Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I have to say I really like how simple and light weight Tediore guns look, Hyperion guns look gaudy. :colbert:

(Also Axton is the best.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Seems like they haven't fixed the badass point reset bug yet :(

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Xidus posted:

Did I imagine this or did a Repair Surveyor repair me when I thoughtlocked it?

Yeah they do, thoughtlock is pretty great!

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

This is the first time that Thoughtlock has sounded appealing.

Really?

Thoughtlock is pretty great, you gain possibly a fairly damaging ally who the enemies will target ahead of you most likely (even moreso if you have converge).

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

'I SMEARED MY DIARRHOEA ON THE HANDLE - THAT'S VIRAL MARKETING'

I really wish they had that bandit machine now.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Quick question about the pirate DLC:

Does it scale to your level in PT1?
Is it worth waiting till after beating the warrior, or just jump in at any point?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

GANDHITRON posted:

Every time I read this thread and see people gushing about the writing and the jokes in this game, I get really confused. I found very little dialogue to be funny or well-written. Every time I have to do anything involving Tiny Tina, I want to just turn the game off. I'd rather it be more quiet and lonely, like the first game.

I chuckle at some things, but more often than not, I'm either cringing or mocking it with my friends. At this point, I'd rather have the option to skip every piece of dialogue and just be able to kill bandits in peace.

Remember how the writers behind Portal 2 said that they wanted to make a script without any lines that could easily be made into memes? I feel that Borderlands 2 went the exact opposite direction, and it just rubs me the wrong way.

And as far as the non-comedy stuff, I thought things might be getting interesting when Jack was pleading with you to not kill his daughter, but nope, he really, really WAS just trying to guilt-trip you out of it. Or was he? He seems pretty bitter and spiteful after the fact. But no, the audio tapes about his past reveal that he's just a monster. Bloodwing was just some bird, and Roland was far too boring to care about.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade; I know different people have different tastes. Hell, I loved Saints Row 3, and that's got tons of wacky, immature poo poo in it.

But, seriously, gently caress Tiny Tina.

(Also, I thought "bonerfarts" was funny in context.)

I agree with the Tiny Tina hate, she is the least funny 'funny' characters in the game.

But gently caress you for not caring about Bloodwing :smith:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

DLC question:

Does the unique enemies Mr Bubbles and Lil Sis have a chance to drop anything special or are they there for shout out flavour?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I really hope they release Krieg early like with the mechromancer.
I really want to be a psycho vault hunter.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I am so bad at aiming the thrown buzz axe, although it matters little when I'm mowing them down close range instead.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Speedball posted:

So do you get Bloodlust stacks on kills or on damaging enemies?

It seems that currently looking at the BL2 forums there is a bug where people aren't getting stacks at all.

So best to avoid a whole skill tree till there is any word on it.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

Light the Fuse is pretty useless, I highly recommend skipping it.

A shame as it is great thematically.

One thing I do think about Krieg is that his action skill doesn't interact as much with the different skill trees like the other characters. The only differences you'll see are, dynamite on the axe from blood lust or psycho mutant from mania.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

Krieg's redeem the Soul won't throw you into FFYL if you have a rough rider on. Oh and Deathtrap will straight up attack you if you have Fuel the Rampage on.

Uh are you sure?

I've been playing co-op with my brother as mechro and have never had deathtrap ever target me.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

Yes, and I can confirm Axton's turrets target Krieg too.

That is weird. I'll test again with my brother see if I can get his deathtrap to attack me.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

kim jong-illin posted:

Usually I get one or two legendaries across the base game and TVHM with all characters. With Krieg in the base game I've already had half a dozen legendaries and Sanctuary's only just taken off. Wonder if they've been tinkering with the drop rates?

Maybe it is just random and you are lucky.

Sanctuary has only just taken off for me and not a single legendary.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Release The Beast is amazing, if you can keep getting damaged you can just keep chaining it.

I find it hard to go back to non Krieg characters now :(

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I really hope the interesting enemies (wizards and the like) don't have that bullshit ability that ends phaselock almost as soon as it has begun.

Also Hammerlock DLC really is terrible.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Dinosaurs! posted:

Dang, really? I burned out last October after doing both playthroughs, some boss farming and the Oasis DLC. The upcoming campaign looks interesting and, since I have the season pass, I'm thinking about revisiting Pandora and trying the last three DLCs*.

*Especially since the raised level cap will devalue my CC and force me to actually play instead of relying on the lead wall.

Dull dreary landscapes, 2 sets of enemies that may as well just be reskinned skags for all the difference it makes, tedious flying enemies, racist human enemies (some of which make a siren's phaselock almost useless). Really didn't draw me in at all.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

http://imgur.com/a/pM7Os

There's some awesome stuff on there. I'm looking more forward to this DLC now.

Love how the new normal weapons are all different gems for each manufacturer and that Tediore's are Cubic Zerconia.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Has Krieg's backstory video been posted here before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBTqwu2d490

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Spergminer posted:

Wailing depths, the four platform trap, I've used 2M$ on dying again and again and again and please tell me that there is another way to do this.

edit: Second platform, I cannot get to the third without being crushed by the ceiling or other platform.

Just sprint forward. That's all it took.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Does the sacrificial altar in the dragon keep have any pattern or rules to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

e: which makes me think, who's everyone's favorite manufacturer? I love Hyperion because at any given time it seems like they make the most broken gun in the game (the Conference Call, the Fibber, the Bee), and they make the best Plasma Casters which are pretty much some of the best weapons in the game. Tediore's a close second because their gimmick is hilarious and nothing gets you out of second wind more reliably.

I don't like torgue, whilst their design is really well done I don't like how slow the bullets are and being limited to only explosive.

I think my favourites are Maiwan due to their sci-fi design and elemental stuff, with Vladof second and tediore third.

• Locked thread