Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My problem with orange loot being so ridiculously rare is that there are only a few select ones that are actually worth how rare they are. If the issue isn't the fact that they're so rare to find, it's definitely that none of them do anything interesting except the ones that break the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The game has a Borderlands character in it, and it's in co-operation with Telltale and Valve, and you didn't expect there to be cross-game promotionals? What kind of world do you live in?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I want to know if other characters can somehow equip it. :stare:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a x5, but the numbers are either in the millions or have decimal places so the x in the x5 overlaps it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Most of the problem with characters like Krieg and Zero is that their action skills are melee-based in a game that has enemies that literally never touch the ground. There are even bosses that are never not flying at high speeds! Krieg solves some of this problem with being able to hurl his buzz axe but part of the reason I haven't played much Zero is because his action skill is a lot more situational than the other characters'.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ah, Brick. :allears: Slab slabbin' the slab slabbity slab slab, slab!

edit: the worst thing I've ever felt inclined to spoiler tag. Who knows, someone may be playing through for the first time thanks to the new DLCs. Or something.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you cross your fingers, wear a couple shrunken heads, perform an ancient satanic semicircle ritual, summon the god of loot drops, and hop on one foot while patting your head and rubbing your belly, there is a very slim chance that you will get what you are hoping for.

So basically, no, there's no trick.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I always kill Jack by jumping up and bouncing off his head. Finishing out the game with a good old fashioned goomba stomp is never not funny.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of, I just want to say that this is a great game to chill out to while you watch TV or youtube videos or whatever. Just mute the voices and maybe the music and you're gold! Shoot dudes, get loot, shoot more dudes with that loot!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Or you can solve the reloading issue entirely by rocking four Infinities of different flavors, the tradeoff of which is being completely insane from grinding Doc Mercy for five or six hours. :getin:

edit: Aw, gently caress! With Gaige's ammo reducting skills that are required to use the anarchy tree, the Infinity has 0 clip size and therefore cannot fire. :gonk:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 23, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
At higher levels, the shock explosions will completely vaporize enemies who are standing near each other. It's mostly useful for crowd clearing, but without a combination of the middle and left (maybe anarchy too?) trees, it won't be effective into the endgame.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Tiny Tina heads don't drop, they're doing something different with them this time around ('different' means shift codes). There's a save floating around with all the heads and skins from the DLC in its inventory if you want it. :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You will literally never get banned from Borderlands 2 MP (and it won't get you banned from Live either). They have no way to moderate that kind of stuff and even if they did, they've come forward to say that they aren't going to do anything about dupers and cheaters and the like anyway. They didn't explicitly say "if you run around at a hundred miles an hour and unlock all the skins without doing it legitimately you're still fine" but it's pretty much a given that they made multiplayer to be fun, not to be severely moderated.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And Gearbox continues to ignore the fact that they're already in the game's files and a lot of people already have all of them (except Krieg). They're really pushing Shift these days, aren't they? :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Whoops, I forgot this was the console thread. Still, making them drop ingame would have been much better than to shoehorn them into Shift codes. The fact that their "trying something new" ended up just being Shift codes was disappointing.

(Also, they're still in the game already regardless)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Each head has its own Dragon's Keep skin to go with it. I don't think there's any way to get them in the console version yet. They're all in the game already except for Krieg's which just gives the broken purple/white box non-texture when you equip it.

Honestly I think they should keep his that way. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kifisonfire posted:

Also when Tannis asks you to remove the onions DO NOT REMOVE THE CARROTS!!

Dare I ask why?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm so drat tempted to blow a hundred dollars on this loving chest. I love this game so much but god drat it dropping a hundred bucks for video game swag as an adult in 2013 hurts me in my arteries. :negative:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've finally finished all of the quests in Assault on Dragon Keep after putting it down for the longest time, and man it got un-fun super quick. At around level 35 or so the game suddenly just dropped all the entertaining gameplay and went "I hope you like skeletons that have more health than you do!" They're skeletons! It shouldn't take me two full assault rifle magazines to down one! :argh: I just hate how bullet-spongey everything becomes at higher levels. I'm sure I'd have enjoyed this one more if its recommended level was maybe mid-20s.

I guess I just didn't find the humor funny either. "Ha ha, video games!!" just doesn't ever sit right with me, which is part of the reason I also didn't enjoy Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. I really should have just gone on to playthrough 2 without finishing the last half but the completionist in me wouldn't let me do it. I'm not just disappointed in the game, I'm disappointed in myself :eng99:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 10, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DecentHairJelly posted:

It was 5000, now changed to 100,000. Also Flynt didn't drop a Dog for me. He instead dropped a Thunderball Fists???

That's his usual legendary drop. You got lucky! :toot:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
After about day four of the loot hunt I just plain lost interest. There's so many people participating that I've got basically nil chance of winning any of the prizes and nothing sucks the fun out of the game like "open the game, kill a thing, quit the game, go back to watching cat videos on YouTube".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Their strategy seems to basically be "Buff everything! loving buff everything!!!" in regards to how to balance Borderlands 2.

Edit: Except the Bee of course. Can't keep that one as strong as it was no sir.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
An appropriately poo poo way to end an appropriately poo poo event. :golfclap:

According to the ticker there's a bonus weekend coming tomorrow though so hey whatever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The golden chest always spawns purples or E-techs that are near or at your level, nothing else.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Tiny Tina DLC's slot machines also drop seraph crystals but only like one or two at a time and only if you get super lucky. :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There are three types of New-U stations in the game:

1. Ones that you can teleport both to and from. These will save your position and when you start up the game, you will respawn at the closest one to where you last saved and quit (or, uh, crashed as it were).

2. Ones you can teleport from, but not to. These will not save your position, but you will respawn at them if you die.

3. Normal ones without a teleporter. If you die, you respawn at these, but they will not save your position.

Basically, the whole stretch from Liar's Berg to Flynt is full of the third type which is kind of annoying in itself, which will become evident later on in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The ACTUAL, non whiny baby reason, is because sometimes games release earlier on consoles than on PC. Dark Souls, for example, had the console thread as the only thread because there wasn't a PC version until at least a year later.

• Locked thread