Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I might play some split screen BL2 coop on the PS3 this Christmas - I've almost finished PT2 of my first PC character. Do the console versions compensate for gamepad controls in anyway, because I imagine Zer0's sniping tree would be considerably trickier without a mouse?
It has a slight lock-on, like call of duty. It works OK because you just get used to drifting up to the head after locking on.

I snipe splitscreen and to be honest the graphic effects from your co-op partner (in my case, Gaige) are a bigger problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also those codes work for the non GOTY version (confirmed on 360)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Magil of Shadow posted:

I'd say the two DLC characters are worth it, or, at least Gaige is. Anarchy is an absolute blast to play around with, and her other skill trees are just as insane and enjoyable
Gauge is great fun to solo with, but she doesn't play well with others. With all her various explosions and the robot getting in the way of everything , it makes it impossible for anyone else to snipe near her.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

EddieDean posted:

Is there any site or feed which lets you know about the shift codes, without having to follow a bunch of twitter feeds and other sources?
I'm on my phone so my Google is weak, but there's a wiki which I will link momentarily.

e: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_SHiFT_Codes

e2: vvv curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 20, 2014

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I used one every other level just to see what I'd get, limiting it to every other level only so I didn't go nuts. Technically the 'best' level to use it on would be the highest, since the gear matches your level; but that's only true if you intend to keep playing once you hit max level, which not many do.

e: or yeah, if all your guns suck you can see if you fare better with the chest than whichever vending machines you have access to.

It's also useful because it's an easy way to get purple gear for the achievement / trophy, so if you get class mods or artefacts keep one of each in your bank even if it sucks, because purple mods almost never drop in the wild.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

There's also an artefact you get with the deluxe edition dlc that boosts your chance of getting rare loot by either 5% or 2.5%, but I don't know if that affects the chest since it's only ever given me purples.

• Locked thread