able to farm raid bosses, I bought a few to see what they are like, and they are highly overrated.

I purchased the Shock Actualizer and the Shock Patriot from the Oasis Vendor, they are both indeed strong but they have horrific accuracy, and the Patriot is a sniper which is worse, my Shock Pimpernel, from the same DLC, is a hundred times more effective and that's a mere quest reward gun.

My main weapon is a Shock Sapping Kitten, and that has crazy poor accuracy at range yes, at close range, it has no equal though, and it heals you when you make a hit.

The only oasis seraph items worth getting are the Evolution and the Tattler.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Maybe an e-tech relic that increased elemental effect chance by a large amount (50%+). It would make some elemental-heavy builds a lot more fun.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 29, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
The prettiest siren in all of pandora :allears:

edit: Here's IGN's clearer video of the preview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6D8z4qYjz4

burntpork fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 29, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Here are tomorrow's updates:

PS3:
http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22127181-PlayStation-3-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

360:
http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-Xbox-360-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

quote:

Fixed a bug where players were able to do far more damage than intended by exploiting a buff from the Evil Smasher.

quote:

Fixed an exploit involving Vladof rocket launchers that could result in having infinite ammo for any weapon.
:cheers:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Co-op'd all the way to Control Core Angel with Marogareh and DrSmasher (I'm almost lv 55!).

Stalkers do not mess around.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Marogareh posted:

I could only imagine the giant clusterfuck that was me as melee Zero and two deathtraps going at them from someone else's point of view with explosions going all over the place. I just wish they'd hurry up and fix the love thumper glitch so I can actually kill poo poo without hurting team mates.

It's all good. I tried changing up my build with something other than Sharing is Caring, but my deathtrap just couldn't hold up as well. :smith:

edit: Part of the reason I crashed was because of all the nova-explosion madness.

edit2: gently caress Sawtooth Cauldron

burntpork fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 3, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
oh yes, maxing two trees for mechromancer changes both deathtrap's head and glowing color. Ordered Chaos and BFF gives dt a yellow glow and a skull with a mohawk. :black101:

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Beat the warrior on UVHM with my mechromancer :getin:

I recommend exploiting Brick when you start to finish Talon of God. Everything just kept blowing me up if I got too close.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Donny J posted:

What build did you run with? I'm still in the early stages (just beat Boom Bewm), and started with a BFF heavy build (up to Discord in OC and 5 Gorillas in LBT), but with the buff to slag I'm trying out a LBT heavy for Interspersed Outburst, with OC still up to Discord with the rest points going to go into BFF. It seems to be going a little bit better, but I'm still struggling a bit (doesn't help I didn't farm TVHM at all and have zero Legendaries).
Even at lvl 50, legendaries/uniques are very useful.

lvl 58:
5/5 Close Enough
5/5 Better Half
4/5 Pony, 1/1 Upshot, 5/5 Unstoppable Force
1/1 Clap
5/5 20% Cooler
1/1 Sharing is Caring

1/1 Anarchy, 4/4 SLF
1/5 Preshrunk, 1/1 Rampage, 4/5 BSS
5/5 Annoyed Android, 1/1 Discord, 4/5 Iconoclast
1/1 Rational
3/5 Nth Degree
1/1 With Claws

My primary weapon is the Chulainn since everything that hits me already put me in FFYL mode.
Shock Pimpernel for sniping, DP Harold for anything that resists chuliann, and last slot is any shock moxxi weapon.

I use the Blackhole Shield for crowd control (for DT too), and Quasar for even more singularity madness.

edit: Class mod is Speedy Punk for the increase to fire rate and +4 to Annoyed Android which is a great buff to DT (+63% movement speed :unsmigghh:)

burntpork fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 4, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Kifisonfire posted:

Just got a new Catalyst mod for my Mechro, and the Team Elemental damage is the same as my level 50 one. Can anyone confirm if they've had better stats on higher level mods, or are my level 50 mods going to be OK for the remainder of UVHM?

Found a lvl.61 Catalyst mod with +45% Team Elemental Effect Dmg, but with the same +6/5.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

The Duke posted:

Finally beat UVHM a few minutes ago. Sawtooth Cauldron to the end of the game was pretty much one giant stream of gently caress you and I think I died about 20 times on Hero's Pass alone. Granted, I was using level 50 gear all the way through for the most part but holy poo poo getting one shot by a constructor over and over again is just about the least fun thing I can think of. I ended up cheesing the Ultimate Badass Constructor 3.0 from extremely far away with a 120% crit burst sniper which whittled him down painfully slowly. I still have no idea how to kill these bastards efficiently on UVHM other than getting better gear in general. Even at ~56 I think sniper rifles are just terrible now. We'll see how this changes once I get a couple 61s but for now that sucks. I'm going to be sad if my favorite sniper, the Pimpernel, is useless on UHVM.

Got a 57 Impaler off The Warrior and other than the Slagga I got in the WEP earlier I didn't see a single other legendary or pearl the entire time.

You can also use weapons with hidden projectiles (DP Harold, Lead Storm, Sandhawk, pimpernel) and a bee shield to deal with them. That last constructor in hero's pass wasn't that bad if you run into that large container that it spawns next to and cheese it from there.

-----

The treasure room hasn't gotten me any desirable legendaries, but I did manage to get topenaas of every element so far! I really want the new pearl sniper (storm) for my mechromancer. I'm wondering how it will proc Interspersed Outburst with the explosion and tiny orbs of electricity it also spawns.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 6, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Marogareh posted:

I have one and a bone of the ancients with shock damage and cool down rate but I can't enter your game for some reason since it only says invite. I managed to get a legendary off a loot midget but it was the shittastic flakker that had the absolute worst fire rate and reload speed I have ever seen on a gun :negative:. At least tumba gave me a slag deliverance which is loving awesome in UVHM.

Cool, I'll send you a message when I get home. Got a murdering slagga and slag cc, and topneaas for you.

edit: Storm is everything I ever wanted and I now must respec around it.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 7, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Rudoku posted:

Doesn't Interspersed Outburst slag?

It's not a very reliable way to slag. At 5/5 skill points it has about 50% chance to slag 1 enemy you hit (if you left it to stack from 1 to 5). You can use a class mod to get up to 90%-100% (Slayer of Terramorphous and Technophile class mod), but you still have to wait for it to stack.

It also sucks if you play in close range since it only applies to one bullet, and you have to NOT shoot for it to re-stack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
UVHM is awesome. Just got a homing storm front (lv. 60) from the ammo vendor. :aaa:

• Locked thread