Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I'm doing the mission with the Gluttonous Thresher, and ho boy I keep dying and dying and dying as a Cunning Zer0. Most of my weapons are still level 37-38, because I went back to PT1 to do some DLC and arena sidemissions. Even the normal surveyers kills me at this point, so if you open the Golden chest in PT1, but you're level 40, does the purples scale to 40 or are they locked at level 30 like everything else in PT1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I've been farming Jimmy Jenkins for hours and at this point I would rather start a new Maya to get the 100 phaselock trophy and then join as my PT2 Zer0 later during the Doctors Orders quest. Would Zer0 get the badass challenge for killing Jimmy Jenkins or would Maya get it, since her playthrough will be hosting the game?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

Maya would get it since all the challenges would be reset for a new character. Your best bet is to find a goon who hasn't finished Doctor's Quest and join their game with Maya, then hope he shows up.

Strange, I've completed one of the challenges I was doing as Zero and Maya's HUD didn't show anything. Also I guess they patched it because I've been doing ten runs in co-op, several as Zer0 and a few as Maya and I have yet to see a single Loot Midget.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

RagingBoner posted:

Or you could find a friend who is to the correct part of the Doctor's Orders quest. Which I am.

How does that quest/Jimmy Jenkins work anyways?
Is there a certain flag, other than starting the quest, then you need to trigger?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has anyone had a problem with chests that won't open, because it never shows the "press X to open" thing no matter where on the box you put the cursor? I have run into that twice I think, most recently the treasure hunting quests in the caustic caverns. I got the unique gun it gives you but that chest that came up out of the ground, I could not get it open. After five minutes of pointing the cursor at every pixel on the box's surface I gave up and left.

Leave the Caverns and go back to the top of the warehouse, and you should be able to open the chest (it's just a normal red Dahl chest). Also loot goliaths requires a lot of pixel hunting if they die on a slope for some reason.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Can anyone help me kill Terramorphus and add me as a PSN friend? I need the "Revive someone on your friendslist" trophy but I do not have any PS3 friends with BL2, and I'm still too undergeared to get Terramorphus below 60% HP.

edit; Thanks Marogareh for putting up with my inability to be good at this game and helping me kill some Terramorphuses. :tipshat:

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 14, 2012

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

MZ posted:

I got 1 key, like always?

Ok so I don't really know much about endgame stuff as I'm only level 14, but is the general consensus to avoid as many side-quests a possible until I reach the third playthrough?

Do all sidequests in the first playthrough, kill the final boss and start playthrough 2. Do not start any sidequests in playthrough 2 before killing the final boss again.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

DID YOU KNOW THAT 97% OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODED RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLSHIT! BUY TORGUE!

it's a good twitter.

http://twitpic.com/bdho6y
That is correct.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Hey, so you know those guys and gals at 2K? They loving ROCK!

They've sent us a bunch of swag to give away for our 48 Borderlands 2 marathon.

Check this poo poo out!

:siren::siren::siren:DONATE NOW TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE OF WINNING STUFF!:siren::siren::siren:

Donations of £5 or more will be entered into a raffle for a set of Borderlands 2 Top Trumps.

Donations of £10 or more will be entered into a raffle for 1 of 4 EXCLUSIVE Borderlands 2 T Shirts.

Donations of £20 or more will be entered into a raffle for an XBOX PAL copy of the Limited Edition Ultimate Loot Chest.

:siren::siren::siren:DONATE NOW TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE OF WINNING STUFF!:siren::siren::siren:

http://gamepocalypse.com/horde4charity/

Is that huge vault symbol on the front or the back of the shirts?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I cannot find the DLC in the store or in-game. Does Europe usually get that stuff later?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Dr.Smasher posted:

I breezed through Pyro Pete and the Flyboy fight.

We all did. :haw:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Greenplastic posted:

Just tried the Loot Midget run in the Wildlife preserve for the first time. Two runs, two pearlescents :stare:

Does the Doctors Orders trick work for farming Jimmy Jenkins again? I tried to do it on a new character a while ago and I only saw one hyperion soldier midget in 30 runs.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Wailing depths, the four platform trap, I've used 2M$ on dying again and again and again and please tell me that there is another way to do this.

edit: Second platform, I cannot get to the third without being crushed by the ceiling or other platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Duke posted:

I had this exact same problem. Died over and over and over again until finally I timed the platforms rising and falling and managed to get through just barely. Pretty loving horrible area!

Closed the game and restarted it, and completed it in first try. I guess one of them was out of sync, because there was no room to go from platform 2 -> 3. :shrug:

• Locked thread