Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So is it just me or does Steady As She Goes have the wrong effect on Hyperion guns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

They fixed friendly thoughtlocking! That's gonna make playing my Siren a lot more fun with friends. :allears:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is one of the upcoming DLCs supposed to change the level cap?

They haven't announced for sure, but the achievement for hitting 50 is called "Maxed out... for now" so it's pretty much guaranteed that they will. There's also apparently going to eventually be a story reset option.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

caligulamprey posted:

I always thought "Bonerfart" was something so deafeningly unfunny, it creates a comedy black hole and becomes funny because of that very fact.

Well really, by itself it's just stupid and childish, it's the fact that it's the result of someone just saying 'gently caress it' and going with the shittiest name possible is where the actual joke is.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Something tells me it's a Homestar Runner joke. They're all dressed as "the bee".

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

meiram posted:

Season Two of the Claptrap web series has arrived! Well, on YouTube; it was on facebook earlier (hence those shift codes).

The YouTube version comes with its own codes:

PC: KTCJJ-FHZJW-W6JJB-TTBTJ-R9WWJ
360: 5BCJB-WBZS5-XZRTF-CF3BJ-B6BB6
PS3: WJCTT-S3X5B-T5WWJ-ZJWTJ-HXC6F

But you should watch the video too anyway, it's pretty good.

e:f;b but I link to the video so.

These are still good as of 11 AM EST, so they might not expire?

Edit: aaaand with the new patch I just lost all 14000 of my badass ranks. :/

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Feeble posted:

That reminds me, what is everyone's current badass rank? I kind of want to know for sake of comparison. Can't check my own atm, on my phone at uni.

EDIT: obviously not yours, dewgy. We all know what yours is now :smug:
sorry for your loss dude, that must suck.

What's worse is it erased my controller settings too! My sensitivity settings... :cry:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Feeble posted:

I remember in the last thread someone found a clip from the japanese version of the game and everyone had a few good chuckles about how bad some of them were. Was browsing youtube and found that someone else posted some videos with a lot more of the voices in it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuflWz8e9_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jfYtPjkfz4

Marcus sounds like a child molester and Scooter is just :stare: without the thick accent.

If you change your system language, this and a few other different languages are on the disc. Claptrap in Japanese is fantastic though, he sounds like a mad gameshow host.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Danger - Octopus! posted:

If you use Thoughtlock, do you get XP for the enemies your new buddy kills?

I know Goliaths still chew up the XP and add it to their own, but I'm not sure about other enemies.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Sweet, a semi fix for badass ranks! As soon as this patch drops I'll be back in business! :dance:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

smallmouth posted:

So mechromancer pack isn't part of the season pass?

Nevermind. I'm just an idiot who can't read. :smith:

Not part of the pass, but totally worth ten bucks.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kifisonfire posted:

Actually yeah this is the best thing. Maybe they'll keep it like the armory glitch?

Or, because it's based on scripted geometry like the Armory glitch, there's actually nothing they can do about it. :haw:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So excited for the patch to drop so I can start playing again. My badass ranks! :unsmith:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
30ish for Playthrough 1, 50 for TVHM.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

MacheteZombie posted:

Mechanics wise, the bosses are really cool in my opinion. They add a neat level of strategy to the fights and force you to know the fight much like RPGs. However, gee particularly has too much drat hp to make the fight fun since it just goes and goes, as well as, the technical glitches associated with both fights pulling them down to non-fun levels.

Glad to hear the patch to fix the freezes didn't work for poo poo though, I haven't attempted them since the first few nights for that reason. A trick to avoid the freeze is to not look at Gee when he dies. Sounds stupid I know, but it worked for me and is the only reason I completed the quest. I've killed him three times, no loot, just so you know.

The patch isn't out yet.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kyrosiris posted:

There's a supposed fix in the 1.2 patch, but it doesn't work 100% and you will probably not get back all the BAR that you're supposed to have. You also won't get back any skins/heads that were drops.

And no they're not changing the idiotic droprates on those either.

I'm debating duping and renaming my level 50 Siren before patch hits on my Memory Unit just so I can milk as many BAR as I can out of the drat thing.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I have a pistol at 50 that does ~7000 damage and even that's hardly a showstopping amount of damage so no, that one's not gonna last you all that long. Infinite ammo guns don't come around much but you can get class mods with ammo regen usually.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hooray, patch day! Still about 2000 ranks short and if I switch any of my characters away from the Halloween skin I'll lose it forever, but other than that gently caress yeah I can play BL again!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jubs posted:

I wish there was a way to trade Eridium for stuff other than from the Black Market. I've already bought everything and I have 99 Eridium just wasting away.

Don't forget boss fights! Which pay for themselves tenfold if you win.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Essential posted:

Wow that's really strange. Kind of a bummer that the stats always seem to go down!

Is it maybe adding in your badass ranks and showing them to you when you're about to pick the weapon up?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I think the biggest hurdle with TVHM is you need to realize that resistances and weaknesses are doubled both ways. Shields eat away bullet damage on enemies, corrosive REALLY needs to get used on armored baddies, and if you don't exploit everyone's weaknesses constantly, they won't drop quick enough.

That also applies to you, so keep some extra shields around for when you come across really nasty elemental dudes.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I miss my Double Anarchy and other broken but not legendary stuff. There needs to be more variety in the purples, and a little less balance against the player. I need to get back into it though, it's still a drat fun game.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
There's a bunch of tongue ringtones in a zip on the Gearbox forums, that might be one of them I think.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Duke Chin posted:

Where does this guy show up at? I've heard about him a while ago but not entirely sure I've ever run into him... And if I did I may have exploded him too quickly.

Also, that just made me realize I want Face McShooty as a ringtone as well. I love that guy. :3

edit: vvv Oh, poo poo... Then I definitely haven't heard it.

Oh I'm sure you have, just only like the first second or two of it. They'll say it when bum rushing you.

You know how Call of Duty (the last few of them, pick one) is the perfect example of a game with way too much of a budget? BL2 seems to basically be the same way, only they got the superfluous poo poo part of their budget when the core game was mostly done. There's so much tiny, insignificant, missable stuff. I love it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Greenplastic posted:

I noticed a lot more resists popping up, I'll keep that in mind. I guess maybe it's time for some respeccing as well then :/

Oh, and thanks for the offer delpheye, but I'm on PS3!

Not only do you see more resists, they're doubled. Weaknesses and strengths double in TVHM. So electric chews through shields in no time, for example.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Count Chocula posted:

Scaling is stuck when I accept quests, so I can't just accept a bunch and do them when I reach the areas they're in, like in every other game. I suppose there's no manual reset so I should just leave them until TVHM?

Quests don't scale until you get to TVHM anyway, and TVHM is a fully restarted NG+.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Speedboat Jones posted:

Yeah, and he says "Sorry. Old Crimson Lance saying." because that excuses it. Heritage not hate! :911:

Well and the joke is the Crimson Lance really were a bunch of inhuman shitheads. Remember Old Haven?

edit: oh god rocky road, i almost forgot about rocky road. those poor brave bastards had to go through a lot too. :911:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Neo Helbeast posted:

Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

We get ETech relics too.

The moment this drops, I pick up BL2 again for a few days. If E-Tech relics do weird poo poo just like the weapons, I may be playing much longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Xyretire posted:

Unless there's a massive bug that I'm not aware of Close Enough makes ricochets do 50% damage, not +50% damage. Still incredibly deadly with the bonuses from Anarchy but not more deadly than actually hitting your targets.

Yeah but five points in CE basically means all of your bullets with max anarchy stacks hit. Your bullets shoot out behind you, bounce off something, and hit for 50% of whatever crazy amount of damage Anarchy just gave you. More than negates the accuracy downsides of Anarchy, since you'll still have that occasional bullet that hits its intended target as well. You turn into a walking insta-kill trap with the right guns.

• Locked thread