Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wow, the glitch with the Evil Smasher is a doozy. My Jakobs sniper with 3500 base damage plus Zero's crit boost skills plus the Evil Smasher effect means I can crit up to 200K per shot at level 33. The only monster in playthrough 1 other than the final boss that it won't kill instantly is the last badass constructor that spawns right at the end of Hero's Pass, and that was because it only did 164K and left him with a sliver of health.

I realize this is a bug and will not be surprised when it gets patched out, but god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Minorities posted:

I'm gonna guess they just increased the overall drop rate of shotguns in every area.

Yeah, that's what "throughout Pandora" means.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is it just me or is the DLC balanced for a higher level cap? The savages are incredibly tough and they're commonly found with more than one witch doctor who can quickly raise them to level 52 or 53. The doctors themselves have huge amounts of health and do huge damage with homing attacks that seem to go right through the environment.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Officer CockKnuckle posted:

The only cure for those fuckers it seems, is Zeros' deception....they get outlined even in bat/ tornado form. Throw kunai at em and then fire away. But seriously, gently caress witch doctors.

I tried shooting them while cloaked, but it never seemed to connect. Then again, I was using the Blockhead shotgun, which has very slow projectiles.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It'd better be Zero, he's got a frickin' sword.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Judge Tesla posted:

Just out of simple curiosity, what's so attractive about using glitched and insane weapons, I mean, I don't have any issue whatsoever about people using them, I just find it interesting the lengths people go to to get the most powerful things ever.

Not everyone is willing to go to the trouble of assembling a party of 4 maxed out characters and spend half an hour pumping bullets into a raid boss. The whole game and every RPG is about watching the little numbers on screen get higher so seeing a shot go into a guy and "3845K" pop out seems perfectly natural.

I mostly keep the Evil Smasher around because it's a really cathartic way to get past anything that gets too frustrating, it's not part of my normal loadout.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My step 6 is a little different- once you've triggered the effect on the ES, you have a chance of triggering it on any other weapon's reload without switching back to the ES. The power goes so completely through the roof because the effect seems to stack- there will be several copies of the effect attached to your player, each with an individual chance of triggering when you reload any gun you have equipped. You can tell how many of the effects triggered for any given reload by how much extra magazine capacity the gun gets.

Also, don't swap weapons after glitching, but that shouldn't be a problem because weapon types and attributes don't even matter when every projectile does six digits of damage.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I actually had a lot of success with a level 44 Blockhead (the gimmick weapon from the Minecraft easter egg) on my sniper zero. It does an enormous amount of fire damage and seems to interact weirdly with the B0re skill, so I didn't really need to get critical hits.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Marogareh posted:

I feel like they really dropped the ball on B0re. It would've been great if they made it go through objects like walls and such but all we got was an extremely situational skill and some targeting circles :geno:.

And the ability to one-shot BNK3R.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does it make drops of any kind more frequent, or just reroll drops that would have happened anyway?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm glad they fixed the Torgue midget thing, that was really aggravating.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can just chillax, the class weapon affinities are much weaker now. The main difference from BL1 is that each vendor's gear is now radically different from the others and they each have some unique aspect you can't get with the others.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why would remove all the cutscenes? They're only like five seconds long and only happen once per storyline boss per playthrough.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Kind of a silly question, but if I were to buy the season 2 pass, what exactly do I get right off the bat?

The 3 pay DLCs that have been released so far. When the 4th comes out you also get it for free.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 2, 2013

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Or just use Evil Smasher glitch if you don't give a gently caress.

I did this with an Yellowjacket and I don't think he even had time to down me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm kinda curious which combinations of two top-level skills would be beyond the Xbox's capability to handle. Two Saber turrets that both set off nukes? Throwing knives that reset your deception cooldown? A Deathtrap that can be charged with elemental damage and also wears a copy of your shield?

Also, it's funny to hear him complain about destroying the game balance when the Evil Smasher glitch has remained unpatched long after the CC/Bee nerf.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And knowing that DLC schedules for modern games are planned out well in advance and built on foundations laid in the shipped disc, encountering completely unexpected issues in an upgrade the engineering team must have been able to anticipate means it's very likely someone hosed up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I want to make that bit about the shark wearing a bolo tie my ringtone.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's a random bark from any psycho with a very low chance of happening.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can tell the new Heartbreaker is an incredibly powerful gun in the normal game but it's less effective on the Hammerlock savages than the Blockhead I was using before because it has a less predictable shot pattern at range and you still can't get close to witch doctors without getting smashed.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Can't you cheese that mission by staying far away from the friendly constructor and not triggering enemy spawns until it does all 4 targets?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've had that glitch at a fairly constant rate for my entire BL2 career, it seems harmless.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fibby Boy posted:

So wait, what's the point of an eridium increase if there's really nothing to do with it?

Spend it on raid bosses. The secret boss in Big Game Hunt costs 99 already, maybe DLC 4 will have even more expensive ones.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So... Don't use the skill points? Explain to me again how this completely ruins the game when everyone has been running around with fully pimped elite gear builds for months anyway.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It was a legitimate bug, just one that benefitted the player rather than, say, making the game crash. That was obviously not how the weapon was meant to behave, exploits are bugs by nature.

It's a shame some parts of the game will now become inaccessible without putting together a party of 4 top characters, though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Monkey Fracas posted:

One UVHM change I noticed last night is that my favorite enemy is spawning loving everywhere now- the Scavenger! They have unreasonable amounts of health and steal poo poo off of the ground like dicks- I hate them. The worst is when you see them pick a good item off the ground and disappear it into their mystery bag forever. They are priority #1 whenever I notice the jerks- although you'll have all the other, easier-to-kill guys firing on you while you try to kill the one tough enemy it's worth it.

What if you saw one steal a Pearlescent item :smithicide:

When they took all the thieves out of the bar brawl they must have just redistributed them all over the world instead of deleting them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

thebardyspoon posted:

How does elemental effect chance work then? His top right skill in the hellborn tree eventually gives you an extra 200% elemental effect chance, surely 100% would suffice?

The math multiplies the base chance, it's not addition. So if all your gear and badass ranks give you a 30% chance of elemental effect to start, a skill adding +100% brings you up to 60% and +200% brings you up to 90%.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

smashpro1 posted:

So, you're saying that taking all of those skills in the Mania tree won't increase my melee damage by 430%?

Melee damage isn't a chance stat so you really will get 4.3x damage there. That's just my best guess at how a +X% modifier works on a stat that's expressed as a chance to begin with, since thebardyspoon is right that a chance to proc of over 100% is meaningless and they must have set up the numbers like that for a reason.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Be careful with that fight as it's easy to kill the boss in a place where its loot falls outside of the arena and you can't get it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's probably because their development philosophy is that when you can't decide if something should be 5 or 6, set it to 11 and move on.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Fibber can be a pretty good gun if you're lucky and get one of the variants that's not too hard to aim and also gives an insane bonus to crits.

And the 873 gun is funny for 30 seconds and then kind of annoying to use. The reward from Demon Hunter is the best sniper rifle in the base game but it tends to spawn with only iron sights.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Scarlett is the best value but Torgue is the most Borderlands.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is the new DLC supposed to spawn level 55 enemies in TVHM? That guy took forever to kill and I doubt I'd have been able to do it at all if he hadn't constantly fought the other enemies and mysteriously stopped moving for no reason sometimes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Whose idea were the teleporting magic skeletons? Those are the most annoying enemies I've seen anywhere in a long time.

And I love the concept of the Relentless Skeletaurs but the fact that you can't get a second wind off them is a high price to pay for it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Did they ever fix the bug in Hammerlock where the rare animals quest would lose your progress?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is the Evil Smasher glitch really patched? I wasn't able to do it last night, and the wiki says it's gone.

On a completely unrelated note, how the gently caress are you supposed to beat the Orc minibosses on UVHM? The first thing they do when they see you is magic themselves up to level 61 and it took us 15 minutes to move his health bar a couple of pixels.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nah, it was last night with a friend. I was 56 and he was 53, and we had just gotten to the Mines of Avarice. Everything else until that point we had been able to grind through without too much frustration, but the torture camp boss quickly made himself impossible to kill and able to one-shot us both and then chased us around for so long the other enemies in the area respawned, so we gave up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Assassin can put out great damage- if you get crits. On a lot of enemies that's really hard and every DLC seems to have added enemies that make it even harder.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vile posted:

Gunzerker because he gets 2 guns. What could be better than 2 guns? 3?

2 turrets!

There really isn't a "bad" class, none of them have particularly strong weapon affinities and you can respec at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sony announced during their Gamescom event that Borderlands 2 is coming to the PS Vita. No further details.

• Locked thread