Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Alright who was the moron that decided to bring back the best purple shotgun from the first game (Sledge's Shotgun) and get rid of its knockback ability? That's just dumb and without that I can't think up any reason to possibly use the new version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Whoever said using the Chulainn in TVHM wasn't worth the risk is objectively wrong. On my Shock mechro I can rip through just about everything using only that weapon. loving love this smg.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Bobfly posted:

Hm. I tried playing this with my brother, but we only played the beginning bits, and he got bored really quickly. Said he didn't understand a thing of what was going on, and he hated the fact that he had to read things to understand what was going on (which I found strange, considering the amount of time he spends with World of Warcraft, but whatever). Maybe it's because he played Zer0 as a sniper, I don't know. Sniping always seemed a bit boring to me. But I really like this game, and I'd like to play it with him, so... Any ideas to what I can do to entice him to play playstation games with me? Play ahead a bit and get him in at a slightly later stage?

To be fair, though, I'm not a big fan of how much of the view you lose in splitscreen either.

Get him to try gunzerker. Specifically, have him try at the bare minimum a level five gunzerker. It's great since it doesn't require much reading to get right as opposed to deception or sniping in general. If he doesn't find that fun then obviously he doesn't understand fun.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I just want more of the cool ones, honestly. Most purples I have put out stupid amounts of damage. They might not be ideal for soloing Giantdingus the Unbelievable for ultimate DPS gamebreaker cannons or whatever, but poo poo, who cares? I want more guns that shoot bullets in flapping bird-wing patterns, or hop along the ground making GBS threads grenades because that rules.

I want a tediore launcher that launches smaller guns at enemies.

Edit: Or a torgue relic that causes all of your melee attacks to create miniature nuclear explosions.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 25, 2012

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

GammaShade posted:

There's a Torgue shield that does essentially this in the Scarlett DLC. It's called Manly Man.

I don't remember this shield yet I played the dlc. Think I need to go back through it and pick up this shield.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Edit: Nevermind. Answered my own question.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 29, 2012

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I just take the skill that allows me to keep Gunzerking when I'm in FFYL. Really puts the truth into Salvador's "THIS DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING; YOU'RE STILL GONNA DIE!" bit. I've found that keeping a rocket launcher in one of my slots helps, especially since I have a Waka 12 Pounder that does 350K base damage (although that one has a bouncing grenade shot instead of a rocket, so you gotta hit dead on) and another Torgue that does about 275K base. Hyperion "Critcal Thinking" slag shotgun in the other slot for that pair and well, not much lives through over half a mil's worth of damage.

I think my record is six Second Winds before the bar was just "FOR gently caress'S SAKE JUST DIE" and disappeared pretty much the moment it popped up.

If you get a second wind off that your second wind timer resets. I only know because I go down a lot using he Chullaine and get back up almost immediately thanks to it + a shock enhanced death trap.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

GammaShade posted:

Level 21 with Gaige and christ do I hate the Caustic Caverns all over again. It was way easier with two Sirens going at everything. Managed to get a nice purple corrosive Vladof called Patriot's Anarchist, though.

Has anyone figured out a strategy to not get destroyed by Wormhole Threshers yet, or is it just "shoot at it until it dies"?

Aim for the eyes. Crit em enough and they stop using the wormhole attack.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Vicissitude posted:

How do I get into the creature slaughter dome? I've got the preorder, since I'm playing my mecromancer, but I don't have a quest to get in there. I also read on the BL wiki that I need a key or something, but I dunno how accurate that is.

It's in the Natural Selection Preserve or whatever that area is called. All the arena's don't have quest's associated to them unless you've been to one.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Question for you guys. My buddy and I finished the torgue dlc just now and after the credits he got an error message. It was something along the line of "Error: To start ?win? NAME_PLAYTHROUGH_3 you must finish all quests." Anyone know anything about this?

Edit: I guess I should clarify that this was on xbox, it was lan play, and it's an unmodified system so willow tree, or whatever the modding tool is, isn't a factor here.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 24, 2012

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Don't know what I've done to piss off the game tonight but I've fought nothing but badass enemies. The kicker? Loads of them were using amp shields with torgue weapons. Then there was the bandit camp of Juggernauts dual wielding launchers.....

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kifisonfire posted:

If they increase the level cap and add in a playthrough 3, then that will be awesome. If not then I'll keep getting to use my level 50 legendaries and have fun with the DLC. I'm not fussed either way, just want more Borderlands.

Honestly I want them to do something interesting with the increased level cap instead of "Here's more levels. Now you can have two ultimate's." I mean we got that in the first game and it was boring as hell. It's partly why my friends and I didn't want an increased level cap.

Another playthrough is perfectly fine though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I really wish there was a way to skip past the fights you do with Lilith and Roland, more so Lilith just because her introductory fight is the most annoying fight in the whole game. "Oh hey need a revive? Let me just phaseblast these enemies you were trying to get a revive off. Wait those are badasses and you actually need my help? gently caress that noise, you've obviously got it. I'm just gonna chill over here and not do a loving thing."

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Looks like they're throwing a bone for you guys searching for ~*~phat lewt~*~ in anticipation of the new DLC...

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/985/borderlands-2-gear-up-weekend

Really wish it said which areas had the influx of weapons.:argh:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Minorities posted:

I'm gonna guess they just increased the overall drop rate of shotguns in every area.

I just cleared out Arid Boneyard, Sawtooth Cavern, The Highlands, and Caustic Caverns without seeing any difference in drop rating. Dunno, maybe I just have bad luck.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Could be. Me, I'm seeing shotguns pretty much every other kill. Most of them are vendor trash, but I've gotten a couple of nice ones, including a purple.

The *best* I saw was a purple tediore shotgun with like 3000x6 damage or so that dropped off ol slappy. If anything I'm seeing more health drops and pistols.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
According to gearbox.com, the weapon type in abundance today are grenade mods.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/985/borderlands-2-gear-up-weekend

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Spent a good long while farming the bunker for any rare character heads and The Sham. Ended up getting a Bitch. I guess it's just as good. :negative:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Sorry to interrupt dlc chat but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can look up each character's melee damage. After doing a bit of testing between my mechromancer and soldier I learned that gaige does actually do far less melee damage than the other classes. At first I thought it was the skills I was using on axton that let him do more melee damage but it wasn't. I tested this on crystalisks by taking everything off my axton, except for a purple torgue pistol with no melee boosting properties, and taking away all his skills. Even with nothing equipped and no skill points in any slot I was still able to two shot each of the crystalisks weak points. Whereas with gaige still equipped with her normal gear and all her skill points still in place it took me about 13 hits on each of the crystalisks weak points to kill it. I just want to know what each character's base melee stats are and why gaige's are so much lower than everyone else's.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Got a conference call last night without actually trying for it. Woo.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a fire immunity shield just laying around that they could part with? Two would be fantastic but I'd just like to have one.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Good lord Voracidous is a bastard and a half. I've no idea how to survive his aoe explosions and his army of savage midgets.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

If I am reading this correctly, don't expect a level cap increase any time soon (if ever).

http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/07/borderlands-2-level-cap-increase/

In short, Randy says its "memory issues" preventing them from increasing the cap, or that it will make the game "too unbalanced".

e: He says (on twitter) one will come, but probably "later this year, and will not increase skill points".

Thank god. Having a stupid amount of skill points in the last game just made it boring as hell. I'm looking forward to what they do alongside the increased level cap.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Why did I never think to try a Practicable Slow Hand with anarchy? This is soooooo much fun on a shock spec Gaige. I mean seriously, I've never seen so many things explode in a shower of blood, sparks, and fire.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I just got a neogenerator off a random biker in the torgue dlc. Thing is pretty handy for staying alive.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Anyone on 360 happen to have a spare pitchfork lying around? I've got a legendary tediore launcher I don't plan on using and be would gladly give it up in exchange.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
So is there a surefire trick to getting Omnd Omnd Ohk to spawn or is it based on luck like Vermivorous?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ShadowedFlames posted:

Luck. A friend and I tried for about four hours to get him to spawn with no luck. Annoying, too, as that is the only thing I have yet to encounter in this game.

That what I thought. Really want the shotgun he drops but I'm ready to give up altogether on him.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Speedboat Jones posted:

I wonder if current content is going to scale up when the level cap rises. For that reason I'm going to save some quests on a few characters until then. Having a love thumper be that much more badass is a nice thought.

I hope if they increase the level cap they also tweak the drop rates for things. I'm on my second day of farming doc mercy for an infinity and I haven't gotten anything better than a white off him.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Speedboat Jones posted:

It's one of the most horrible drop rates in the game, I'm told. If you're on xbox I have a plain and a corrosive infinity I can give you.

I can't get online with this network.:negative: But yeah if I'm not mistaken the drop rate for the thing is like 1.2% whereas the other legendaries are around 5%.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Does having a second person, even someone who's split screening, increase the chances of better things dropping? Or is the whole "more people=better things" stuff complete bull?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Jubs posted:

Moxxi's DLC for Borderlands 1 is the worst!

I liked it.:colbert:

Anyway, so having a split screen buddy will theoretically increase the odds of legendaries dropping?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Marogareh posted:

What about that raid boss glitch that makes it scale to 4 players even if you're solo?

Coincidentally that's the reason I'm trying to get an infinity. Pete hasn't dropped anything of worth, I can't kill voraciduos, and hyperius continues to ruin my day whenever I fight him. My gunzerker can go toe to toe with him but I always run out of ammo.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Duke posted:

Honestly if I'm going to be farming raid bosses I just do the Smasher glitch on my favorite gun and keep a Norfleet ready incase I go down. If you get a high enough stack you can kill Voracidous in about 30 seconds after headshotting his witch doctor with the Trespasser.

I actually sold my evil smasher cause the glitch got annoying after a while. Like, it would glitch up my character so that even though I didn't have it equipped I'd randomly lose a whole magazine worth of ammo with no damage buff.

And I've never gotten vermivorous to spawn so I don't have a norfleet.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I just figured out how to jurry rig my laptop as a wireless router. If anybody has an infinity or two they can drop for me I'd be forever thankful. I've got a spare bouncing bonny and that legendary tediore launcher I can give up in exchange. Plus the motorcross marauder head for zero.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

I'm on right now, throw me a message. I've got 3 infinity pistols. GT: Mechwarrior

Be there in just a few seconds. GT: Offshoretoast. This connection is hilariously unstable so bear with me on this.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

rock2much posted:

I got the conference call on PC when the game originally came out way before I got to the end of the game in my 20s. Now I'm playing on PS3 with friends and the thing never drops. I don't remember which mob dropped it however. Any ideas which non "The Warrior" mobs can also drop this?

Everything can drop it, it's just The Warrior has a higher chance of dropping it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Alright alright alright. Is there an event going on right now? I just had a slagga drop from a random psycho marauder and in the same area (finding the power core for sanctuary) a bandit chest opens up to reveal not one, not two, but FOUR legendary grenade mods.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Abiggoat posted:

Glitch into the treasure room, guys. All of the normal boxes on the outside are throwing orange at me. The centre pirate chests seem to be unaffected.

Yeah I just had a baby maker drop for me. So I'm gonna get off live and check around. See if drops are still crazy.

Edit: Just had a leech drop from a bullymong. I'm all for having legendaries drop but this seems a little odd.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Abiggoat posted:

Someone on the gearbox forums suggested it could be the latest hotfix. I have no idea what that means, but I'm guessing it means an error in whatever changes they've made recently.

I'm okay with this error.

Yeah I was looking around there and it seems to be a pretty common thing happening right now. But some ps3 players are saying it's not happening anymore.

• Locked thread