Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I caught a moment of Supreme Bird Doofus'ry for you all.

Serra and Blue have communal treat time. Serra carried off one of the nutriberries, even though Blue won't touch them. She then proceeded to hiss at him, while he slept, trying to get her nutriberry.

Once she finally tried it, she became terrified of everything and...fought the nutriberry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLGdWzrunUo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Pinto and Peanut are both the most aggressive they've ever been in our years together. The sudden biting out of nowhere is really taking a toll. They'll be nice, stepping up, doing their normal tricks and whistles and interactions, then an aggressive stance and chomp out of nowhere. We try not to react to not reinforce the behavior but man. Mrs Cookies and I don't really know what has gone wrong here. I know a lot of things can lead to more aggressive behaviors and I feel like we've checked off most of them.

Any weird things happen to make any of your birds more aggressive than normal? Or maybe we've missed something. What's your checklist for things contributing to aggression?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
idk about your family but here that generally means seasonal hormones

frustrating though, i feel you

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Maybe but this year is so much worse than every other year. They're about 7 years old now so I wouldn't think they'd be as bad as their 2/3 years. But holy poo poo they are terrible

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I would immediately say hormones. There's not always much rhyme or reason to it. Old Man Blue is going through his worst molt ever, and it coming up on nine years old. Bird's are just weird.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah hard to say but something may have triggered them to go all out this year. have you noticed any mating attempts?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I know Sera and Ozzy are both super broody and inclined to fighting at the drop of a hat. Spring is rough.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Yay, today is Serra and Blue's yearly vet-visit! Which means wrangling them into a Chevy Spark, while my right hand was sliced open in two places for surgery a few weeks ago, then driving forty-five minutes.

Ooooh Boy, they are going to be so adorably fat and sassy.

:kimchi:

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Stuck at car repair place for a couple hours, please send lots of birb updates if possible.

E: omg
\/ \/ \/

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Plastic Pal posted:

Stuck at car repair place for a couple hours, please send lots of birb updates if possible.