Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Woah woah woah there buddy, you got a problem with Axton? :clint:

Other than that he's a worse Gaige, not really. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

How many nuclear explosion are created when your mechanical death-machine is deployed, huh? :smug:

How often does your mechanical death-machine despawn, huh? :smug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Synastren posted:

Oh, and being a team player by slagging everything for everyone.

I do that in addition to reviving people and shooting them in the head with my Chere'amie to heal them. :colbert:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Marogareh posted:

Does the Chere'amie also make a loud and horrible sound when you hit someone or is it just me. It's kinda hard using one of the best snipers in the game with that deafening glitch. Also dual sticky turrets with rocket pods is a thing of beauty.

I haven't had any sound issues with mine, no.

It's really great as a healing Maya since the transfusion orbs you generate A) generate from shooting friends too, B) will heal friends, and C) deal a percentage of what you dealt/healed, so the Bee amps them too indirectly.

Chere'amie owns for healing Maya.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

I'm guessing they work like any other redeemable code in that once they're used they're gone. So basically I'll need to race against everyone else to use one when they get posted?

They generally come in two forms - "lasts X number of uses" (usually 10k) or "lasts X number of time" (usually 2 hours).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

New keys:

WinPC: CBKB3-3BKH9-XB3J3-BJB3B-H53CK
PS3: WB5JJ-KX6HJ-XHJCT-ZBKJB-XW3J6
X360: WB5JJ-KX6CR-TFRBX-WFJJB-XW3S6

(No info provided on duration or number of uses, so, good luck?)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Geokinesis posted:

Yeah they do, thoughtlock is pretty great!

This is the first time that Thoughtlock has sounded appealing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Edit: Disregard, BL1 is not BL2.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

brickswereshat posted:

As in the xbox dashboard, not save and quit, correct?

Correct. Saving is bad.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The Rokstar posted:

It's also a Gamestop exclusive IIRC.

Correct, though if you know someone that has it, they can let you in.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

SpannerX posted:

I can't find it on the PS3 yet. Am I doing something wrong? I have the season pass.

It is always late (like middle of the afternoon CST) on PS3. X360 gets it earliest, then Steam/PC (around noon), then PS3.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

abaddonis posted:

The generally accepted strategy for hyperius is to get 4 people with tediore relics to throw baby makers with a bee shield on. Shoot once and then reload. When there is over 50 rounds left in the mag, it does about 1 mil per throw.

Note that once the consoles get the 1.2 patch, that will no longer work since The Bee will no longer apply to the unfired shots in a thrown Tediore weapon.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Aaronicon posted:

So I jumped on for the first time since Halo 4 came out, downloaded the compatibility pack and the new Carnage expansion pack - and all my Badass Ranks were gone (Challenges still all levelled). Is there a patch or fix in the works, and would it even help me now they're already gone? Kinda sucks, but at the end of the day it was only like a 5% increase in some areas so I'm not too bummed.

There's a supposed fix in the 1.2 patch, but it doesn't work 100% and you will probably not get back all the BAR that you're supposed to have. You also won't get back any skins/heads that were drops.

And no they're not changing the idiotic droprates on those either.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Officer CockKnuckle posted:

Really? Both of the other expansions only took a few hours. Don't see how this is any different. I'm still waiting for Knoxx or Dr. Ned, (in terms of length and depth) I really think they are waiting until the season pass thing is over with to release the REAL expansions.... :/

Which is pretty loving galling, given that the reason most people bought the pass at all was that we were told it would be "four Knoxx-sized/scaled DLCs".

Oh well, not like I needed the $90.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ashekaban posted:

note : The artifact doesnt do anything.

Well, it does, but it's incredibly minor. It adjusts the distribution of items 5% away from dropping white-quality loot and 5% towards dropping not-white quality loot.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

They're too busy nerfing fun shields and weapons into the ground to fix bugs.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Pitchford was a stage magician, getting taken for a ride shouldn't be that surprising.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

God drat, y'all are some bitter nerds in here. "We want a level cap increase!" "Okay, we're working on it, but it's gonna be a bit because it's difficult to balance and also not crash your game" "gently caress YOU YOU SUCK!" Also this

Given that there are already level 51+ people running around with skill points to match on all three platforms, his hand-wringing bullshit holds like... no water. At all.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Abiggoat posted:

I've been trying to farm Hunter Hellquist but I'm having a problem: He's just not there. I hear his voice when I open the doors, and the robots come to help him out, but he doesn't spawn.

Have you completed the quest "This Just In!"? If you've accepted it but not turned it in, he won't respawn, and if you haven't accepted it, he won't spawn at all.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dewgy posted:

Not only do you see more resists, they're doubled. Weaknesses and strengths double in TVHM. So electric chews through shields in no time, for example.

To flip this on its head, though, Shock attacks do not resist on anything other than Shock-elemental creatures. You do 1x damage against flesh, armor, and then 2.5x on shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Minorities posted:

Additionally, when this game was first announced like 2 years ago, Gearbox explicitly said that if they had a choice to nerf things or make them overpowered, they leaned toward overpowered because this a co-op game, not a competitive game. They'd rather people have fun going crazy with broken builds and weapons than getting frustrated with characters who didn't have any good skills or whose only good skills were in the bottom tiers.

They've kinda taken a massive, steaming poo poo on that since release, though.

• Locked thread