Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Ouhei posted:

I have both Maya and Gaige at 50 and I enjoy Maya more. I'm a big fan of elemental damage in this game and she makes it SO GOOD. The thing with Gaige is that I haven't found a build where I don't feel like I'm missing out on some really good skills, where with Maya the only thing I'd like to add to my build is Sweet Release.

I feel the exact opposite way. I tried to play my Maya as a CQC powerhouse (thoughtlock because cataclysm sucks dick past PT1) and kept dying. When I do the same with Gaige I just murder everything. It really synergizes with my run and gun in your face playstyle.

strangemusic posted:

I finally found the time to get through to the end of the story mode.

What's the consensus: plug right back in to TVHM or do the Scarlett DLC first?

Also, excellent new thread title.

If you're above level 32-ish don't bother, you will level up so slowly it just won't be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Geokinesis posted:

Really?

Thoughtlock is pretty great, you gain possibly a fairly damaging ally who the enemies will target ahead of you most likely (even moreso if you have converge).

Yeah and the alternative is cataclysm which is bad because the damage does not scale (although the slag is good when paired with converge it's generally not worth the rest of the points to get there), and middle tree Maya is pretty lame past Res

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

jackofarcades posted:

It works fine for regular enemies, but the reason it's so broken is because of the Bee. If you take any hit it becomes just a very good gun, and I have a ton of very good guns.

Edit: I farmed a Bee, but it has like a 6 recharge delay. Ugh.

I wonder if gibbed's editor will allow you to change the recharge delay on shields like the Bee? I remember dis astringent (sp?) saying the shield editing in the game is fairly limited as far as sanity checks go.

• Locked thread