Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Night10194 posted:

All of those things are great, but the best is obviously thinking about someone holding still and being on fire and then having it happen just because you wanted it to. And then shooting them.

Maya, you are the greatest of space wizards.

Why are you stoping at just that? Why are you not suspending them in mid air, igniting him, bringing all his buddies to the party, then slagging, electrocuting, and corroding the whole lot of them all the while you're doing something like +150-200% damage with your gun (typically adding even more elemental DOT) and then when that guy you've phaselocked dies, he heals any damage you might have taken? Basically, Maya is the best :colbert:

edit: While Maya is a whole lot of fun to play, going back to BL1 for the first time in over 2 years reminded me how much fun phasewalking as Lilith is and wishing that somewhere down the line we'll get the chance to play as her again.

vvvv That's all well and good but I personally prefer a little creativity in my mass murdering of bandits ,local fauna, and robots. Running around simply shooting more bullets doesn't scratch that itch.

RageBeef fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Marogareh posted:

The one I'm looking for drops from Piston not Pete. He just straight up never appears if you've killed him already just like No beard.

Which drop is that? If it's the Slow Hand, that also drops from Badassasaurus Rex.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Infinotize posted:

Ah, the game that I have gotten countless hours of playtime out of (I should really just stop) has caused me some minor frustrations, and now I will whine about them.

Hammerlock DLC boss: Jackenstein is impossible! To me. I can get to the shootmeinthechest phase but can't really do enough damage until I get killed. Watching youtubes of people kill him it seems like my gear is all terrible, it takes me a few minutes of running around to kill the 2 barrels on his back, then shots don't do much at all when his chest opens up. I am on TVHM and hit 50 doing the DLCs, though I haven't done most of the main quest (not on playthrough 2.5). Oh I'm a melee assassin, I can usually kill groups of 50's without leaving hologram-mode or whatever with crazy melee damage and a +200% weapon, but bosses can be a problem and I can't seem to live long enough to land an execute on jackenstein's chest when it opens up.

So after being destroyed I thought hey I will go buy a nice level 50 torgue gun since I saved up enough tokens doing the bar brawl. All the torgue machines are giving level 45ish weapons. And there's no more torgue quests for me to do. I finished the all the non-repeatable torgue campaign missions at 45 or 46, am I screwed out of getting 50 weapons from the machine? At least the hammerlock missions are level 50 and giving level 50 items, is there any way to get torgue to 'scale?' My main quest is at 36 or so, I am assuming that will scale up once I complete the current mission and move on. I got a bunch of level 50 weapons from shift keys but they are kindof meh.

edit: spoiler, I guess?

Do you have a Lady Fist? Because that gun makes him trivially easy, like one second of direct fire to the chest will take him out.

• Locked thread