Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

spamhead80 posted:

I have two Shredifiers. I don't know how you feel about duping, but if you want one or both I'd be glad to give them to you.

Does the Master Gee fight always result in a console freeze? I've seen a lot of Xbox and PS3 people posting about it. I don't think I have any interest in doing that anyway, but that's kind of ridiculous.

I'm on PS3 and I killed him yesterday (solo). It took me 2 tries. The first time he died my console locked up. I killed him again immediately after and it didn't lock up. It's inconsistent.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Well, shoot. Thanks anyway man :shobon: Anyone else on PS3 have a Shredifier and the willingness to dupe that poo poo for a brotha?

Someone just duped me a Shredifier and some other oranges yesterday. What's your PSNID?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
That's a copy/paste from the profile of the guy in the forum post pic above.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
When I first started playing the game I was absolutely certain that Angel and Jack were both up on the space station and that's where the last part of the game would take place. I was a little disappointed that didn't happen but I still like what they did and the way they did it. It didn't really detract from how good the game is.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Solaris Knight posted:

It would be a current gen patch without leaked details for upcoming DLC! Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt is confirmed by Gearbox as the next pack.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/13/next-borderlands-2-dlc-is-sir-hammerlocks-big-game-hunt/

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?s=c125c54d8f34e319b62145d2c58f889f&p=3351672

I like Hammerlock a lot, so a DLC focused on him sounds pretty cool :allears:

Awesome. Hammerlock is one of my favorite characters. This should be fun.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Slayer1597 posted:

wait how do you do this solo?, I thought you couldnt load your characters up on shared screen dudes?

You can only do this on PS3. :smug:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Monkey Fracas posted:

So, uh, will anything happen to my PSN account if I mess around with Gibbed's save editor?

No. PSN doesn't ban anyone for anything.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Avalanche posted:

Thinking about picking this game up.

Is there still a community, and is it still fairly easy to find people online? Or has the community pretty much died since the release of every other high profile fall title?

You won't have any problems finding people to play with. Only half their planned DLC has been released and they've already confirmed that a 6th character class is being worked on.

It's also a game with a lot of replay value and some of the most fun co-op ever so people aren't putting it down casually. Just don't play with pubbies.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What is the KSS glitch?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/281750585261322240

Adam Fletcher posted:

Borderlands 2 level cap increase is planned for Q1 next year.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/281800741964881920

Randy Pitchford posted:

PS3: KBW3T-JT9WJ-B5CKB-S35TB-CBTC5
PC: KJK3B-H6JKK-KX3TT-3TBBT-R5TCK
X360: 53K3J-SF3JX-6H6J6-5RBJ3-KHRSH

These were posted 4 hours ago so I don't know if they're still active but nobody else posted them yet so here you go.

Also, reinforcement of the level cap raise from a separate tweet:

Randy Pitchford posted:

We are working on a big add-on/expansion for next year with deeper progression. I will share details and timing as we settle in with them.

edit: Hammerlock owns, don't talk poo poo about him :mad:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yeah the 4th and final Season Pass DLC will most likely be the Knoxx-equivalent that will raise the level cap and be a lot bigger than the previous 3.

That's speculation of course but that's how it worked in BL1 and it would make perfect sense to repeat that pattern for BL2.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Dross posted:

Knoxx was the third DLC. Claptrap was the fourth, and the level cap was raised first to 61 by Knoxx and then to 69 for Claptrap. Current DLC with its lack of meaningful story progression and loot improvement feels more like Dr. Ned than Knoxx.

Oh snap you're right! My bad. Robolution was pretty forgettable which is why it slipped my mind.

Also Dr. Ned was my favorite DLC from BL1 (yes even over Knoxx) and I've been [moderately happy] with the DLC for BL2 so far. Scarlett was meh but I really liked the Torgue one a lot so it balances out I guess.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Flameingblack posted:

Just picked up the vanilla copy last night, I'm wondering if any of the DLC so far is worth picking up right away. Playing the campaign with my brother first, and then the 2nd time solo. Thinking about buying the Mechanomancer regardless.

The Mechromancer is a must-buy. The Torgue DLC is way better than the Scarlett DLC except for the treasure room glitch I guess. Don't bother with either DLC until you get to level 30 though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZUU44c_q9Y

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

CJacobs posted:

My problem with orange loot being so ridiculously rare is that there are only a few select ones that are actually worth how rare they are. If the issue isn't the fact that they're so rare to find, it's definitely that none of them do anything interesting except the ones that break the game.

This isn't true at all. If you want to farm raid bosses there are certain gear combos that work best but there is no one single best solution. I have tons of oranges and I use about half of them on a regular basis.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So last night I had insomnia and jumped into a late night game with a guy on my list who was in another game with people trying to kill Hyperius. This is the first time I'd played since the patch and we all got to see how bad The Bee got nerfed. Even with 2 Zer0s spec'd out with b0r3 and all the other fun raid boss skills, a shield turret and a Mechromancer, we couldn't take him down.

So I tried the repeated Evil Smasher glitch and got it to work after only a couple tries. I ended up with an Infinity Pistol with 52 rounds in the magazine, a pinpoint crosshair, and a hilarious fire rate. I took Hyperius down in about a minute. Then we moved on to Pete the Invincible and took him down in about a minute too. That glitch is hilariously broken and makes the pre-patch Bee look like a Turtle shield.

Anyway thanks to the people who posted instructions for it. It helped a lot! :)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Man Cub posted:

I've gotten the clip on the infinity up to 171, and hyperius and Pete both went down in about 5 seconds. It gets exponentially more ridiculous.

I didn't want to risk breaking the game. I had enough of that happening when I had to fight Gee a few times without my console freezing. It was also my first time so I just wanted to see what 50 stacks would do. Worked a treat.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Wow I've had maxed Blood Soaked Shields for as long as I can remember but never thought about using a Nova shield with it. Time to equip Hide of Terra tonight and see how that works out.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Welp, looks like a good time to farm Deliverances and Conference Calls if you don't have them already.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fibby Boy posted:

Really wish it said which areas had the influx of weapons.:argh:

I'm gonna guess they just increased the overall drop rate of shotguns in every area.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
GearboxSoftware: Let's celebrate those #DICEAward nominations with some SHiFT codes for Golden Keys in Borderlands 2!

PC / Mac : C3W3B-6B95C-SWFJJ-B3BJJ-5C6XJ [Active through January 20]

Xbox 360 : CB53J-FZFSC-9Z6JF-WRBTB-B5S5S [Active through January 20]

PlayStation 3 : 5TCJB-35RWB-WCWCJ-93C3J-3SSHR [Active through January 20]

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo those skins and heads are awesome! Hopefully they're cheap.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mach Won posted:

I'm on my second play through with Zero and Super Badass Maniacs are so hard to deal with. I think I may have too many points in sniper skills. Any suggestions?

Switch to Cunning tree and get Death Blossom + Death Mark. Equip your best shotgun. Equip a relic that reduces your cooldown. Mash Action skill button. Follow up with shotgun blasts. Waltz through the rest of the game.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
You can use the Infinity Pistol with Anarchy you just have to wait until you've maxed out your stacks first and either don't use Smaller Lighter Faster or use the ES glitch once.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Please do not ever sell Legendary Class Mods. Please dupe them to other people. Thanks in advance.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Marogareh posted:

I'm using Maya for treasure room runs thanks to rough rider+fleet. I was doing it before with the love thumper but not having to blast myself with a rocket every time I reload is so much better.

Could you please explain this? I've never heard of it before.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Marogareh posted:

The shield has 0 capacity which makes shieldless skills like fleet stay activated. It makes the other characters run like slugs with that combo. It drops from the stone bullymong in Hammerlock DLC if you have it.

Oh OK. It makes you faster. I thought it made the treasure room glitch easier to do or something. Thanks!

quote:

It needs more backpack and bank space. It sucks when I find something cool or a legendary when the planets align but have no space to use it. The first game got it right and it baffles me that the second one did not.

Agreed. I hate having to split my best gear up among my characters. I never remember who has what when I need it.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 1, 2013

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Dross posted:

How often do you guys seriously need more than about 15 different pieces of equipment? The vast majority of high level equipment in this game is novelty loot that is terrible in terms of actual gameplay.

Using the same stuff all the time gets boring. There are 5 classes and a 6th one on the way. Each classes utilizes different gear better than others. It would be really nice to have the backpack and bank capacities of the first game.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 1, 2013

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Lasher posted:

So is Wilhelm just impossible running solo in TVH mode?

Do other bosses have regeneration to that extent too?

If so I'm just going to jib it and maybe just start a Zero playthrough because I'm thinking this may be a bit too much for me to handle.

Do all of Tina's side quests before you fight him. The Tea Party quest chain gives you one of the best corrosive pistols in the game and it's perfect for fighting Wilhelm. Use corrosive grenades if you have them as well.

When fighting him, pay attention to see if there are any Surveyors floating around him and kill those first to stop the shield regen. As long as he doesn't have any Surveyors healing him he's a pushover.

Also maybe gain a level or two just to make sure you're up to snuff? Use a couple gold keys if you have them?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
"THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO HOLD AN OPINION CONTRARY TO MINE!" would be amazing. The game reviewer quest is my favorite. :allears:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Hooooly poo poo. Pink skins for everyone and a level 50 Heartbreaker?!?! :love::swoon::love:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Monkey Fracas posted:

:can:

I always thought that Tina was supposed to be poking fun at teenagers who pick up slang from MTV and such; I know I've met a few like that IRL.

Anthony Burch (the lead writer) said on twitter that Tina is supposed to be a mish-mash of people he knows in real life.

I can see that justification of her vocabulary speech patterns if you looks at it in the context of her having to basically raise herself on a hostile planet like Pandora and probably learning language from TV (ECHOcasts) like Wreck-Gar and the Junkions. That would make sense for her character. The problem is that all of that was created by a real, non-fictional human being here in the real world on Earth. I'm not agreeing that she's a racist character. That's not my call to make. However some of the things she says rub me the wrong way.

Having said that, I think Tina is a funny character sometimes. Her general demeanor and instantaneous mood swings are a lot more entertaining to me than the words she says and the things she does. I really, REALLY hated the Flesh-Stick torture defense quest* and now that I have a level 50 Teapot I will never do it again. However if her character gets changed in the future I think it'll be fine. Anthony Burch is a great writer and I think he'll be able to keep her funny crazy violent personality while getting rid of some of her speech patterns that people have objected to.

*I'm OK with killing fictional people if they're charging at me with guns blazing and the intent to kill me, but nobody deserves to be strapped to a chair and be tortured while completely helpless, no matter what crimes they've committed. IMHO.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

delpheye posted:

Tina's dialogue is awesome. I think y'all take your vidya games too seriously.

Nuanced thinking? Shades of grey? What are those?

It is possible to like some aspects of a character while disliking other aspects of the same character.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fag Boy Jim posted:

It's also possible to hate every aspect of Tina's character, like I do.

And that's OK!

Father Wendigo posted:

Wait, what? I thought Motor Mamma was just a clothing palette swap of Ellie with a new head.

Her skin is noticeably darker.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The Torgue DLC is easily the best of the 3 released so far.

Also these green skins are really cool. I love the facepaint that comes with them. And I never had a Culainn before. I gave it to my Mechro and respec'd her to the shock tree and it's perfect synergy with the Culainn. Shock AND slag? Yes please!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
There are still quasi-random graphical glitches in the game.

If you see them constantly then it might be your console but I see them infrequently and I'm positive my console is OK and I know of other people that see them once in a while too.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
It would make no sense at all to give us 11 more levels without giving us skill points along with them.

As someone else said, this game is already unbalanced and it's still fun as hell. Additionally, when this game was first announced like 2 years ago, Gearbox explicitly said that if they had a choice to nerf things or make them overpowered, they leaned toward overpowered because this a co-op game, not a competitive game. They'd rather people have fun going crazy with broken builds and weapons than getting frustrated with characters who didn't have any good skills or whose only good skills were in the bottom tiers.

Now what I want to see is those online skill tree sites to update with 11 more points so I can play around with them for a week and see how I want to spend those points.

Also, Krieg looks underwhelming to me personally because I already played Brick in BL1. I'll give him a try and being on fire looks pretty hilarious but he doesn't really look like my playstyle. My first playthrough in BL2 was Bloodshed Zer0 and I had a blast but that was more Grey Fox than Cyber-Psycho-Brick. Who knos, maybe I'll be wrong and end up loving him. I like the dude above's idea to use Bandit-only gear with him. That sounds like a really fun gimmick! :)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I finally got my Mechro to 50 last night with a little help from my friends.

Hey other Mechro players, is it worth putting points into the BFF tree to get the free 5 points in 20% Cooler from the Legendary Mechro mod? I usually never go past Upshot Robot and put the rest of the points into the middle tree, saving just enough points to max out Bloodsoaked Shields in the Anarchy tree. I have a purple relic that decreases cooldown by 34% that I could use instead of 20% Cooler but I also have a relic that increases shock damage by +30%. Which is better in you guys' experience?

Are there any really good level 50 Legendary Mechro builds I should try out? At the moment all my gear is shock weapons of various types as well as a shock Black Hole shield and some ridiculous legendary shock grenade someone duped for me. I have a level 50 Chulainn as well.

Suggestions?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I have a Hide of Terra shield too. I'll respec to use Sharing is Caring and see what happens. I take it I should just skip Anarchy altogether and put the leftover points into the Shock tree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fibby Boy posted:

I'm sorry I wanted some customization in this game? I don't see much point in getting more skill points when it'll just boil down to 1 or 2 builds being the only things worthwhile. I just wanted borderlands 2, not borderlands 1 but with more stuff.

Edit: I mean would it have been so hard to add in new skills with the skill points? I would've been fine with that.

As someone who is a software engineer for a living, it would've been a million times harder to add new skills than it would be just just allow more skill points. The existing skills are already there and have already been coded. They already behave as intended. Adding more skill points just allows people to use more skill or use them at higher levels.

The initial skill trees took a long time to design and balance. Adding new skills would require analysis of how they interact with all the other skills the character has, as well as how they interact in co-op with other players. This includes looking at other players using the same class with the same or different skills, and also involves looking at how things balance out with skill from other classes. Then you'd have to code and test the poo poo out of them and then fix bugs. That would take a LOT more time and effort.

• Locked thread