Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
All achievements done..next up, getting seraph weapons.
Also if anyone does need a CC or Bee (or even a bunch of random 50 OJ's) add my GT (Ashekaban) And send a message saying you need one. and ill get around to it eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

InFlames235 posted:

If anyone would be willing to power level me and my friend who are level 37, it would be extremely appreciated. We are currently LANing it up and are just trying to get to 50 ASAP. My gamer tag is BoyleFeeder22 and I'm online right now

If you are still looking feel free to add me. : Ashekaban

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Dr. Clockwork posted:

When I logged in, my lvl 32 Mechromancer who just killed the Warrior had all her skill points reset. Nothing else appears to be amiss, but it's really strange...should I be concerned?

Nope. It randomly happens at times. I regularly have to reset mine switching mode to mode.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Feeble posted:

That reminds me, what is everyone's current badass rank? I kind of want to know for sake of comparison. Can't check my own atm, on my phone at uni.

EDIT: obviously not yours, dewgy. We all know what yours is now :smug:
sorry for your loss dude, that must suck.

Kicking at 24-6k right now.
Missing one full challenge from my Zero to finish (only need 2 more ranks in it) and i am finished.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Reveilled posted:

To be honest if you're going to get a gaming tattoo, picking a memorable character may not be the best idea. At least with this, he can say to people "hey look at my cool tattoo of an angel with an electronic motif" without having to mention that she's a video game character. Same with the wrist chains, people would just assume that's a cool design.

But if you put Princess Zelda on your arm, people who know who Princess Zelda is will think you are very sad for putting a video game character on your arm, and people who don't know who Princess Zelda is will think you are very sad for putting an anime princess on your arm, and people who don't know what either of those things are will ask you "who's that on your arm?" and then you have to explain that it's Princess Zelda, that she's a character from a video game, and why you care about Princess Zelda so much you had to put her on your arm. And then the person you explain that to will immediately jump to the conclusion that you are secretly whacking it to pictures of Princess Zelda every night.

My yoshi tattoos would like a word with you. Then again it's baseball themed and because yoshis story was my first game I purchased with my money.

I really love that bad rear end ranks can be turned on and off. And the difference is actually sizeable.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Gaige's twitter echoes have been taken over by torque. It's time for an announcement soon!!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

There's an arena with matches in it, but there's stuff outside of it as well.

And there are sponsors which you do quests to get. And the arena's are basically gigantic FFA's where tons of ridiculous stuff happens.

Kotaku has a slightly spoiler preview. They figure 6-8 hours of DLC

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Mr Phillby posted:

It looks like you can repeat the tier 3 challenges for 20 tokens a pop.

On another note, gently caress the tier 3 race challenge. I run out of time a couple of seconds before the finish line, even when the car doesn't randomly flip out some bit of the geometry and when I manage both short-cuts. Also enemies randomly spawn on the track.

get another controller set up. have it sit before the checkpoint before the starting point in a car
race til you get to the point before the bridge, once you hit that checkpoint, pick up other controller and finish the race with time to spare.

---------------

Beat the story side of the DLC last night, Not a bad DLC, some of my favorite parts included.

Bar Brawl
tTina quests

Still have the post game stuff to do. But now that i learnt of these "Switches" against Petev2. Should make it a lot easier. Me and a friend got him down to about 60% by tediore reloading him to death. (Side note : He is vulnerable to slag).

Ashekaban fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 21, 2012

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

You don't need to do the Level specific challenges.

Only the Gun / Killing ones.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Officer CockKnuckle posted:

And I call bullshit on finishing it in 3 hours.

Started at 7pm. Finished all of it minus, the multi hunt quest in 3 hours.(which Is the worst quest idea ever)

It's do-able.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Kifisonfire posted:

Big Boom Blaster for sure. Rocket ammo is limited enough as it is. I only tend to find it on the sides of weapon chests.

I talked about how I wasn't impressed with the DLC before, but one thing I will say is that they're teasing a pay-off for the Seraph storyline really well. I went up to the Seraph vendor in the Lodge and he said "Eriduim isn't the only thing that the opening of the vaults created". I hope that's the first "Knoxx-size" DLC.

Also is the second Invincible worth spawning for 84 Eridium?

Big loot explosion. Eats bullets at lvl34 on normal (500k hits times about 2000 to kill him).
Only did it on normal to check it out so I assume legendary is ridiculous.

Does anyone know the spawns of the "special" baddies for the quest?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

The only Seraph boss I've made a decent stab at fighting was Hyperious, I gave up after a while since his HUGE AoE blasts were ripping me to pieces, Raid Bosses are fine in MMO's, but I don't know why they put them in Borderlands 2, and so many of them!

Yes I know BL1 had Crawmerax but he was a lot fairer than these guys.

Hyperion has a broken Nova which will insta down you. He's probably the most unfair one.
They all have gimmicks that make fighting them easy(er) and done with groups of people. Its the fact their drops are terrible, much like the drops of everything in this game.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

A Strange Aeon posted:

What would the game be like without easy, riskless duping? Clearly they designed that trade function for some kind of bartering, and one of the loading screen tips mentions dueling for choice loot.

It seems like everybody uses basically the same high tier equipment, rather than any of the billions of guns they advertised. I think that's probably more a balance issue than a duping one, but with how rare the orange drops are, I think duping definitely factors into it.

Its mostly just because the special effects are much better this time around. In Blands 1 you could find red effects on random guns, with infinite ammo, different shot patterns, etc.
Where as now, you need the orange guns to get those effects, and it ruins it personally.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

HAmbONE posted:

This is what I do since I've just been solo'ing so much. I play splitscreen but only with a silver account so I can't be on live. The 2nd account characters still start with my pre-order +5% better loot artifact. Plus it's a soldier and when I finally find a mod of its level it can start giving me bonuses. I just spawn it and go through missions. It's about lvl 23 just messing around and it ups the challenge slightly.

note : The artifact doesnt do anything.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Dross posted:

Somewhere deep back in this thread is an actual explanation of the math, but what it came down to is that it mostly means more greens, but even that at a negligible rate.

Yeah, its better to use an actual relic in that slot, then deal with that hunk of garbage. nobody wants greens anyways

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

FistEnergy posted:

Thanks, but let me rephrase:

I know the loot is leveled, so at what approximate level will I stop leveling so quickly that I outgrow the item in a heartbeat?

...uhm. 50!
levelling kinda stays the same most of the game until 40.

but most guns you get from there regardless of level will last you 5-10 levels.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Ok, I've just started Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and these bullshit enemies are really getting on my nerves. It pisses me off that these tribals' wooden shields somehow negate all my damage from my Good Touch. I've got a good Torgue explosive shotgun to make fighting these guys somewhat bearable, but I just came across my first Vampire Witch Doctor and it ended with me throwing 8 grenades and hoping for the best while grumbling to myself about how Gearbox doesn't do playtesting. What am I supposed to do to beat these things reliably? His mask deflects my bullets, I can't do anything to counter his bat swarm, and whenever I've almost killed one it just drains my health faster than I can damage it.

sniper rifle from a distance into his head from afar?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Time to figure this one out!

I havent played this game in awhile since i got burnt out on them taking the easy power leveling, but did try krieg, and he seems like a blast (lvl 1-20 doing heros pass on UTVHM). So i might have to level up everyone to 61...hint hint!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Successfully beat terramorphus on uvhm. My brain hurts from figuring out how to do it.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

So I just watched a video of some guy finding and using The Butcher on UVHM at level 61. Then I watched the guy use the thing for a while, one of the highest DPS weapons in the game, and it still took him at least a clip to kill a single normal enemy.

Yeah, I think I'm done with this game.

Slag is your only friend.
seriously. slag is a must at any point.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
i got some 61 stuff i can drop if anyone needs.
ashekaban on xbox. just lemme know who you are and any requests

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I'm almost out of space on my Playstation 3. If I delete the DLC that I've already completed, will this gently caress up my save/characters?

You wont be able to go to them until you have gotten the DLC again. Characters should be fine.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

broken boy soldier posted:

I realized I made the mistake of asking for help right when the DLC came out...hope you guys are enjoying it and I will be purchasing it soon. In the meantime though I would still be very grateful if any goons could dupe me some legendary gear. I love playing as a shock mechro but without any high level stuff I cannot for the life of me solo any of the raid bosses, and as such have not had any success finding good gear. I'm level 50 and would like to be able to kill some raid bosses before trudging into UVHM/ grabbing the DLC and playing through that.

360? i think i still have some. ashekaban on xbox and i can give you a hand at some point, i will be micless as theres some construction stuff going on around the house. just lemme know what exactly you are looking for

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

haveblue posted:

Is the new DLC supposed to spawn level 55 enemies in TVHM? That guy took forever to kill and I doubt I'd have been able to do it at all if he hadn't constantly fought the other enemies and mysteriously stopped moving for no reason sometimes.

On occasion the game will.

Then again, i was fighting a level 74 tree at some point doing a quest(which was hilarious)

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Am I a bad person for not liking Anarchy, or would I just be better off witching to someone else? I love everything else about Gauge, but I like being able to hit my target more often than not.

Anarchy isnt really a need, I believe my Mechro has 1 point in it (because i had a spare so why not), You can build a perfectly Viable Gaige without anarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Jake Blues posted:

SHiFT codes are unlike XBOX360 codes, in that multiple people can claim the code while it is active.
I do not think they have placed a limitation on how many times the SHiFT code can be redeemed: only once per account, per code.

THey have some that are good for 5000 uses, some for 10000, some for 1000. It all depends what they set it at. Most of the ones that dont have an ammount are 5000.

• Locked thread