Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Just picked this up over the weekend for Xbox and can't put it down. Going to need some serious help with some of the game.
Not that it's difficult, I'm just terrible with time management and prioritizing quests. I just want to shoot things and get more guns. I've made it to a level 15 Assassin and it's a shitton of fun so far! Hope to have others to play with in the future.

GT: R0BERTC0P <- those are zeros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Stopped playing my Assassin right after multiple losses on round 2 @ Fink's.
So I got sick of using a holograph and invisibility and started over with a Mechromancer and only lost round 5 once! This game is so loving awesome.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I chased down Jack to this insane Badass Constructor while solo last night and I'm at level 29 on my first playthrough. I died around 30 times before giving up and just trying to run my rear end to the next door without a fight.
I made it into Hero's Pass [I think it was called] and I'm in a sudden fight against a flying lavamonster. Is this seriously the end of the first game? I'm in serious need to get to level 30 for some weapons and shields but otherwise I think I could take this on with my Mechromancer.
Veterans' thoughts?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Okay, so it basically is the end of the story missions. I should gamble but I wasted all my money on multiple respawns and didn't think to dashboard so I could have kept my $20k+ :cry:
I will grind for now.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Banuaba you are awesome for jumping in for that short amount of time, sorry I'm a dick and bailed. I'm basically gonna grind for some side quests I didn't bother with before.
My buddy and I sped through this last weekend in a 5hr couch co-op basically ignoring all but story missions. He left me at the last boss to take solo so I'm farming until he comes back but it will be so worth it. :getin:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Norville Rogers posted:

No prob, I was just dicking around. What's with no headset coop folks, seriously? If you wanna play again, message me.

My bad, I have a headset I wasn't wearing it because I was basically waiting on a phone call from work. I will totally plan something a little better next time. :)

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I defeated the final boss last night and didn't get a single orange drop. :(
Game said I needed to complete all missions before going onto TVHM, does that mean the optional side quests too?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

First time I've used a SHiFT code and holy gently caress the guns that thing can give you kick rear end. Banuaba, I saw your invitation but I was only on to put in the code and I came back hours later to see what I'd get. I'll definitely jump on it next time!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I believe I'm a level 38 Mechromancer. I used 5 of the 7 keys I got from that SHiFT code.
1 key was two different purple pistols, each above 1000 dmg, one with corrosive @700+ and the other with fire @ 980/sec.
1 key was two shields, I was currently at 6,000 and one of the two was a purple, life-boosting shield above 11,000. The other was negligible.
1 key was two lovely pistols. I sold them both for at least $2,500 each.
1 key was a single launcher that had 111,555x3dmg with corrosive damage @ 999/sec & able to hold 9 rockets.
1 key was a shotgun with explosive rounds that hit for 800x3dmg, fired 2 rounds for every shot and held 9 cartridges. The other shotgun was a P.O.S. but sold for $4,000 :confused:
I'll have to get back to you about their names, I never remember any of them.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I think it took me around 25 respawns to finally tackle Bloodwing with a solo lvl 42 Mechromancer. Somewhere around $250,000 lost to the Hyperion fast-spawn. I got an orange shield for it.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Recent SHiFT code that may expire today!

XBOX360 posted:

WJKJT-W59F6-J3Z3F-KRTJB-C5CFS

PS3 posted:

C35BB-WZZWJ-5W5KT-ZT5BB-H3SXZ

e: from here

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Could anyone please put a PBFG aside if they win out with this crazy hotfix treasure glitch??

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I finally started on the Captain Scarlett DLC last night, and holy poo poo those Anchormen are ridiculously powerful assholes. If I understand the recent chatter, I shouldn't finish the last mission so I can get into the treasure room for bonus weapons? I'm about one or two away from finishing it, so I don't want to make the mistake and close off my options.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

Yeah, this is what I feared. The farming and begging options don't really strike me as that fun, especially since I have a LVL 50 dude, and there's nothing much else for me to do other than battle Terramorphous and maybe do the one or two side quests I missed in my first playthrough. Maybe I'll just start a new character, but even that doesn't seem that appealing considering the amount of time I put into getting Zero to 50.

Hold out for the new DLC Vault Hunter :getin:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

delpheye posted:

I must be missing the joy in a melee build because a melee-centric character sounds like the most boring thing ever to me. Unless he does that 360 degree thing Zangief does and spins around like a top with his arms out knocking enemies over. Or if he spins around with guns in his hands, knocking things over AND shooting wildly outward. Then I take back everything I just said.

I want it to be a huge guy that can pick up enemies and throw them at other enemies!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I took out the Leviathan last night with my buddy doing couch co-op and he was honestly not as much of a challenge as I thought. I'm excited to jump into other DLC maps now, so what is the most recommended after Captain Scarlett?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Made it to lvl 50 last night with my Mechromancer, and I'm digging the F*CK out of the Torgue campaign! What's a modest amount of Torgue tokens to stop collecting at? I've seen most of the good items in those vending machines around TT600, and I think I'm just under 150 after three runs through the barfight missions.
Also, after the third bar fight, can you just keep spamming the last job on the board for more tokens? I'm gonna waste a lot of time tonight if that's the case.

Also, also: What's the most /best you have gotten from the Torgue slot machines? Do they really only payout 3 tokens if it's not a weapon or grenade?

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 19, 2013

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Lumpy posted:

I hit one of the jackpots and got ~150 Tokens, so you can definitely get more.
Boss!
I will save up to splurge on those. Is there anywhere in particular I can best farm the Torgue tokens? I think I only got ~25 for defeating the past two contestants ahead of me in ranking.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Fag Boy Jim posted:

The bar fight, if you're properly equipped to do it quickly, is by far the best way to farm for Torgue Tokens.

So you CAN keep spamming that last mission on the job board?
I am so gonna jam the gently caress out of that bar tonight if anyone wants to join me. I've already taken down Pyro Pete, but I'm willing to work through the rest of the DLC. It's a real shitton of fun compared to the Captain Scarlett DLC.

GT: R0BERTC0P :coal:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I'm happy with the weapons I have but am always on the lookout for something more fun, so you're welcome to anything but Torgue tokens. :shobon:
I'll be on around 9pm CST and I can grab my headset if you want to be coordinated.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I blew it earlier with a work call-in, so maybe another night. I'm usually on for a couple hours after 10cst. :)

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

My friend often jumps on a silver xbl account of mine for couch co-op, and since I'm player 1, everything levels to me since I'm hosting the game. I had breezed through most of the first pass solo, then he tagged along for finishing the game and heading into TVHM. I think he was ~lvl30 when I hit TVHM and since the game started over, we figured it was the perfect time to get his stats up. I'll admit it wasn't as easy of a start as I anticipated, but the game was fun for me, since most weapons dropped were at my level, around 4 higher than my buddy. Since he didn't do every story mission with me, he somehow still had 3 weapon slots by the time I've gotten to the final mission again in TVHM. I dabbled in the Torgue DLC and had a shitton of fun but the bar brawls were getting too difficult.

Well, I got the brilliant idea of having my buddy log in with the silver account as the host, joined his game and went back through the Torgue DLC. Since he hasn't done any actual missions, everything was at lvl30 (sadly, including guns), but I was one-shot gibbing drat near everything! Badasses, Super Badasses, even Pyro Pete! It was the most unbelievable fun ever.
I raked in around TT300, and after we completed the DLC, it wouldn't let me fast-travel anywhere but DLC areas. When we restarted the game, it went back to the opening cutscene in the Tundra with Claptrap. Apparently, even if you complete all the missions in someone else's game, you have to do them over again until you get to the story missions you haven't done.
Does anyone know which mission gives you the fourth weapon slot? I don't want to accidentally complete that again without my bro.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

^ Definitely. loving awesome.

Neo Helbeast, I sent you a friend request, hoping you have a PBFG you could dupe? :swoon:
I will be your new best friend I promise!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Last night was the first time I've been in a game with four players and holy poo poo that gets crazy. We were in my lvl50 TVHM game session when a lvl3 Siren joined, and skyrocketed to lvl15 in under 10 minutes. She even leveled up from dying, it was the fastest I've seen anyone boost, so it will be my new strategy when I work through other characters. Definitely gonna try to get more of those games going, that was a lot of fun!
Wendigo: Turns out my buddy just lost his job and we may have some unexpected free time to jam together over the weekend. :neckbeard:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

delpheye posted:

Since you're supposed to be 50 by the end of the game, barreling through both story modes with whoever else wants to join is the best way to get to 50, imo. Get a couple of 50's to join too so they can work on killing dudes while kneeling or whatever wacky challenge biz is the order of the day, and it generally works out for everyone.

Well, except for my buddy that's missing his fourth weapon slot.
I'm definitely going to start a new character next week and try to jump into anyone's game that will have me. I can't compliment this game enough, I'm honestly addicted to finding all the guns, doing all the quests, having all the fun. I don't care if my teammate is dogmeat every ten seconds, this game loving OWNS.

Is it worth my time to find a cheap copy of Borderlands 1 if I can get the DLC? Any major differences that may sway my decision?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

^Right, I was blowing through missions on nights he wasn't over so he might have skipped that one when I got the rewards. :ssh:

I'm gonna be on tonight, with my couch co-op buddy. I'm likely going to be in an offline game, but if I can get him a 1month xbox card I'll be on later.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Every time I re-spec, I seem to ignore Blood-Soaked Shields in favor of upping my Anarchy stack capacity to 255. I have a "Peppy Sweetheart" class mod that helps me complete more of the right skilltrees but I'm always on the lookout for more. Now that my Mechro is at 50, I have a low level Assassin and Siren that I'll be boosting.
But I don't know if I would rather try the Commando instead. I like having a distraction that also shoots at enemies. Definitely going to be online with my buddy tonight, sucks if I missed out on fun last night.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sorry about my behavior yesterday. Some friends new to the game wanted to give it a go. Then one threw up.
I'll be on most of tonight if anyone's down.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Thanks for tossing up that video and SHiFT codes. New character looks like fun, but I'm more excited to max out two skill trees. I had a game where I reached 400 stacks of Anarchy and everything just blew apart. I would prefer to see more of that.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I really like the idea behind tossing the stack of dynamite while in FFYL mode, but I'm worried about the animation of the camera pulling away [similar to right before you respawn] when you get that second wind explosion from the timer going off. It looks like it will create some really close-call moments of tension that I could see myself enjoying once I get the hang of the new character.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Kifisonfire posted:

I don't think cooldown is that big of a deal for a Mechro. The point of Deathtrap shouldn't be to cooldown quicker, it should be for him to survive for as long as possible in one summon. If you're going for a heavy Deathtrap build, Sharing Is Caring is a must provided you have a good shield (The Black Hole works perfectly for him actually, but the Hide of Terra is absolutely the best shield for DT).

My Deathtrap can finish the bar brawl tier 3 on it's own. It's ridiculous. You can get some crazy damage out of Deathtrap if you spec him well enough.

I was running a train last night in the barroom, quickly completing and re-starting the same fight. Deathtrap would follow me upstairs and then float back through the doors and start the fight without me! By the time I get into the bar, there's maybe two or three Badasses left in the room to kill. :stare:

edit: ^^ I'm all about the Death Clap and the lazer-vision abilities. That melee spinout move of his is also absolutely insane in close-quarters battles. If you can get a bunch of enemies near Deathtrap with a Singularity grenade, that attack usually clears them all out.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 26, 2013

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I bought the 300k+ damage Rocket Launcher out of the Torgue vending machine last night, and with that name dropper attribute, it basically fired nukes. My buddy went gunzerking with it and another launcher and we cleared the bar fight in thirty-eight seconds. My robot hardly touched a thing. I tried using the launcher and blew my dumb rear end up almost every time. I'm now going to farm 999 torgue tokens so if anyone is itching for repetitive action feel free to jump in.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Do you have a more powerful version or one with a larger magazine? I can hold 34 rockets thanks to a new relic I picked up, but the launcher only holds 1 in the magazine - edit: because of my skill tree reducing magazine size in favor of reload speed.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I really appreciate how willing this community is to share! I will be on sporadically tonight and tomorrow trying to level up my Siren; though I find that class is less enjoyable when playing solo, as it feels like a support role in the early stages of building a skill tree. Come to think of it, I'm more likely going to level my Assassin class first.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

^^ gently caress YES!

Seneschal posted:

So I did the Pirate Booty DLC in less than two hours last night with my power-leveled Siren. The enemies were all around level 30 and I'm 50. I was gibbing things like crazy, which was sort of unsportsmanlike but still fun, and I was struck by a weird thought. That DLC has a LOT of walking. Maybe it was the Rustyards quests but I just can't get into it anymore.

Guess I can skip it on the second playthrough. I've already got the head I wanted.
I also noticed this about the Pirate's DLC, though jumping in a vehicle makes it less lovely, I still feel like a hovercraft could tend to move a little faster than how they have them now.
Would have also loved to get that motorcycle with the side-car in the Torgue DLC. Can't imagine how nuts that would be with a friend literally sitting shotgun.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I bought the DLC and I'll be on tonight figuring out upgrade paths. I was able to finish PT1 with my siren last night at lvl30 so if things start getting too rough in the expansion I'll gladly host an easier TVHM session.

Edit: You can replay story missions? I'm going to run through the Torgue DLC a hundred times tonight.
Feel free to jump in! xboxGT: R0BERTC0P

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 2, 2013

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Lumpy posted:

Probably stupid question: If I have a team class mod (i.e. "Team cooldown rate 16%") that applies to my character as well, or *just* to teammates?

I have tested this with my couch co-op buddy and it applies to you and any teammates in your game session.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I am seriously at a loss now with my Mechromancer. I'm running into most battles with a Hoplite; and my PBFG does most of the work, since my usual legendary weapons aren't scraping poo poo off anyone's health. Running solo has been really brutal in UVHM and I haven't really encountered any better weapons. Is there an area I should focus on in particular [besides raid bosses] to find the best loot while getting above level 55?
I spent all 5 golden keys for sniper rifles and shields. :(

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I learned last night that rabid stalkers are best avoided instead of approached in UVHM :negative: TVHM is looking like the better option now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Welp,

I passed through about $200,000 in deaths with my UVHM Mechro, so I gave up and started over with a Commando and holy poo poo this is the class I should have started with. If anyone wants to plow through a low-level run please feel free to jump in and destroy things for/with me. I've already gotten decent weapons at level 10 so I'm happily marching through most of the story without a problem.

• Locked thread