Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I played the first borderlands a bit, and since this is free on psn+ I'm going to give it a play through with a friend. Would it be worth it to pick up the 2 dlc characters, or are they not that much different or amazing from the core 4?

It'll cost you $20 to get both. I'd say fool around with the first 4 classes, and if you see yourself playing through the game more than once, and still have a blast, check em out.

Gaige is like Commando but better. I haven't got too far with the Psycho but it seems pretty similar to Brick from the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Gauge is great fun to solo with, but she doesn't play well with others. With all her various explosions and the robot getting in the way of everything , it makes it impossible for anyone else to snipe near her.

So true. It can be a great help to the team in that it kills and distracts baddies, but also a great hindrance in that it steals kills and kill revives from your friends and gets in the way. My favorite of the main 4 classes are Zero and Siren. They're both very helpful to the team, in their own ways, too.

:stare: I've been getting my but kicked as Krieg, but I can't wait to light the fuse. Doesn't seem well tailored to co-op what with the friendly damage he takes, though I guess when you get Light the Fuse you can just constantly be exploding and burning and bleeding.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Thanks guys, I think i'll pick up Gauge if I feel like a solo playthrough. Krieg looks a bit hard though, axe/dynamite to a gun fight and all that

I've certainly found myself dying more in my Krieg (up to level 16 at least) more than with all the other classes. His ability to drop a grenade that earns double XP post-mortem somewhat eases the pain.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Jake Blues posted:

If you have a good enough grenade, that strategy can actually get you pretty far along until you complete the middle tree. I'd suggest removing it by then as you can really better spend the point elsewhere.

I removed the skill recently, but I was using that with this nasty fire-child grenade that rains out like 2 dozen fireballs and kills everything in the room (including me if I'm too close). I also have a class mod that gives +4 grenades which is fun.

I know the final skill on the Mania tree lets you get bigger, but I really wish they took it farther and let you jump 3 miles into the sky like a God-liath and smash Buzzards.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

EddieDean posted:

Is there any site or feed which lets you know about the shift codes, without having to follow a bunch of twitter feeds and other sources?

There's also an app called Borderlands 2 Shift Codes I use on my iPhone that lists codes from everywhere.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Also if you can wait until you have multiple people in the game it should increase the chance of better loot.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

human being Guy posted:

Anybody here want to help me and a buddy on one of the arena challenges? We are on the final round and always run out of ammo and cant beat it. We are a level 51 Siren and a level 51 Commando.

PSN: TheNardPuppy

I'll add you (PSN: TheBlindNinja), but I won't be home until like 5:30 PST. I think my Assassin is level 53.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

haveblue posted:

You can play as a Claptrap. Sold.

Finally! I can make Claptrap die!

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Zorblack posted:

Well crap. In that case just hunting for fun high level stuff (legendaries and nice class mods) and finishing quests by killing raid bosses.

I could join in a couple hours. I'll add you then, if its not too late.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
PS+ installed a patch this morning, anyone know what it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

titties posted:

I'm on my first playthrough on normal, it has only taken 2 years. I've started on the DLC now that I've finally killed the Warrior, and I'm getting stomped because I'm underleveled.

Does anyone (PS3) want to hold babby's hand?

E: sorry about the thread necromancy, didn't realize it had been this long since the last post

I'm sure I could help a little. Only on at nights during the week (PST), pretty free every weekend (except the next two).

PSN ID = TheBlindNinja

• Locked thread